• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hyun-Jin Ryu Free Agency News Thread

rafibomb

57 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

LOL @ the Jays and Padres being on the list.

I can see Angels, Dodgers, Twins, or Phillies happening.

Maybe the Yankees are the mystery team?

the Jays have been trying to upgrade their rotation. they are reportedly even looking into Price.

There has been widespread interest in left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu, who has become even more of a prized commodity since he is now the only starting pitcher remaining within the top 38 players on MLBTR’s list of the offseason’s top 50 free agents.  The current field of suitors appears to consist of seven teams, as listed by MLB Network’s Jon Heyman (Twitter link), give or take one unconfirmed team and, of course, the ever-popular “mystery team.”

Heyman’s list includes several teams who have been already linked to Ryu at earlier points this winter — the Dodgers, Angels, Blue Jays, and Twins.  The “mystery team” could be the Braves (who are known to some level of interest in Ryu, though perhaps only peripherally), Heyman guessed, though he doesn’t mention the Cardinals, who were said to be considering Ryu two weeks ago.  Since that report, however, St. Louis added another pitcher in Korean southpaw Kwang-Hyun Kim, who came at a much lower price tag than Ryu (though, obviously, without the MLB track record).  With Kim in the fold, it could be that the Cards feel their rotation mix is set, and Ryu is no longer a target.

Ryu
10:00
Don't the Angels have to overpay for me now? They are desperate and have no pitcher as good as me. Do I get a 100 million dollar deal out of them? Beggers can't be choosers and I am the best FA pitcher available.

Mark P
10:01
There is no way the Angels or any other team gives Ryu $100MM, despite the interest in his services.  Like I wrote earlier, Anaheim has had enough issues with injury-prone starters that signing Ryu might be a particular concern for them