• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

COVID-19 Cancellations

3 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Hey, at least I capitalized names, and used a comma, teach. 

as I explained many years ago, I'm lazy and I've grown tired of making the extra reach with my fingers to capitalize letters here.

commas are often negligible.

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

former televangelist jim Bakker is selling something called the sliver solution, which he claims will cure/heal the coronavirus.

this con man is being sued by the state of Missouri for fraud.

Alex Jones promotes toothpaste he claims 'kills' coronavirus; FDA warns it's fraudulent | TheHill
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/487149-alex-jones-promotes-toothpaste-he-claims-kills-coronavirus-as

23 minutes ago, Tank said:

former televangelist jim Bakker is selling something called the sliver solution, which he claims will cure/heal the coronavirus.

this con man is being sued by the state of Missouri for fraud.

He needs to be put away on a deserted island.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I have a trip to Hawaii in two weeks for my brothers wedding. The Brides' family is all from Australia. I'll be shocked if this goes off. The wife and I are following and assessing the situation due to having a 13 month old. I know that they really aren't the age range that are dying from this virus; we just aren't sure if its smart to travel right now. My cousin and I got back from Austin two weeks ago for the bachelor party and he was sick as a dog the day after traveling...went to get tested; had the flu..so yeah; not really sure what to expect. 

8 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I have a trip to Hawaii in two weeks for my brothers wedding. The Brides' family is all from Australia. I'll be shocked if this goes off. The wife and I are following and assessing the situation due to having a 13 month old. I know that they really aren't the age range that are dying from this virus; we just aren't sure if its smart to travel right now. My cousin and I got back from Austin two weeks ago for the bachelor party and he was sick as a dog the day after traveling...went to get tested; had the flu..so yeah; not really sure what to expect. 

This is what is so weird about the virus.

Children don’t seem to be affected by it.   Great news from that standpoint, but it’s odd as well because they have been affected by many other types of viruses.

12 hours ago, Tank said:

some 200 colleges & universities have canceled in person classes, going online only for the time being.

I wonder how soon flights are going to start being canceled.

So am I since I'm booked to leave on Sunday. 

18 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

This is what is so weird about the virus.

Children don’t seem to be affected by it.   Great news from that standpoint, but it’s odd as well because they have been affected by many other types of viruses.

https://health.usnews.com/conditions/articles/how-does-the-coronavirus-affect-children-and-infants

Why Are Kids at Lower Risk?

Dr. John Swartzberg, clinical professor emeritus of infectious diseases and vaccinology at the University of California—Berkeley School of Public Health, adds a note of caution. Yes, he says, “the preliminary epidemiological data suggest that children don’t seem to get as sick as adults, but I want to emphasize that this is very preliminary data out of China.”

However, the CDC reports that this is consistent with data from past coronavirus outbreaks, such as severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus, or SARS-CoV, and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus, or MERS-CoV, where infection among children was “relatively uncommon” in those outbreaks.

The reasons for this remain a mystery. “Nobody understands why,” Murphy says. “It just appears not to be impacting them to any significant degree compared to teens and adults.” Swartzberg is willing to speculate, though he says, “these are only guesses. There is no science to support it.” One guess is that the virus first entered adults and has mostly spread from adult to adult, so it may be genetically predisposed somehow to affect older people. Another guess is based on the fact that other forms of the coronavirus are very common in children. “About one-third of all coronavirus infections are in children, so the idea is that maybe children are getting these other coronaviruses and that may be some protection. But again, this is all conjecture.”

Swartzberg also stresses: “We don’t even know for certain that (children) are getting less disease. There are less than two months of data. We don’t know, in children and adults, how many are infected and don’t even have any symptoms. There could be a lot of us walking around with (what seems like) colds who have this, or they may be asymptomatic.” That, of course, would make the disease and death rates even lower than already thought.