• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

What is? Running them 24/7?

If they can’t figure out how to clean them then yes.  It’s a ridiculous hazard.  I suspect people getting sick on the subway that never sanitizes itself isn’t something new.  

and btw, the wars to better fund NY’s transit systems aren’t new.  This has been huge issue of contention there for years.  But again.  I didn’t realize they didn’t even clean the fucking trains. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m just saying.  This is the next thing.  And lots of people are going to buy in.  

the masks do suck.  By the end of the day of wearing one I’m half convinced I’m getting sick. Within 15 mins of taking it off I feel fine again.  Anyway, it’s something I’m ok with doing. 

I think wearing them now during flu season is not a terrible idea. I always wondered why I saw Asians wearing them but now I know 

20 hours ago, Adam said:

It’s going to get worse. The passionate left hates the passionate right and vice versa. It’s retarded

This is most annoying thing about politics and why it's a fucking crock. These politicians and those who are disturbingly involved in politics are just fighting to screw each other over as opposed to doing what's best for the country. It's probably always been like this, I don't know, since I mostly never paid attention to any of it until the past few years. But as you get older it just kind of comes into your life and it's pretty fucking stupid. The government will continue to bicker with each other and try to screw each other over while they play with the money that the tax payers give them. And then they'll screw us over with their dumb ass decisions as well. The left can suck a fatty and so can the right. Divisive mentality bull shit.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think wearing them now during flu season is not a terrible idea. I always wondered why I saw Asians wearing them but now I know 

Yep I was just talking to a co worked about this. I always thought it was funny seeing the Asian ladies at Disneyland or out taking a walk wearing them.  They dealt with SARS tho, so the dots are connecting. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

This is most annoying thing about politics and why it's a fucking crock. These politicians and those who are disturbingly involved in politics are just fighting to screw each other over as opposed to doing what's best for the country. It's probably always been like this, I don't know, since I mostly never paid attention to any of it until the past few years. But as you get older it just kind of comes into your life and it's pretty fucking stupid. The government will continue to bicker with each other and try to screw each other over while they play with the money that the tax payers give them. And then they'll screw us over with their dumb ass decisions as well. The left can suck a fatty and so can the right. Divisive mentality bull shit.

My Mom yesterday. "Son, I'm never voting again." I'm so proud of her.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Doing it daily still won't be enough, especially after thousands of people get off an on that thing 

I was going to offer you help earlier just in case it came up, but it looks like you were strong enough to move the goalposts all on your own. Just so you know, in the future I'm willing to help lift for pizza and beer.

17 minutes ago, Adam said:

I tolerate the masks but only wear them for fear of being ostracized. 

Pretty much this.  It seems like every store I go into has a sign that says masks are required but there's always a few people not wearing them.  Honestly doesn't bother me I just don't want to deal with someone who feels strong about wearing them.  Considering how many people seem to think we shouldn't be opening up even though many couldn't tell you under what situation we should the issue of wearing a mask isn't one I want to make into a bigger deal than it needs to be.  If our new normal is requiring masks when entering a store/retailer/whatever then that's the least of our issues going forward.

34 minutes ago, Adam said:

17 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Pretty much this.  It seems like every store I go into has a sign that says masks are required but there's always a few people not wearing them.  Honestly doesn't bother me I just don't want to deal with someone who feels strong about wearing them.  Considering how many people seem to think we shouldn't be opening up even though many couldn't tell you under what situation we should the issue of wearing a mask isn't one I want to make into a bigger deal than it needs to be.  If our new normal is requiring masks when entering a store/retailer/whatever then that's the least of our issues going forward.

Agree with this. I do have to laugh at the logic of those I see wearing their mask in their own cars with their windows down. That is just sad, honestly.

42 minutes ago, Adam said:

I stopped wearing the N95 masks because I simply can't breathe in them.  Now I just have a head gaiter on.  Which probably doesn't do shit, but hey it's a mask, and at least I won't pass out while shopping.

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I stopped wearing the N95 masks because I simply can't breathe in them.  Now I just have a head gaiter on.  Which probably doesn't do shit, but hey it's a mask, and at least I won't pass out while shopping.

You probably didn't need N95 to begin with. I think you're fine.

Interesting theory.  Not sure how credible or not it is.  It's on Marketwatch, where I would think it should be from some medical journal.  But also discounting them completely seems like putting blinders on.  And if it's true, ha.  Me and @m0nkey will be the last one's standing.  

Your genes could determine whether coronavirus puts you in the hospital — and we’re starting to unravel which ones matter

32 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Interesting theory.  Not sure how credible or not it is.  It's on Marketwatch, where I would think it should be from some medical journal.  But also discounting them completely seems like putting blinders on.  And if it's true, ha.  Me and @m0nkey will be the last one's standing.  

Your genes could determine whether coronavirus puts you in the hospital — and we’re starting to unravel which ones matter

20 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The above article could make this article make sense.

THE COLOR OF CORONAVIRUS:COVID-19 DEATHS BY RACE AND ETHNICITY IN THE U.S.

Yep yep.

Knowledge is power for us when it comes to this stuff.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya it’s not surprising.  But honestly, I didn’t realize that they didn’t regularly clean the trains. Fucking wild.  I’ll go out on a limb and presume that the other parts of public transit aren’t cleaned often either.  Disgusting. 

i guarantee that the Japanese clean their bullet trains. 

They clean their trains regularly. What they do is take a train out of service and replace it with another train while it’s being cleaned. Not every train on a daily basis though.