• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

49 minutes ago, Jason said:

Every single black person I know has one. I'll trust my first hand knowledge 

Same. But in my conversations with Black people, they've affirmed the sentiment that laws that make it more difficult to vote almost always affect poor Black people disproportionately from the rest of the population.

Why are Republicans so adamant about "voter integrity" after Georgia flipped blue and Texas inched a little closer to blue?

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

22 minutes ago, failos said:

No, this isn’t about a driver’s license—it’s about a basic state issued ID card.

How can someone function in society without an ID card? I find it difficult to believe that a citizen either lacks an ID card or would have a hard time obtaining one.

This argument never made sense to me. I need an ID to enter a club/bar or pickup an item from Best Buy but not to vote? If you don’t have an ID then you can’t effectively function in society.

How often do you have to show your ID on a daily basis? Travelling on an airplane, buying booze, checking into a hotel, if you get pulled over. People who don't drive or travel or drink (or drink alcohol that someone else has bought, or are obviously old enough to buy boozs) can easily function without a photo ID.

Those of us in the suburbs find it difficult to imagine, especially if we grew up with parents who pushed us to get driver's licenses when we were 16. 

My wife returned to teaching in class two weeks ago with mask and social distancing protocols. Parents send their children to school with water bottles because all of the drinking fountains are shut off. Only one child is allowed in the bathrooms at a time. So far no problems. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

How often do you have to show your ID on a daily basis? Travelling on an airplane, buying booze, checking into a hotel, if you get pulled over. People who don't drive or travel or drink (or drink alcohol that someone else has bought, or are obviously old enough to buy boozs) can easily function without a photo ID.

Those of us in the suburbs find it difficult to imagine, especially if we grew up with parents who pushed us to get driver's licenses when we were 16. 

That’s my point: if you don’t have an ID then you aren’t part of a functioning society. Having one is essential, regardless of locale.

It’s time for those people to get with the times and get an ID. There’s plenty of opportunities to get one before the next election.

Instead of finding ways to accommodate people without an ID, liberals should push for people to actually get one if it’s really so difficult (I don’t think it is).

2 hours ago, failos said:

That’s my point: if you don’t have an ID then you aren’t part of a functioning society. Having one is essential, regardless of locale.

It’s time for those people to get with the times and get an ID. There’s plenty of opportunities to get one before the next election.

Instead of finding ways to accommodate people without an ID, liberals should push for people to actually get one if it’s really so difficult (I don’t think it is).

It's pretty easy to get an ID in Orange County. It's still a pain in the ass, though. The DMV never has any appointments available and it often ends up being a half day adventure.

Did you know that every state (and certain counties) issues IDs differently? The process is relatively simple for us white collar folks in the suburbs, but imagine having an hourly job where you can't get time off to visit the government office during the week, and the office is closed on weekends.

If an ID is required for one of our most fundamental rights, voting, then adequate IDs should be provided for free and without hoops to go through. Imagine needing an ID to exercise your freedom of speech.

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It's pretty easy to get an ID in Orange County. It's still a pain in the ass, though. The DMV never has any appointments available and it often ends up being a half day adventure.

Did you know that every state (and certain counties) issues IDs differently? The process is relatively simple for us white collar folks in the suburbs, but imagine having an hourly job where you can't get time off to visit the government office during the week, and the office is closed on weekends.

If an ID is required for one of our most fundamental rights, voting, then adequate IDs should be provided for free and without hoops to go through. Imagine needing an ID to exercise your freedom of speech.

There’s a thing called sick days. Take one and go get your fucking ID. Also you can get one in less then an hour in OC if you go here. 

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/field-office/anaheim-driver-license-processing-center-dl-only/

16 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If you aren’t smart enough to get an ID card , you shouldn’t be involved in the election process. 

15 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

There’s a thing called sick days. Take one and go get your fucking ID. Also you can get one in less then an hour in OC if you go here. 

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/field-office/anaheim-driver-license-processing-center-dl-only/

Not everyone lives in California. Not everyone can afford to take an f'ing sick day, nor should they have to in order to exercise their right to vote.

Libs don’t give a rats ass about poor black people. Taylor isn’t moving to the black hood anytime soon. Instead he pays himself on the ass for having a conversation with a black man once a week. As if he has saved humanity. Taylor isn’t stopping to help a black man broke down on the side of the road. Stop the no virtue signaling. Entitlements are nothing more than a bread crumb to keep blacks in poverty and voting for the dems.