• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does anyone care that this team hasn't won a game yet?

First let me say, I'm not on the fire anybody bandwagon.

At best it would be extremely difficult if not impossible for any one of us
to analyze with surety the effect Butcher is having on the pitching staff
without us being involved in day to day operations. Same could be said for the
batting or any other coach.

It would seem to me that summarizing Butcher’s overall effectiveness using individual
players is silly, but maybe that’s really all a coach can do. Hope he gets a handful of
players at any given time to listen to his advice.

One would think that with good coaching and the law of averages coming

together, we would have seen a few reliable arms coming out of the pen since
the Scott Shields days. Maybe the fault lies somewhere else, scouting perhaps? It
sure seems something isn’t right.   

Take a look at the complete list of relief pitchers that have come up through our

system or have little or no major league experience when they joined us.

Of the list of pitchers below (which only covers the last three years), who if any have

gone from serviceable to good? I’m curious to hear why that shouldn’t be a concern.

Rafael Rodriguez

Jordan Walden

Sean O'Sullivan

Brian Stokes

Rich Thompson

Trevor Bell

Matt Palmer

Jason Bulger

Michael Kohn

Bobby Cassevah

Francisco Rodriguez

Horacio Ramirez

David Carpenter

David Pauley

Andrew Taylor

Steve Geltz

Kevin Jepsen

Garrett Richards*

Nick Maronde*

* newbs

The jury is still out on the bottom three, with Jepsen being the one who
needs to finally show up on a consistent basis, or not.

a thread about preseason wins and worry? 

on feb. 28?

please, go outside and interract with the three-dimensional people for a while. it's possible you may be wound a bit too tight.

Lol at this thread. If people are concerned about the first few games of Spring Training, then I don't know what to tell you. 

Some winning will do wonders for this board. Fans are understandably upset over last season, and 3 years without playoffs.

I have my doubts about Scioscia and his staff (Butcher) but hey, it is a new year, a better team, with new bats and new pitching, and I am stoked about the talent going into the season.

This looks like a group that could come together, a group of MEN. If they come together and play the damn game, the right way, Scioscia and Butcher, and Eppard, will be in the background where they belong.

Instead of being responsible for failure, a coaching staff should be quiet helpers towards success.

The players can take a lot of heat off Scioscia and of the whole organization, by going out and winning ballgames.

Some winning will do wonders for this board. Fans are understandably upset over last season, and 3 years without playoffs.

I have my doubts about Scioscia and his staff (Butcher) but hey, it is a new year, a better team, with new bats and new pitching, and I am stoked about the talent going into the season.

This looks like a group that could come together, a group of MEN. If they come together and play the damn game, the right way, Scioscia and Butcher, and Eppard, will be in the background where they belong.

Instead of being responsible for failure, a coaching staff should be quiet helpers towards success.

The players can take a lot of heat off Scioscia and of the whole organization, by going out and winning ballgames.

Come...ON.

This should have a dozen "likes" by now, and be racked in the archives for post of the year.

But no.

It kills the thread.

And I was really liken' this place.

Who was the guy who used sportcenter top 10 highlights as the way of determining outfield defense? And who was the guy who wrote to arte?

I'm pretty sure the guy that used "sportcenter top 10 highlights as the way of determining outfield defense" was "Jambo". "Rams2LA" was the guy that wrote to Arte.  Lol 

Message board politics? What did I say in this thread that had anything to do with message board politics? I just answered their question. It's too bad you can't get paid being a message board troll. 

Wow. Must have hit a nerve there, eh? I'm mostly just saying that you seem to care an awful lot about who made which post under which ID. It's a message board brah. Who gives?