• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Covid 19 pass times

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'm a little mad at him. Seen him a few times, but hadn't been to a comedy show in a while and was going to with a lady friend that set the whole thing up when he was going to do Brea Improv towards the end of last year...I believe early November. He cancelled the day before and there were no refunds. We got stuck watching a pretty mediocre comedy show with names I've never heard of or would want to see.

Thats really shitty. I listen to his podcast weekly and have been for about two years now and he gets in this mental funks that just make him hard to listen to sometimes. 

Also kind of shitty on the venues behalf; they should have offered a refund. 

2 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Thats really shitty. I listen to his podcast weekly and have been for about two years now and he gets in this mental funks that just make him hard to listen to sometimes. 

Also kind of shitty on the venues behalf; they should have offered a refund. 

Funny you mention that, that's exactly what happened.

She bought the tickets, so she got the email. The reason it listed is because of scheduling conflicts for a new movie or some kind of taping. He must have cancelled his Comedy Store sets, too, because they posted something on FB saying, "Congrats Theo for your upcoming movie!"

However, a day or two later Joe Rogan did a podcast with another comedian and they were talking about fatigue and burnout. Joe then says something like, "It's real. I was talking with Theo Von the other night at the Comedy Store and he experienced it and cancelled a bunch of shows because he felt like he had nothing new to say and was tired of hearing his voice. So he cancelled some recent shows to take a break and get his head together."  

So kind of shitty. I originally backed out of the new show, but saw no refunds on the email and knew the chick put in a lot of work to get tix, set up our night, get a baby sitter, etc.

With some of my considerable down time, I finished a book that I had started and only read a small portion of, Under the Tarnished Dome, about Notre Dame football. It ends during the Lou Holtz era, but if anyone believes that Notre Dame is squeaky clean or does everything right, I encourage you to read it. A surprising number of former Irish players and coaches contributed personal observations. It also dispels any perception that Lou Holtz is just a harmless little imp who speaks with a lisp. He is a hypocrite to the core.

21 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

With some of my considerable down time, I finished a book that I had started and only read a small portion of, Under the Tarnished Dome, about Notre Dame football. It ends during the Lou Holtz era, but if anyone believes that Notre Dame is squeaky clean or does everything right, I encourage you to read it. A surprising number of former Irish players and coaches contributed personal observations. It also dispels any perception that Lou Holtz is just a harmless little imp who speaks with a lisp. He is a hypocrite to the core.

I don't believe any major college program is squeaky clean or does everything right. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I don't believe any major college program is squeaky clean or does everything right. 

A former coworker who played football for a major college church-sponsored school gave me a rather surprising answer when I asked him if he knew of or played against anyone who used steroids. "I did." He said that it did not happen on campus, but players were told where to go to get it and that it was "taken care of".

Another who played football for a school that was in the then-Big 8 Conference told me about the "$100 handshake". Players would attend a social function with major boosters, who would shake their hands. Inside the hand was a $100 bill. By the time that the players made the rounds in the room, they had a pretty good haul.