• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kluber and Others

Stradling

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Kluber and Keuchel would be great IMO. I think Keuchel would succeed here being that he's a GB pitcher. 

I'd offer him 2/30 with an option for a 3rd year.

Now you don’t think Kluber will cost both Adell and Marsh like you did a few days back?

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Kluber and Keuchel would be great IMO. I think Keuchel would succeed here being that he's a GB pitcher. 

I'd offer him 2/30 with an option for a 3rd year.

I bet Keuchel gets more than that in this market. I’m thinking he gets closer to 3/$54m than 2/$30m. 

The Gibson/Lynn deals of 3/$30m are probably the floor - I think he’ll get three years and an AAV no less than $15m.

I do think that might be the most realistic and effective duo to add. 

Edited by totdprods

For Kluber I think my limit would be Rengifo and Sandoval.

For Keuchel I'd probably go 3 year and $54 million.  

Price would be virtually a nothing to me and I would only want him if he came with less of a price tag than Keuchel, something liek 3 years $40 million.  Then I would still only trade someone like Thaiss for him.  

Bumgarner I would probably be ok with 4 years and around $76 million.  

4 minutes ago, KDWells said:

Now you don’t think Kluber will cost both Adell and Marsh like you did a few days back?

I think I mistook him for Bieber. According to Fletcher the names being thrown around are Rengifo and Deveaux. It will almost certainly take more than that but I would think a package of Rengifo, Deveaux, and Sandoval would get it done. Though I'm not keen on giving up Sandoval.

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I bet Keuchel gets more than that in this market. I’m thinking he gets closer to 3/$54m than 2/$30m. 

Yep 3/54 sounds good. I think Boras may. even be able to get him 20 per. At 3/54 I’m taking Keuchel in a heartbeat. 

Keuchel and MadBum would be ideal for me. Then if we want we can explore a trade.

Yes this is pricey BUT it allows us to keep the farm intact and for the first time in a long time we’d be in a nice spot depth wise across the board and prospect wise.

Scotty is on Twitter talking about the need for a starter that can bring a bit of an attitude with him and I agree that it would be nice to have.  Bum fills that role pretty damn well.  Too bad his results aren't what they were or else he would have been another guy getting a ton of money.  

8 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Yep 3/54 sounds good. I think Boras may. even be able to get him 20 per. At 3/54 I’m taking Keuchel in a heartbeat. 

Keuchel and MadBum would be ideal for me. Then if we want we can explore a trade.

Yes this is pricey BUT it allows us to keep the farm intact and for the first time in a long time we’d be in a nice spot depth wise across the board and prospect wise.

Keuchel and Bumgarner are actually one of my least favorite combos of the names available. It ties up maybe $35-50m AAV for two guys for at least three years who may very well be no better than #3s this year and #4s next year, plus Bumgarner costs a pick. Neither really have the upside we’d like to see still. I think Price or Kluber have a better shot at pitching like a #2 or #1-lite than Bumgarner at this point - with him, you’re basically hoping he just stabilizes at his current level rather than regressing further. It’s thin ice. 

Keuchel does fit really nice with almost any other arm though. Only real concern with him at this point is what will his AAV land at - I like him around $15m for 3 years, but anything above that makes me nervous unless we’re talking 1-2 years. 

Most appealing to me about Bumgarner is I’m thinking - hoping - he lands around a $18-22m AAV which allows some flexibility. Hopefully he can just get crafty instead of going the way of Weaver. If he can maintain something similar to his ‘19 for 3 or 4 years of a 5 year deal, he’s worth it. 

Edited by totdprods

I've got my heart set on Kluber. I'm convinced he's going to be back at 100% and will pitch near ace level still.

Keuchel is a better fit than Bumgarner, however, I think that fit is overstated. I recall when Bourjos was younger, the Angels slid Trout to LF, Hunter to RF and signed fly ball pitchers with the belief that those would not find green with an outfield that good. Obviously that plan backfired. And that's sort of how I view Keuchel. He's certainly a fit z but there's no denying he's going to cost upward of 20 million a year and v is likely to give you lots of innings and a low 4 ERA. Slightly better than what I anticipate getting from Dylan Bundy and Andrew Heaney. 

That's just not the best way to spend 20 million. 

I really like David Price and think he's going to bounce back a little. But the price has to be right. I also really like Hyun Jin Ryu. 

Among the guys that likely aren't available, I really like Darvish and Gray as well.

Edited by Second Base

im pretty much dead on with Tdawg at this point. 
The real question is what will Kluber actually cost.  The rumors are so varied on this one suggesting everything from Rengifo and Deveraux on up... now i dont necessarily think Rengifo and Deveraux alone get that done but maybe if you add in Madero or one of the young arms not named Canning/Suarez/Sandoval... it makes sense.   2 of our 10-30 prospects and a major league 2Bman... I do that.  
If however his price goes much higher, i think i turn to Bumgardner and save the kids.
I will say the Kluber trade is about the only one i really like, the rest are just far too much money for too much risk. 

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

For Kluber I think my limit would be Rengifo and Sandoval.

For Keuchel I'd probably go 3 year and $54 million.  

Price would be virtually a nothing to me and I would only want him if he came with less of a price tag than Keuchel, something liek 3 years $40 million.  Then I would still only trade someone like Thaiss for him.  

Bumgarner I would probably be ok with 4 years and around $76 million.  

I think thats too much personally, but it might be whats necessary.  
I was thinking more like 3/48 on Keuchel, you might be more realistic. 
I think Bumgardner might be a little higher than youre price although id love it at your rate.  Theres talk about that hitting 9 figures over 5 as im sure you know but if i could get him for your number i do it today. 

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I've got my heart set on Kluber. I'm convinced he's going to be back at 100% and will pitch near ace level still.

Keuchel is a better fit than Bumgarner, however, I think that fit is overstated. I recall when Bourjos was younger, the Angels slid Trout to LF, Hunter to RF and signed fly ball pitchers with the belief that those would not find green with an outfield that good. Obviously that plan backfired. And that's sort of how I view Keuchel. He's certainly a fit z but there's no denying he's going to cost upward of 20 million a year and v is likely to give you lots of innings and a low 4 ERA. Slightly better than what I anticipate getting from Dylan Bundy and Andrew Heaney. 

That's just not the best way to spend 20 million. 

I really like David Price and think he's going to bounce back a little. But the price has to be right. I also really like Hyun Jin Ryu. 

Among the guys that likely aren't available, I really like Darvish and Gray as well.

This is almost exactly how I view it too. We’re on the exact same page with valuations here. 

1 minute ago, Randy Gradishar said:

What's the deal with Keuchel anyway? Last year he was on everyone's DND list due to his obvious descent into #4dom. 

Did he have some crazy bounce-back year, or are we now okay with #4dom since he'll be priced as such? If it was a bounce-back, shouldn't we be worried about the NL factor?

hes one of the better ground ball guys available, and our defense now is begging for that. 

5 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm thinking dodgers know something is wrong with Ryu. During this run they have resigned their star players. According to Ryu they haven't offered anything and many are reporting they are going hard on Madbum. It doesn't add up.

Probably those constant trips to the DL