• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

14 hours ago, Kotchman said:

So a vaccine won’t stop the spread but covering your face with underwear is effective 

This is a good point. So much is made of mask-wearing but most of the masks are made of random cloth or other materials that are not effective in filtering out the virus.

10 minutes ago, cals said:

Hatch chiles are a huge part of the NM economy and if they’ve got peppers rotting on the plants because they don’t have enough people to pick them then they’ve got problems.

Yeah and it's 40k a year. Hardly some alarming number. 

1 hour ago, cals said:

Hatch chiles are a huge part of the NM economy and if they’ve got peppers rotting on the plants because they don’t have enough people to pick them then they’ve got problems.

Think they only harvest them a month or two in the year and then ship them out all over.  Think the hatch festival is here tomorrow. You can barbecue them, boil them, broil them, bake them, saute them. Dey's uh chili-kabobs, chili creole, chili gumbo.  Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried.....

1 hour ago, cals said:

One chile farmer, Joe Paul Lack, told the newspaper he feared a diminished harvest of his chiles, onions and pecans this year because he can’t find enough workers, the New Mexican reported.

He claimed some of his past employees have told him they’re satisfied with the extra $300 per week they’ve been receiving in unemployment benefits – though the extra money is supposed to end in September.

"I don’t think they have an incentive to work," Lack told the newspaper. "They’re doing fine sitting at home and not having to work."

So the government helped to create the situation

17 hours ago, Lhalo said:

I think we’re still FB friends from back in the day. I don’t know because I haven’t checked my shit in forever except to look up ex-girlfriends to make sure they’re still hot. 

i'm pretty sure this makes you exceptionally altruistic.

14 hours ago, Rico said:

i have a feeling this will happen several times this school year. parents just don't want to keep their kids home for any reason, so they send them to school with raging sore throats, headaches, fevers, and coughs, not worried about whom or how many it might affect.

one of the really nice things about being at home the last 18 months is that i haven't gotten sick from kids in class that won't stay home. 

sadly, our administration has stopped doing temperature checks and a simple health form before anyone comes on to our campus. i'm pretty sure we'll have sick kids on campus before too long, and i'm guessing there'll be a few isolations in our future.