• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Covid 19 pass times

I asked this in the other thread, but kind of got buried in the virus updates (rightfully so).

Whats everyone been doing on lockdown? Anybody remodel a bathroom? Tear out a tree in their backyard? Get their broke down car running?

I havent had near as much free time as I expected. Im still working, and the out of work chicks suddenly want to netflix and chill.

But, aside from boot camp cleaning my house (like literally lysol spraying everything from the floorboards to the garage), and actually using a scrub pad to strip my floor tile (what an idiot), i bought 2 toys. 

One, a vacuum sealer for food. Which i know is exciting as hell.

Two, I bought a carpet shampooer. Holy crap.... I usually have the carpets cleaned like once a year, but got lazy and hadnt done it for the last 2 or 3 maybe. (Gross i know, but im never home anyway). Now im going to town. Moving furniture to other rooms, etc etc. Freaking crazy how dirty carpets get.

You'll dig the food sealer. I don't cook and meal prep like I used to, but it was dope to spend a day at Costco, stock up, then seal everything and not have to shop for a few weeks.

Just kind of drinking and watching comedy podcasts on YouTube. Someone introduced me to this app that is starting to go viral called House Party. It's basically like Skype or Face Time in larger groups and everyone has their own screen on the app and it looks like the intro screen to the Brady Bunch....take some getting used to holding the camera like a selfie and walking around, but it's cool to reconnect with people, friends, old co-workers, etc.

Spending a lot of time texting and messaging with friends and family. I also have been trying to make it a point to go out of my way once a day and call or message someone I don't talk to anymore or haven't for a long time and genuinely seeing how they are doing and how they are holding up. Seems like a good time to reconnect and maybe bring back or build up some old friendships, but more importantly just telling someone that I'm thinking about them and making their day a little bit better.

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

You'll dig the food sealer. I don't cook and meal prep like I used to, but it was dope to spend a day at Costco, stock up, then seal everything and not have to shop for a few weeks.

Just kind of drinking and watching comedy podcasts on YouTube. Someone introduced me to this app that is starting to go viral called House Party. It's basically like Skype or Face Time in larger groups and everyone has their own screen on the app and it looks like the intro screen to the Brady Bunch....take some getting used to holding the camera like a selfie and walking around, but it's cool to reconnect with people, friends, old co-workers, etc.

Spending a lot of time texting and messaging with friends and family. I also have been trying to make it a point to go out of my way once a day and call or message someone I don't talk to anymore or haven't for a long time and genuinely seeing how they are doing and how they are holding up. Seems like a good time to reconnect and maybe bring back or build up some old friendships, but more importantly just telling someone that I'm thinking about them and making their day a little bit better.

This is definitely the time for that. I need to get off my ass and do the same.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Experimental because there are things you want to try, or because the stuff you want to cook is sold out?

One of our instructors recently left and I inherited all his seasonings and some hardware so I'm trying some new combos and techniques. Pretty much everything is still available here

The usual exercise and cooking, which have long been my hobbies, but I also bought a game camera and have been moving it all over my property to catalogue the wildlife. It's about what I expected - lots of coyotes and the occasional bobcat - the only exception being there are way more rabbits than I ever imagined. As the camera was a low-end inexpensive model ($30), I'm considering buying a couple more, as this has been much more fun than I expected.