• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Covid 19 pass times

16 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

One, a vacuum sealer for food. Which i know is exciting as hell.

Food sealer is great. Always very useful with a sous vide. You can separate out the large costco purchases, season the meat you are going to freeze, vacuum seal, and then stick in the freezer.

When you are ready to use, set the sous vide up to the right temperature and then just drop in the frozen package. Don't need to thaw...can let it run for hours (just check for recommendations on temp and how long to sous vide for the meat your cooking...add an extra hour or two if it is frozen). Works on pretty much anything.

16 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Anyone here been to Zion or The Grand Canyon? I imagine somebody has.

Thinking about maybe doing a road trip for the weekend and those are the only two close parks i can think of. Is it worth it just to drive? Give me something to mess around with my camera.

Both are fantastic. Zion you are photographing from the bottom of the canyon, Grand Canyon from the top. Grand Canyon is the better photo option.

I'd double check though, some National Parks were closing because jackasses wouldn't stay at home and kept driving in from out of state....

(also, they might be open but services are closed so you would need to see if any of the local places outside the park are open)

29 minutes ago, Keener said:

Lucky for you, it was pas/fail.

These kids today have it easy. I would have graduated on time, too if a global pandemic cancelled my finals. Lucky bastards.

When the hell am i gonna use an isosceles triangle anyway? Or talk about wuthering heights? 

31 minutes ago, red321 said:

Both are fantastic. Zion you are photographing from the bottom of the canyon, Grand Canyon from the top. Grand Canyon is the better photo option.

I'd double check though, some National Parks were closing because jackasses wouldn't stay at home and kept driving in from out of state....

(also, they might be open but services are closed so you would need to see if any of the local places outside the park are open)

Lol, i know i know... freaking dumbasses cant stay home. But i was figuring the parks would be wide open and mostly free of people... so safer than the target ive been hitting every weekend.

Id even be fine just driving somewhere out and about, doesnt need to be a park. Just something to shoot.

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Lol, i know i know... freaking dumbasses cant stay home. But i was figuring the parks would be wide open and mostly free of people... so safer than the target ive been hitting every weekend.

Id even be fine just driving somewhere out and about, doesnt need to be a park. Just something to shoot.

yeah, what is it with those dumbasses who won't stay home....

From what I'm reading the parks ain't free and wide open. Grand Canyon you can probably get away from people easier, it's a lot more spread out, you'd just need to stay away from the viewpoints and walk along the edge. Zion is very trail based, some of them very narrow and crowded.

Eastern Sierras are begging people not to go up there, Bishop/Lone Pine have been overrun with people, or at least they were a week or two ago.

Death Valley might be a good time. Did you do that last year? Didn't we talk about you going there? Right time of year to go and fairly easy to stay away from people. Biggest challenge would probably be lodging and food there. If you can camp and have offroad, Mojave National Monument might not be bad. Kelso Dunes and other surrounding areas.

15 minutes ago, red321 said:

yeah, what is it with those dumbasses who won't stay home....

From what I'm reading the parks ain't free and wide open. Grand Canyon you can probably get away from people easier, it's a lot more spread out, you'd just need to stay away from the viewpoints and walk along the edge. Zion is very trail based, some of them very narrow and crowded.

Eastern Sierras are begging people not to go up there, Bishop/Lone Pine have been overrun with people, or at least they were a week or two ago.

Death Valley might be a good time. Did you do that last year? Didn't we talk about you going there? Right time of year to go and fairly easy to stay away from people. Biggest challenge would probably be lodging and food there. If you can camp and have offroad, Mojave National Monument might not be bad. Kelso Dunes and other surrounding areas.

Id be open to it. Its fairly close right, couple of hours? Maybe i can get in there just sort of daytrip it and then turn back for home.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ok smarty pants, and what about the second part, where emily and cliff want to bone but dont (or maybe they did) in wuthering heights? Hmmmm?

are you kidding me?!? are you freakin' kidding me?!?!

i always figured you needed something to talk about with lil' joker and chuy the next time you jam them up for dealing and they're waiting in the back of your squad car. come on, man.

btw, how soon do you become detective TORS? or is THE MAN holding you down?

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Anyone here been to Zion or The Grand Canyon? I imagine somebody has.

Thinking about maybe doing a road trip for the weekend and those are the only two close parks i can think of. Is it worth it just to drive? Give me something to mess around with my camera.

Zion was dope. Drove through it when a buddy and I road tried to Salt Lake for a week long snowboard trip. Just a drive through, but looked worth a visit and spending more time.

Just watch out for the aerial and highway speed traps.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Food sealer is great. Always very useful with a sous vide. You can separate out the large costco purchases, season the meat you are going to freeze, vacuum seal, and then stick in the freezer.

When you are ready to use, set the sous vide up to the right temperature and then just drop in the frozen package. Don't need to thaw...can let it run for hours (just check for recommendations on temp and how long to sous vide for the meat your cooking...add an extra hour or two if it is frozen). Works on pretty much anything.

I don't make marinades or season before sealing enough. I've done some solid steak marinades and left it overnight and it came out fantastic with sealing ii all into the meat.