• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

North Korea

• 2 weeks later...

North Korea asks starving citizens to eat less as food shortages expected to continue: reports

North Koreans are being asked to eat less food as the communist nation deals with a food emergency that is expected to continue at least until 2025, according to reports.

A shortage of food in the nation led by dictator Kim Jong Un has resulted from a shutdown of its border with China, an action that was taken in 2020 in a bid to slow the spread of the coronavirus, Radio Free Asia (RFA) reported.

But the move has devastated North Korea’s economy as food prices have spiked, and has resulted in starvation deaths among its population of 25 million, the report said. 

Some residents in North Korea suspect that the Kim regime’s request for citizens to cut back on food consumption suggests the leader "is not aware of how serious the food situation is," a source told RFA.

About 40% of North Korea’s population is estimated by the U.N. World Food Program to be undernourished and the nation has been short of food this year by about 860,000 tons – or the equivalent of two months’ worth of food, according to the U.N.’s Food and Agriculture Organization, RFA reported.

"Some of the residents are saying that the situation right now is so serious they don’t know if they can even survive the coming winter," a second source, in Sinuiju, North Korea, across the Yalu River from Dandong, China, told RFA.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

North Korea claims dictator's late father invented popular Mexican dish

Halfway around the world from Mexico, North Korea – known for its food shortages – is now claiming the burrito was invented by Kim Jong Un’s late father, according to reports. 

Kim Jong Il, who died in 2011, created the savory staple, which was called "wheat wraps," a North Korean state news agency recently claimed.

But the story has obviously drawn skepticism.

"I have never seen any burritos or wraps on sale in North Korea," defector Hyun-seung Lee said, according to the Washington Examiner. "The penetration rate of Western food in North Korea is extremely low, because there are very few restaurants where you can eat it, and the food ingredients are not diverse."

He said North Korea doesn’t even have the ingredients to make burritos nor the ability to supply them to citizens. 

"Various cooking ingredients such as milk, cheese, and spices are absolutely lacking," he attested. 

31 minutes ago, Redondo said:

North Korea claims dictator's late father invented popular Mexican dish

Halfway around the world from Mexico, North Korea – known for its food shortages – is now claiming the burrito was invented by Kim Jong Un’s late father, according to reports. 

Kim Jong Il, who died in 2011, created the savory staple, which was called "wheat wraps," a North Korean state news agency recently claimed.

But the story has obviously drawn skepticism.

"I have never seen any burritos or wraps on sale in North Korea," defector Hyun-seung Lee said, according to the Washington Examiner. "The penetration rate of Western food in North Korea is extremely low, because there are very few restaurants where you can eat it, and the food ingredients are not diverse."

He said North Korea doesn’t even have the ingredients to make burritos nor the ability to supply them to citizens. 

"Various cooking ingredients such as milk, cheese, and spices are absolutely lacking," he attested. 

I want you to know that I am thankful for you posting this click wait.

As I'm sure the cynical humans that string along the Fox News readers were expecting, this article has proven to increase lemming engagement with the site via comments.

...and the comments are hilarious and predictable. I am enjoying it.

💕

North Korea claims success after second hypersonic-missile test this week

The Korean Central News Agency said Tuesday’s launch involved a hypersonic glide vehicle, which after its release from the rocket booster demonstrated "glide jump flight" and "corkscrew maneuvering" before hitting a sea target 1,000 kilometers (621 miles) away. Photos released by the agency showed a missile mounted with a pointed cone-shaped payload soaring into the sky while leaving a trail of orange flames and Kim watching from a small cabin with top officials, including his sister Kim Yo Jong.

The launch was North Korea’s second test of its purported hypersonic missile in a week, a type of weaponry it first tested in September, as Kim Jong Un continues a defiant push to expand his nuclear weapons capabilities in the face of international sanctions, pandemic-related difficulties and deadlocked diplomacy with the United States.

Edited by Redondo

On 1/8/2022 at 6:54 AM, RallyMo said:

I want you to know that I am thankful for you posting this click wait.

As I'm sure the cynical humans that string along the Fox News readers were expecting, this article has proven to increase lemming engagement with the site via comments.

...and the comments are hilarious and predictable. I am enjoying it.

💕

I really despise the stereotypical partisan 95 IQ American