• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

My buddy caught Covid two weeks ago and it floored him for 5 days with body aches, fevers, headaches. I reminded him about how I urged him to get vaccinated, hounded him until he did and now he is thankful I didn't back off his case. 

He took his cousin into emergency today. The guy is 33 and could hardly walk from his house to the sidewalk he was gasping for air. His cousin had refused to get vaccinated because he too young to have Covid ruin his life. He hasn't been intubated yet so he might survive. 

This has been the last 3 weeks non-stop. People who say to the nurses "I didn't know how bad it might be." Until you see somebody fighting to breathe, straight up freaking out because they aren't able to oxygenate, you don't know how terrifying this disease is. If you don't get these people a shit ton of oxygen, they die. It's that simple. One COVID patient uses more oxygen then the entirety of our floor of 32 beds is typically used to seeing. Multiply that times half the hospital and it becomes completely believable that people in India were dying simply because they didn't have enough O2. It becomes completely believable that the city of Orlando is asking people to conserve water so that O2 can be diverted to hospitals.

It's generally very predictable how a patient will progress once they start to decline. Every day, we have to triage our patients to determine who is going to go to the next available ICU bed (we have none until a patient downgrades or dies) and in what order we're sending them to ICU. Until then, we have patients that require ICU level care/attention that aren't getting it. This is happening in many places and it sucks.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

6 minutes ago, cals said:

I doubt your IPA forum, facial hair forum or little person forums are much different.  Fat guys just love talking to other fat guys on the internet.  It’s cool!

Imagine a world where a man physically exercises to compensate for his love of alcohol and lives a fantastic life. It’s a world where a man who happens to be 6’3” or maybe even 6’4” claims that his political opponent who stands at 6’0” is a “little person” in a forum full of fat midgets. One can only laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. 

BTW I truly enjoy our online banter. 

/British voice

Dude I’m glad you reminded me about those masks in the trunk of my old car. I need to grab those for my flight tomorrow. They’re in a Ralph’s bag somewhere in the garage. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, RallyMo said:

This has been the last 3 weeks non-stop. People who say to the nurses "I didn't know how bad it might be." Until you see somebody fighting to breathe, straight up freaking out because they aren't able to oxygenate, you don't know how terrifying this disease is. If you don't get these people a shit ton of oxygen, they die. It's that simple. One COVID patient uses more oxygen then the entirety of our floor of 32 beds is typically used to seeing. Multiply that times half the hospital and it becomes completely believable that people in India were dying simply because they didn't have enough O2. It becomes completely believable that the city of Orlando is asking people to conserve water so that O2 can be diverted to hospitals.

It's generally very predictable how a patient will progress once they start to decline. Every day, we have to triage our patients to determine who is going to go to the next available ICU bed (we have none until a patient downgrades or dies) and in what order we're sending them to ICU. Until then, we have patients that require ICU level care/attention that aren't getting it. This is happening in many places and it sucks.

Your first criteria for determining which patient should go to the next available ICU bed is vaccinated/not vaccinated.

8 hours ago, cals said:

I doubt your IPA forum, facial hair forum or little person forums are much different.  Fat guys just love talking to other fat guys on the internet.  It’s cool!

Don't forget the people with little hands forum.  That is where Larry found out you don't have to tilt the Pringles can but you can actually reach down to the bottom. 

22 minutes ago, cals said:

Ok let’s just try to take this step by step.  You guys bitch about cloth masks? Yes.  You complain that cloth masks don’t work? Yes.  European airlines seem to agree? Yes.  European airlines say no cloth masks? Yes.  You are calling the European airlines, which agree with you stupid? Yes.  Therefore, you must be stupid? Yes.

Man, Covid has made you stupid.  

My wife went to the Alps and she could not fly out of here with a cloth mask, especially homemade, and I don't think even the surgical ones like they hand out at stores would do.  Before Covid an auto paint jobber was going out of business and I bought all kinds of body shop stuff and they had n95's, 10 pack for $5.  Did not know I was sitting on a gold mine because I bought $50 worth.  

11 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Dang.  Looks like you guys are really thinking about it.

1 minute ago, cals said:

Apparently it has made you stupid.  You didn't read my A+B+C+D = Stupid?

It only proved that you are stupid.  You should go back and actually read some articles I've posted.  Especially the one's on the efficacy of multi layer cloth masks.

20 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Dang.  Looks like you guys are really thinking about it.

Good article.  Doubt it will happen where you get wheeled out in the parking lot without a vax card and they will care for you but insurance companies will likely focus on that from here on out.  Rally would know the best.