• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is your best meal you can cook?

34 minutes ago, halomatt said:

I made homemade ricotta once and surprised at how different it was than store-bought.  It was waaaaayyyyyyy better than that tub of paste you can get at most stores. 

It's definitely way better and very quick and easy to make. Easily worth it. But if you are willing to try that, you should try making mozzarella. The difference is night and day to what you can get in a store. Even the fancy expensive "fresh" stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Tapatio is wonderful. So is Cholula. 

Both are great, but Tapatio is my preference. Plus you can get a giant bottle for $3. It's amazing how many different foods it goes well with. Back when my brother used to smoke brisket he would make BBQ baked beans with it. He would make fun of me for always putting Tapatio in it. Finally one day I convinced him to try it, and he has been doing it ever since.

I grilled up some ribeyes last weekend and made a whisky peppercorn sauce. It actually came out much better than I thought it would. Garlic, Shallots, beef broth, Maker's Mark and I used the mixed color peppercorns. Added some cream and corn starch for thickness. Great flavor. Next up, some sort of red wine reduction sauce. 

Tapatio is the bizness.

I recently started throwing it on damn near everything and it gives it some kick without killing the taste or being to strong to ruin your dish or meal. I like Cholula, but I noticed I only like it on certain things.

I ordered Famous Dave's for a friend and I with the UFC fights and forgot how much I love their Devil's Spit sauce. Nice kick to it. Found it at the store yesterday and it was only $2-$3. Going to try to do bbq chicken today with limited resources. 

3 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

I grilled up some ribeyes last weekend and made a whisky peppercorn sauce. It actually came out much better than I thought it would. Garlic, Shallots, beef broth, Maker's Mark and I used the mixed color peppercorns. Added some cream and corn starch for thickness. Great flavor. Next up, some sort of red wine reduction sauce. 

Sounds solid

3 hours ago, Tank said:

i have a serious case of the gringo when it comes to hot & spicy food. i don't like my mouth to be on fire, and most peppers do that for me. so i just generally avoid all of them.

My friend that came over on Saturday is like this. I ordered bbq and she ate a rib and was tripping out in the kitchen....a basic ass rib with basic ass sauce. It was a trip as I had to add sauce to get a kick.

She likes everything beyond bland. I just don't like spice to overrun my meal.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

My friend that came over on Saturday is like this. I ordered bbq and she ate a rib and was tripping out in the kitchen....a basic ass rib with basic ass sauce. It was a trip as I had to add sauce to get a kick.

She likes everything beyond bland. I just don't like spice to overrun my meal.

jalapeno is about as strong as i can handle, and not very much of it, though once in a very great while i can handle a very little bit of habanero if it's in a sauce or something like that.

a friend of mine can't handle anything spicier than ketchup.

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

jalapeno is about as strong as i can handle, and not very much of it, though once in a very great while i can handle a very little bit of habanero if it's in a sauce or something like that.

a friend of mine can't handle anything spicier than ketchup.

You poor bastards

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

Tapatio is the bizness.

I recently started throwing it on damn near everything and it gives it some kick without killing the taste or being to strong to ruin your dish or meal. I like Cholula, but I noticed I only like it on certain things.

I ordered Famous Dave's for a friend and I with the UFC fights and forgot how much I love their Devil's Spit sauce. Nice kick to it. Found it at the store yesterday and it was only $2-$3. Going to try to do bbq chicken today with limited resources. 

One of my go to meals is Tilapia and fresh spinach sprinkled with olive oil and Tapatio. Just wrap the whole thing up in foil, throw it in the oven for 12 minutes at 400 and you’re good. 

1 hour ago, Don said:

One of my go to meals is Tilapia and fresh spinach sprinkled with olive oil and Tapatio. Just wrap the whole thing up in foil, throw it in the oven for 12 minutes at 400 and you’re good. 

I might mess with fish next, but don't seem to do well with white fish and it comes out dry.