• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

COVID-19 Cancellations

6 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

After urging from President Trump, Dana White says he'll keep holding UFC events despite coronavirus

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dana-white-ufc-coronavirus-president-donald-trump-022940222.html?.tsrc=fauxdal

This makes sense. Trump is a wise leader and decision-maker, and he's also very knowledgeable about viruses.

9 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

After urging from President Trump, Dana White says he'll keep holding UFC events despite coronavirus

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dana-white-ufc-coronavirus-president-donald-trump-022940222.html?.tsrc=fauxdal

It's an empty arena so I don't think it's that big of a deal. I guess people hanging out at home still need something sports related to watch. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's an empty arena so I don't think it's that big of a deal. I guess people hanging out at home still need something sports related to watch. 

I didn't see anything about an empty arena. I was actually hoping The Players was still going to continue, but without spectators. 

4 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

So you just posted a link without reading what was in it?

I read it. I saw the part that he was moving it to smaller venues, missed the part where this Saturday's fight will be without spectators.

Some events will be moved to UFC’s 1,500-capacity Apex facility in Las Vegas, while Saturday’s UFC Brasilia event in Brazil will be held without spectators due to local measures taken against COVID-19.

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

I read it. I saw the part that he was moving it to smaller venues, missed the part where this Saturday's fight will be without spectators.

Some events will be moved to UFC’s 1,500-capacity Apex facility in Las Vegas, while Saturday’s UFC Brasilia event in Brazil will be held without spectators due to local measures taken against COVID-19.

Tisk tisk tisk st1ck. 

10 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I was wondering how the city of Las Vegas was going to deal with this outbreak. That entire city is reliant on crowds of people. 

Uh oh

1 min ago

UK postpones elections for a year over coronavirus

From CNN’s Niamh Kennedy

The United Kingdom is delaying local and mayoral elections for a year, the UK Cabinet Office told CNN Friday, as part of an escalated response to delay the spread of coronavirus in the country.

The spokesperson said that the Cabinet will bring forward legislation to facilitate the postponement, adding that it will “work with the devolved administrations to ensure that they have the necessary powers to do the same.”

The delay also affects police and crime commissioner elections. 

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Uh oh

1 min ago

UK postpones elections for a year over coronavirus

From CNN’s Niamh Kennedy

The United Kingdom is delaying local and mayoral elections for a year, the UK Cabinet Office told CNN Friday, as part of an escalated response to delay the spread of coronavirus in the country.

The spokesperson said that the Cabinet will bring forward legislation to facilitate the postponement, adding that it will “work with the devolved administrations to ensure that they have the necessary powers to do the same.”

The delay also affects police and crime commissioner elections. 

kind of what i was warning our cancel culture in here about. we have to be cautious but government never misses a chance to grab freedoms from those willing to hand them over. we need a more balanced reaction and understand we are establishing precedent. our reactions are being noted by our own big government and enemies developing biological weapons. 

27 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

kind of what i was warning our cancel culture in here about. we have to be cautious but government never misses a chance to grab freedoms from those willing to hand them over. we need a more balanced reaction and understand we are establishing precedent. our reactions are being noted by our own big government and enemies developing biological weapons. 

Jesus Christ you are dumb. “Cancel Culture”?  When you came up with that little diddy did you struggle to find someone man enough to high five you?

2 min ago

These California theme parks will temporarily close due to the coronavirus outbreak

From CNN's Stella Chan

The coronavirus pandemic has continued to impact local attractions and recreation in Southern California.

The latest theme parks in California to announce closures are Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park and Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia.

The theme parks will temporarily close tomorrow through the end of March. 

“As of today, many states have declared a state of emergency and are recommending that all non-essential gatherings of large groups be postponed or canceled,” Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom said in a statement.

Elsewhere, “Hamilton” and “The Spongebob Musical” ticketholders will be refunded for canceled performances at Hollywood’s Pantages Theater.

46 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Jesus Christ you are dumb. “Cancel Culture”?  When you came up with that little diddy did you struggle to find someone man enough to high five you?

Cancel culture is actually a thing. Millennials and whatever the next generation is say it all the time. 

Not sports related but all of the Adventist churches in So Cal are closed for at least the next two weeks. This will unfortunately include our soup kitchen on Monday nights. Sorry, st1ck.

our school administration has canceled all school trips for now. Our 8th grade class trip to Disneyland for their youth education program is on hold for now. Hoping we’ll be able to reschedule before school ends.

I wonder how long  Till malls start closing.

I wonder how many kids will be born nine months from now.

17 minutes ago, Tank said:

I wonder how long  Till malls start closing

Very good thought. This is what I was trying to convey to the sheep. We can warn and protect the old with shutting down life. Right now its games being cancelled but store closings and local travel restrictions  could be next. 

Hey guys, keep the thread on track and keep your bullshit to the minimum. 

Meanwhile, I may not be working this summer. Warner pulls the plug on all production. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=gunsmith+near+me&oq=gunsmit&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l3.5462j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

The Bachelorette postpones production due to coronavirus

Warner Bros., which produces ABC's The Bachelor and its spinoffs, announced Friday that it is postponing production on season 16 of The Bachelorette due to coronavirus.

In a statement, a spokesperson for Warner Bros. Television group said, "With the rapidly changing events related to COVID-19, and out of an abundance of caution, Warner Bros. Television Group is halting production on some of our 70+ series and pilots currently filming or about to begin.  There have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 on any of our productions, but the health and safety of our employees, casts and crews remains our top priority.

2 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

2 min ago

These California theme parks will temporarily close due to the coronavirus outbreak

From CNN's Stella Chan

The coronavirus pandemic has continued to impact local attractions and recreation in Southern California.

The latest theme parks in California to announce closures are Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park and Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia.

The theme parks will temporarily close tomorrow through the end of March. 

“As of today, many states have declared a state of emergency and are recommending that all non-essential gatherings of large groups be postponed or canceled,” Six Flags Magic Mountain and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom said in a statement.

Elsewhere, “Hamilton” and “The Spongebob Musical” ticketholders will be refunded for canceled performances at Hollywood’s Pantages Theater.

Not The Spongebob Musical!