• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

Other states are starting to get antsy about fleeing New Yorkers. 

The governor said she plans to station members of the National Guard at bus terminals and train stations and will require anyone arriving from New York to check in and give the guardsmen and women their contact information. State police have been instructed to flag down cars with New York state license plates as they come into Rhode Island.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/politics/coronavirus-rhode-island-governor-new-york/index.html

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

16 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Other states are starting to get antsy about fleeing New Yorkers. 

The governor said she plans to station members of the National Guard at bus terminals and train stations and will require anyone arriving from New York to check in and give the guardsmen and women their contact information. State police have been instructed to flag down cars with New York state license plates as they come into Rhode Island.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/politics/coronavirus-rhode-island-governor-new-york/index.html

It's like how Texans feel about liberals fleeing California to Texas to get away from the oppressive taxes.

13 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

pretty sure he won't be the only one

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/louisiana-pastor-defies-coronavirus-order-draws-over-1-000-people-n1168501

A Louisiana pastor is apparently defying the governor's order against gatherings of more than 50 people by hosting over 1,000 churchgoers at a service Sunday and bringing together hundreds at another service Tuesday, according to the pastor and local media.

The pastor, Tony Spell of Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge, said he does not believe his congregation is at risk of getting COVID-19, the disease associated with the coronavirus, according to CBS affiliate WAFB.

"It’s not a concern," Spell told the outlet. "The virus, we believe, is politically motivated. We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

6 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

When people who may have a contagious virus are going around and intentionally doing things that could make others sick that should be treated as an act of terrorism.  Drop the hammer on a few of these idiots and the rest will hopefully think twice. 

remember, this is an era where people challenge others to eat tide pods, handfuls of cinnamon, and go around licking ice cream in grocery stores and public toilets, so wisdom is not a common asset for many.

anyone caught doing stuff that endangers others ought to be locked up, especially things that involve the food supply.

or if they're wearing red sox gear.

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

So now you've switched to the, let's take this serious, side? 

No I’m saying millions of deaths should have never been mentioned in America. If you look at last 4 years of Italian flew deaths it doesn’t differ much from corona. Their flu deaths were way higher then ours already. We may very well stay under 10k with corona while out flew has killed 16k in last two months without daily death counting 24/7

54 minutes ago, Jason said:

Good Lord New York!!

No Social distancing.  And they all get packed in germ filled subways that are still running.  Everywhere, the numbers will probably soon start to slow down.  But we'll need to build a wall around NY soon and make a movie with a catchy movie title to it like Escape from New York.

15 hours ago, angelinkc said:

found this study which kinds shows what is going on today in italy has been the norm for a few years. the regular flu has been much more deadly there for last few years. study pre dates coronamania. 

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(19)30328-5/

In recent years, Italy has been registering peaks in death rates, particularly among the elderly during the winter season. A mortality rate of 10.7 per 1,000 inhabitants was observed in the winter season 2014/2015 (more than 375,000 deaths in absolute terms), corresponding to an estimated 54,000 excess deaths 

I don't think that you know what the hell you're talking about, nor do I believe that you regularly frequent the sites of infectious disease journals on a regular basis.

I'll tell you one thing: you're not crunching the numbers you see in that article well at all.

Let me help you out: over that four-flu-season period covered, it showed that .3% of flu cases in Italy resulted in death.

I'll gove you a handicap, though: just for fun you can go ahead and cut the current percentage of COVID-19 cases that are fatal in Italy by 3/4 and compare it to influenza. 

It's still 8x more likely to kill an infected Italian in this outbreak.

Quit it with the bullshit. This is serious.

Anyone else feel like they might have corona and not get tested yet?

I feel like I might have the corona virus. For the past 10 days, I have had this horrible dizziness and fatigue, as well as a cough that seems to last all day one day then disappears the next. I wake up in the morning and get of bed, and almost fall down from my head spinning out of control. I eventually recover and seem fine enough to get through the day.

My symptoms are too mild to actually go to the doctor, but there is definitely something wrong with me.

3 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

I feel like I might have the corona virus. For the past 10 days, I have had this horrible dizziness and fatigue, as well as a cough that seems to last all day one day then disappears the next. I wake up in the morning and get of bed, and almost fall down from my head spinning out of control. I eventually recover and seem fine enough to get through the day.

My symptoms are too mild to actually go to the doctor, but there is definitely something wrong with me.

You should visit WebMD. That will help you figure it out. 

19 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Last week I felt like I had a very mild cold, eyes were burning a bit, slight sore throat, but what really stood out was for 3 or 4 days I often felt out of breath.  Normally I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it but who knows.

27 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Your dizziness or better discribed as vertigo, could be Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo also known as BPPV.

BPPV develops when small crystals of calcium carbonate that are normally in another area of the inner ear break free and enter the semicircular canals.

Try the Eply manuever at home if you think the symptoms are related. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/epley-maneuver

1 hour ago, red321 said:

pretty sure he won't be the only one

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/louisiana-pastor-defies-coronavirus-order-draws-over-1-000-people-n1168501

A Louisiana pastor is apparently defying the governor's order against gatherings of more than 50 people by hosting over 1,000 churchgoers at a service Sunday and bringing together hundreds at another service Tuesday, according to the pastor and local media.

The pastor, Tony Spell of Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge, said he does not believe his congregation is at risk of getting COVID-19, the disease associated with the coronavirus, according to CBS affiliate WAFB.

"It’s not a concern," Spell told the outlet. "The virus, we believe, is politically motivated. We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

We should do what the South Koreans did to their religious situation.  

1 hour ago, angelinkc said:

No I’m saying millions of deaths should have never been mentioned in America. If you look at last 4 years of Italian flew deaths it doesn’t differ much from corona. Their flu deaths were way higher then ours already. We may very well stay under 10k with corona while out flew has killed 16k in last two months without daily death counting 24/7

This post isn't going to age well. 

CC: @Lou for future "I agree"