• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

31 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Yes.  It’s better for billionaire fuck heads who inherited emerald mines when their workers have less protections from abuse.  Congrats on the discovery Jason. 

It will be cheaper cost of living for his workers.

The argument against shutting down the wet markets is that the health issue relates to the sale of wild animals.  The bats and pangolins and such.  That stuff should be restricted but otherwise they’re basically farmers markets like any other around the world.  Not all wet markets sell the wild animals.  They’re calling for more regulation not a blanket ban.  To me, that makes sense.  I’ve read that several provinces in China have already banned the sale of wild animals and that it’ll probably end up being a national order from the central party.  At that point it’s an issue of enforcement. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Face?

Not face.  Musk is a piece of shit.  The other day he wiped out his own stock via tweet.  Pretty obvious what was going on there.  He should have the FTC up his ass.  They’re very close to getting authorization from the county to reopen the Alameda plant.  They’ve already got the green light from the state.  Musk has been a fucking lunatic through all of this. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

32 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The argument against shutting down the wet markets is that the health issue relates to the sale of wild animals.  The bats and pangolins and such.  That stuff should be restricted but otherwise they’re basically farmers markets like any other around the world.  Not all wet markets sell the wild animals.  They’re calling for more regulation not a blanket ban.  To me, that makes sense.  I’ve read that several provinces in China have already banned the sale of wild animals and that it’ll probably end up being a national order from the central party.  At that point it’s an issue of enforcement. 

jack off please GIF

4 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

British writer Nate White with perhaps the best description of Trump that I have ever read.

“Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” 

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead. There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum. God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?' If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.

In other words, an older and fatter version of this chap, without the physical violence.

shutterstock_5885876an.jpg?resize=800,54

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

But why lol ? I’m not saying it not a problem.  It for sure is.  Do they all need to be completely shut down ? I don’t know.  If they aren’t selling wild animals it seems fine to me.  Could be wrong. 

It's a good gif... 

Im reading a little into your post admittedly. Trump's blame deflection toward the WHO has turned the left into defenders of them. Anything to defend the narrative that this is all Trumps fault and that he's a big moron. It's intellectual gluttony, the dude is a major league fuck up and and a grade A moron, he doesn't need to be skewered on everything. The WHO is in bed with the Chinese, that's all there is to this. They want the wet markets open because it keeps the rich people happy. 

This is the second major disease to come out of the wet markets in China because they are inherently dangerous. 'Regulating' them to the extent required would no longer make them wet markets... it's the live and exotic animals that make them wet markets in the first place. 

The only reasonable argument in favor of keeping them open would be if the virus didn't come from there.

26 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's a good gif... 

Im reading a little into your post admittedly. Trump's blame deflection toward the WHO has turned the left into defenders of them. Anything to defend the narrative that this is all Trumps fault and that he's a big moron. It's intellectual gluttony, the dude is a major league fuck up and and a grade A moron, he doesn't need to be skewered on everything. The WHO is in bed with the Chinese, that's all there is to this. They want the wet markets open because it keeps the rich people happy. 

This is the second major disease to come out of the wet markets in China because they are inherently dangerous. 'Regulating' them to the extent required would no longer make them wet markets... it's the live and exotic animals that make them wet markets in the first place. 

The only reasonable argument in favor of keeping them open would be if the virus didn't come from there.

See, I’ve read differently on this.  My understanding is that they’re essentially farmers markets.  Some of them have vendors that sell the wild animals and some of them do not.  Obviously a farmer selling his/her fruits and veggies isn’t a problem.  If a butcher is selling meat that’s safe, that should be fine.  Slaughtering the animal right there is probably not great.  Don’t misunderstand me.  I’m not trying to just be contrary to Trump.   I think that the consumption of exotic animals or wild animals.  However you want to characterize it.  It’s very clearly a serious problem that China needs to crack down on.  Not only with laws on the books but in actual enforcement.  Its a pretty huge challenge.  China has this significant market for weird medicinal remedies that is tied to this.  Anyway, if wet markets can’t exist without the weird shit you’ve described then ya they need to go.  But if they can operate without that stuff then seemingly they’re fine. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

See, I’ve read differently on this.  My understanding is that they’re essentially farmers markets.  Some of them have vendors that sell the wild animals and some of them do not.  Obviously a farmer selling his/her fruits and veggies isn’t a problem.  If a butcher is selling meat that’s safe, that should be fine.  Obviously slaughtering the animal right there is probably not great.  Don’t misunderstand me.  I’m not trying to just be contrary to Trump.   I think that the consumption of exotic animals or wild animals.  However you want to characterize it.  It’s very clearly a serious problem that China needs to crack down on.  Not only with laws on the books but in actual enforcement.  Its a pretty huge challenge.  China has this significant market for weird medicinal remedies that is tied to this.  Anyway, if wet markets can’t exist without the weird shit you’ve described then ya they need to go.  But if they can operate without that stuff then seemingly they’re fine. 

I mean, if they drop the exotic animals, and the killing of animals to order then it's probably fine, but at that point I don't think you can call it a wet market... it really isn't different than a farmers market. By saying that 'wet markets' should remain open I take them as they are, generally. When I read them saying 'regulation' I read 'ok, stop selling the bats.' And do you really trust the Chinese when it comes to ANY sort of regulation?

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I mean, if they drop the exotic animals, and the killing of animals to order then it's probably fine, but at that point I don't think you can call it a wet market... it really isn't different than a farmers market. By saying that 'wet markets' should remain open I take them as they are, generally. When I read them saying 'regulation' I read 'ok, stop selling the bats.' And do you really trust the Chinese when it comes to ANY sort of regulation?

Do I trust the Chinese at regulation ? If the Chinese state decides that they want something to stop I think that they have demonstrated an ability to be pretty brutally efficient.  Questioning how serious they are about this specific issue is fair.  They need to take it seriously.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

42 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s kind of funny reading that being a bully is “unforgivable” to a British person.  Uhh, maybe to one completely oblivious to their long and distinguished global history of bullying. 

Good point. The nfl players would piss me off sitting for the anthem and standing for God save the queen. Whi the hell taught their history class