• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Chuck

42 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Vera's name has been popping on the fringe of being a top 100 in multiple places.  

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Look I know you did my physical last week but this is really uncalled for.

@Dochalo is excited about Arol Vera and @tdawg87 is excited about Aloe Vera.

I could definitely see a number of guys jumping into the Top 100. Chris Rodriguez, Jose Soriano and Jack Kochanowicz on the mound. Jordyn Adams, Alex Ramirez and Arol Vera at the plate. 

I'm not as optimistic about Jeremiah Jackson though. Lots of swing and miss, and he's a power hitter leaving a hitter friendly environment into a pitching friendly one.

22 hours ago, Second Base said:

I could definitely see a number of guys jumping into the Top 100. Chris Rodriguez, Jose Soriano and Jack Kochanowicz on the mound. Jordyn Adams, Alex Ramirez and Arol Vera at the plate. 

I'm not as optimistic about Jeremiah Jackson though. Lots of swing and miss, and he's a power hitter leaving a hitter friendly environment into a pitching friendly one.

I agree with you about Jackson.  I wasn't super impressed with his swing before last year as I think we discussed somewhere in the bowels of the previous minor league thread.  His 2019 made me a lot more bullish though but he does have a ton of swing and miss.  hopefully some better pitching will help him gain some experience with pitch recognition.  

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I agree with you about Jackson.  I wasn't super impressed with his swing before last year as I think we discussed somewhere in the bowels of the previous minor league thread.  His 2019 made me a lot more bullish though but he does have a ton of swing and miss.  hopefully some better pitching will help him gain some experience with pitch recognition.  

He's got insane bat speed, and his exit velocities are probably very high for a middle infielder. But the load.... Just because it works for Javy Baez and Bo Bichette doesn't mean it works for everyone. More often than not, that approach doesn't work. 

I have to admit, it worked in the Pioneer League, but with the exception of AAA to MLB, that jump from Rookie Ball to A Ball might be the most difficult to navigate.

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I'm don't really get swayed by counting stats so the HR totals didn't really impact my thinking much... But that bat speed is crazy and the amount of power her generates out of that frame is pretty remarkable.  He's not remotely close to being a good hitter yet but he's got some tools you can't really teach.   He has a long ways to go and the swing and miss is problematic but he's the type of toolsy player we can dream on.   From everything I've heard he's a really good kid too.

On 1/22/2020 at 1:12 PM, Dochalo said:

Vera's name has been popping on the fringe of being a top 100 in multiple places.  

The truth be told our system is flooded with high ceiling guys.  There are three guys alone I can picture being potential top 100 players by mid-year if their season goes right (not including Adell and Marsh).  If Rodriguez has a strong start and is moved to AA by the all-star break (which BA projects to happen), then he could sneak into the top 100.  His tools are off the charts.  If Adams starts off strong, he'll jump in also.  I also believe Soriano could break into the upper-half of the top 100 with a strong start as well.   Nevertheless I expect at least two of the three to have the type of year, because there are a lot of positives signs with each one.  

By the end of the year I can see us having another three to four guys climb up the rankings.  We could see Jackson, Vera, Kochanwicz, and maybe even Pyris, if he has a big year.  In addition, there are a handful of true wild card guys who the organization holds in high regard but are still very raw.  Guys like William Holmes, Knowles, Treveaux, Daniel, Bonilla, Pina, Placencia, and Steward Aquino.  BA just released a TOP 10 prospect chat for the Angels, and said very complementary things about Holmes, Pina, and Aquino.  

I believe if Eppler really uses this draft to pick high-up side pitchers in the top 4 rounds (obviously not round 2) we could have one of the better systems in baseball next year.  Granted, maybe I am looking a the state of our system very optimistically, because injuries could persist with a lot of these guys and some could just flame out.  But hell, even if half of them pan out then the Angels will have a steady supply of talent coming from their farm beginning with Adell this year.  

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Jordyn Adams makes Baseball America's Players We Believe Could Make The 2021 Top 100 list..

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/mlb-prospects-we-believe-could-make-the-2021-top-100/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 11.33.38 AM.png

It's probably unfair, but I expect Adams to make a big jump this year and will be a bit disappointed if he doesn't.  It's unfair because he was already in A+ before he turned 20 and with the way the Halos have been so aggressive with promotions he could be in AA by mid season