• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Covid 19 pass times

I had a break last night for a few hours then had to download audio stems to conform a show master for file output. File output is brutally slow process to encode a high rez file from Avid. If anything goes wrong you lose everything. There are work arounds but they require a lot of hoop jumping and third party software. 

At close to midnight I set an alarm for 2am, when the file would be completed and took a nap. When it was time I uploaded the 138 gig file to an FTP site and their upload speeds were really slow for a Post House that does file transfers and encoding. So another alarm was set to make sure the upload was completed by around 4am. 

Didn't get much rest in between, checked the file was uploaded correctly and hit the sack and it took until 5:30 to fall back asleep only to get up 3 hours later to shower, shave, get dressed and do this all over again today.

The good news is my shift shouldn't be much over 14 hours today. What will I do with all that spare time. 

12 minutes ago, Lou said:

I'd eat a Vietnamese guy.... It's a starter move

lol

I spent about 3 hours last night watching his clips

You can definitely go down some rabbit holes with him and Joey Diaz. If you want me to ruin your day, jump to Chris Distefano next.....he's the next Theo Von. The stories about his dad are next level.

I think this podcast has the most and it's the most fluid. You can even type in Chris Distefano and one of the first drop downs is "dad".

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You can definitely go down some rabbit holes with him and Joey Diaz. If you want me to ruin your day, jump to Chris Distefano next.....he's the next Theo Von. The stories about his dad are next level.

I think this podcast has the most and it's the most fluid. You can even type in Chris Distefano and one of the first drop downs is "dad".

Watched a bunch of his vids a couple of days ago. I was going to mention him but didn't think anyone was familiar with him. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Watched a bunch of his vids a couple of days ago. I was going to mention him but didn't think anyone was familiar with him. 

The story about Doc Goodens no-hitter is genius shit.

Dad- Hey, I see two empty seats down there can me and my kid sit there to watch the no-no?

Usher- I'm sorry sir, but unless you have a ticket, no

Dad- But my kid has special needs

Usher- Ahhh, go ahead

Just hilarious.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

The Theo Von and Brendan Shaub Funniest Roasts vids are classic

Those were the best. The first one went so viral and got so much attention that they created their own King and the Sting podcast to basically just do that. Which is where the name came from.

Ironically, when I went to see Theo for New Years, Schaub was one of the openers.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Oh man, dude is my favorite and I've been throwing around his shit here for years......even spent a New Years at the Comedy Store to see him.

When he says exhibit a on this one, I lost it. Start around the 7:00 mark.

That's gold. I agree with Joe here, I can't even tell if he's playing a character or just making honest observations.

15 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

That's gold. I agree with Joe here, I can't even tell if he's playing a character or just making honest observations.

It's kind of a combo...or Joe is setting him up to shine. Joe sometimes gets serious about topics, while Theo just always rocks this persona.

I came across Theo one night randomly at The Comedy Store and left thinking, "Who the fuck is this guy, I need to do a deep dive on him" as he just torched the room and had everyone buckled over laughing....I still have never seen anything like it, outside of one time where Jeff Ross leveled the room.

When I look at all of Theo's material, he seemed to be kind of a struggling comedian that was trying to find himself. His stories as a kid in Louisiana and the people he went to school with are absolute gold. I think he kind of took those hits and made it a persona the same way Andrew Dice Clay did. I listen to his own podcast and all of his appearances on others and he kind of does this purposefully schtick of being a dumb redneck or purposefully acts dumb as part of the joke. This clip was older and I don't see it as much these days, but he knows what works.

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

I'm down that Theo rabbit hole. I'm still watching his podcasts. 

Nice. His earlier Fighter and the Kid appearances...about two years ago when he was voted best guest were pretty epic.

He has a few funny ones on his own, but I prefer when he has guests on. I think the Chris Distefano one may be the best with Joey Diaz and Tom Segura up there. I think Nick Swardson had a solid episode, too.

1 hour ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I love Theo Von man. Met him at Irvine Comedy club last year. Got some hilarious pictures. 

I'm a little mad at him. Seen him a few times, but hadn't been to a comedy show in a while and was going to with a lady friend that set the whole thing up when he was going to do Brea Improv towards the end of last year...I believe early November. He cancelled the day before and there were no refunds. We got stuck watching a pretty mediocre comedy show with names I've never heard of or would want to see.