• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Saw that this morning.  I never really got the appeal but I know families with kids and many women seem to be big fans.  Buffets in general are going to get hammered by this and even many regular sit in restaurants will because if they can't open at full capacity many of them aren't going to be able to turn a profit.  They can cut workforce or hours and save some money but there's no getting around paying for wasted space that they can't seat customers in. 

11 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Saw that this morning.  I never really got the appeal but I know families with kids and many women seem to be big fans.  Buffets in general are going to get hammered by this and even many regular sit in restaurants will because if they can't open at full capacity many of them aren't going to be able to turn a profit.  They can cut workforce or hours and save some money but there's no getting around paying for wasted space that they can't seat customers in. 

Unless the health department or fire Marshall changes the capacity, keep your business going as usual. We can't function like this 

I heard something second hand that I mentioned in the jobs thread about how this will impact my return to an office.  I know there's a lot of moving parts and perhaps what I heard is wrong but by the sounds of what's being discussed by OSHA and the state for a regular office space I can't imagine a scenario where many restaurants and even some retail businesses will be staying open.  There's always to go orders and online shopping but that's going to lead to a lot of customer facing jobs being lost until things completely open up. 

15 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I heard something second hand that I mentioned in the jobs thread about how this will impact my return to an office.  I know there's a lot of moving parts and perhaps what I heard is wrong but by the sounds of what's being discussed by OSHA and the state for a regular office space I can't imagine a scenario where many restaurants and even some retail businesses will be staying open.  There's always to go orders and online shopping but that's going to lead to a lot of customer facing jobs being lost until things completely open up. 

This entire situation is just awful. I get that we need to be better prepared for outbreaks like this in the future and I think we will be but some of this sounds like knee jerk reactions. There is a point where we are going to far. I'm not sure what that is though. 

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

Unless the health department or fire Marshall changes the capacity, keep your business going as usual. We can't function like this 

because people are going to flock to a crowded restaurant where you are sitting ass to elbows to the table next to you? And if the person next to you sneezes or coughs..what then?

It's not just government saying go ahead and open back up, how restaurants operate are going to have to change for them to survive.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

This entire situation is just awful. I get that we need to be better prepared for outbreaks like this in the future and I think we will be but some of this sounds like knee jerk reactions. There is a point where we are going to far. I'm not sure what that is though. 

I agree...we should have had a group dedicated to pandemics, and run simulations and shit...if only....

No matter what we've done or how we handle things from here on out there's always going to be people saying we didn't do enough and others saying we did too much.  Personally I think both have a point when it comes to how parts of this have been handled and there's no easy answer when lives are lost, the economy is hamstrung and trillions of dollars will have been printed and spent.  I'm still just scratching my head as to how we don't have widespread antibody testing yet or have gotten to where some areas can open up more and do contact tracing when needed.  Blame absolutely starts at the top and while I know things don't happen overnight and some of the antibody tests are pretty much worthless I was hoping that at a state or even county level 8 weeks in things felt like we were more prepared to move forward.       

So there's a middle ground that I'll be happy to reach with righties on this issue: We need to start opening everything back up. We can't keep extending the stay at home orders all year. However, I will say it can't just be a "rip the band-aid off" situation. It needs to be done with intelligence and calculation. Opening everything up at once is not going to immediately solve the economic issues nor the unemployment issues. People are getting paid $600 a week to be unemployed. Where's the motivation to go back to work if you make less than that?

The government needs to figure out a way to get these people back to work; incentives, better pay, whatever. It's not going to be easy. The world as we know it has changed significantly and getting it back to "normal" could take years, if ever.

So open things back up. Start slowly, and build it up over the summer. Keep mandating masks and social distancing. As much as people on the right hate this, it's something that should be enforced. Go where you want to go, but take the necessary steps that have PROVEN to be effective. If not, get penalized.

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

So there's a middle ground that I'll be happy to reach with righties on this issue: We need to start opening everything back up. We can't keep extending the stay at home orders all year. However, I will say it can't just be a "rip the band-aid off" situation. It needs to be done with intelligence and calculation. Opening everything up at once is not going to immediately solve the economic issues nor the unemployment issues. People are getting paid $600 a week to be unemployed. Where's the motivation to go back to work if you make less than that?

The government needs to figure out a way to get these people back to work; incentives, better pay, whatever. It's not going to be easy. The world as we know it has changed significantly and getting it back to "normal" could take years, if ever.

So open things back up. Start slowly, and build it up over the summer. Keep mandating masks and social distancing. As much as people on the right hate this, it's something that should be enforced. Go where you want to go, but take the necessary steps that have PROVEN to be effective. If not, get penalized.

I can live with this 

55 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I never really got the appeal but I know families with kids and many women seem to be big fans. 

I'm guessing Redondo falls into the first category?

24 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Great place to eat. That sucks. 

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

agreed.

restaurants are going to have to refigure how they seat & serve, and we as customers are going to have to adapt just as much. same goes for sporting events and concerts, churches and malls.

i'm curious to see how disneyland and the other parks make adjustments. that's going to be a big deal.