• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does anyone care that this team hasn't won a game yet?

It's like everyone on here can agree that Trout gained weight.   Right.  Honestly I haven't seen him sprint because they don't really run Sprints in training.   Second he said he gained the weight because he always loses the weight in Spring Training.  But if you watch the video with his mom and dad that was filmed a few weeks back, his dad said his weight gain was caused by his mom being a "feeder".  So did he really gain it on purpose?  Doesn't seem like the 2 statements add up.

Like I said before, I am not worried about the offseason as much as now.

Yeah, I'm sure he TRIED to get fatter. That is a really dumb argument. It's pure laziness.

It's true man.  When I was in the Military they actually had to monitor food on the trays in the Chow Hall of chubby people.    I mean you are in a Basic Training and you are eating 4 desserts when you need to cut like 50 pounds.   Some people just don't try.

This is wonderful, now we are getting into conspiracy theories. Personally, I think Oswald acted alone.

You're getting into conspiracy theories as well my friend. Saying Callaspo tried to gain weight is every bit as big of a conspiracy as anything I've said in this thread - if not more.

it is baseball, man. ballplayers have historically been lards.

It's true.  But Canseco proved that being cut like a stud does increase results of below average players.  In his book juiced he says without the juice he wouldn't have amounted to a anything.

You would think they would really try to get into tip top shape.

This is wonderful, now we are getting into conspiracy theories. Personally, I think Oswald acted alone.

Hey scott before I go to bed.  Lemme ask you a serious question.  Do you think the training of the Angels is top notch in baseball?

What took him a month to remove Walden? The pitching was bad, but it wasn't as bad as you make it sound. Weaver was a top 5 AL pitcher, We aquired Greinke who pitched great for us, Wilson was great before ASB and bad after ASB, overall he was decent, Haren under-performed, but still was a decent 4 starter, Santana was garbage no getting around that. Overall, the staff was decent. The bullpen was bad I'll give you that. To be honest, the pitching goes back to Mike Butcher. I blame him for Santana being garbage and Richards not developing meanwhile we were watching the A's scrubs pitch brilliantly. He has not gotten results. He needs to go just like Hatcher needed to go last year. Underperforming players? uhhh, you call Trout having a historic year underperforming? What about Hunter having a career year? Aybar was good last year again, Kendrick was an above average 2B like usual - nothing special, Trumbo improved on his rookie year, Iannetta was our best catcher since Napoli when healthy, Pujols was a disappointment, but he was still better than what almost every other manager had at 1B. We'll see this year. We added Hamilton.Are you guys going to be using these same excuses if this team isn't playing in October...again this year?

Look who is trying to be disingenuous with his usage of "facts".  

Why did it take him a month to remove Walden?  How about because he was rarely used?  Jordan Walden made all of 6 appearances in April, he didn't allow a run in 4 of them, he came into one of the others in the 9th inning with the team down by four.   He was replaced after his ONE lone blown save.   The really funny part is he didn't allow another run in any of his next ten apparances and only 7 base-runners over that span.  How often does a manager oust an incumbent closer after one blown save?  I'll wait for you to research and get back to me. 

Grienke pitched great for us?   Yes, for 1 of the 2 months he pitched in Anaheim.  His ERA in August was 5.22.  His ERA in his final 6 games for us was 2.11. Only in your world of revisionist history is a pitcher posting an ERA of 5.22 in half of his starts "Pitching great" for us.

Our rotation was overall average?  5 of the 7 pitchers to make starts for us posted an ERA+ below 100.  Jered Weaver was his usual excellent self at 134.  Grienke's hot and cold two months came in at 107.   CJ Wilson came close at 99.  The others were awful.  They were a weak unit.

The rest of your post was just vapid questions meant for effect and with nothing of substance to argue.  They won 89 games, they went 18-7 in September before being eliminated.  Mike Scioscia likely had his worst season as a manager but to argue he's responsible for some very gross under-performances, or to say he has lost the team in light of those September numbers is nothing short of fan driven myopia.

It's true.  But Canseco proved that being cut like a stud does increase results of below average players.  In his book juiced he says without the juice he wouldn't have amounted to a anything.

You would think they would really try to get into tip top shape.

Moral of the story, do steroids.

Oh and yes vegasmike was banned. I think Chuck is allowing everyone back and I'm sure over time they will either change or find themselves banned again. I am almost looking forward to the first contact play that doesn't work. Or the first time Blanton allows a lead off home run in the 7th to tie a game. That way we get take out the trash that much quicker.

First, no.

Second, it's not Scioscia's fault they've missed three playoffs the last three years, it's mine. I moved out of SoCal right after pitchers and catchers reported in 2009, so I get credit for the playoffs that year. But the last three are completely my fault because I moved away. Sorry guys!

Today's game at the Ranch was a serious let down.  The whole team lacked motivation.  Anyone else worried that the Angels (lead by a Lackadaisical Manager)  seem like they are just going through the motions.

Let's fire Scioscia because he doesn't have enough intensity in this team during spring training games!

I'm a bit concerned about particular players (PBK living up to his name).

Losing all these games is a reminder that our depth in the high minor leagues sucks, we unfortunately already knew this. However that does mean that the Angels will be in bad shape if any of our regular starting pitchers go down with injury, moreso than teams like OAK and LAD who seem to have a glut of good pitching. 

PBK????  Outside of yesterday's game wasn't he doing pretty good?  Isn't his BA over 370 or something?

I am not worried right now because at least half of the lineup are minor leaguers.  Also it has been our pitching that has really sucked and none of our major league pitchers have played yet.

What that we haven't made the playoffs in 3 years? Last time I checked that was a fact. I've yet to see any facts out of you. Scioscia's been in charge, and we've failed...it doesn't get any more factual than that

Whats funny is that I remember when the Angels didn't make the playoffs for 20 straight years.  I remember when the Angels had 3+ years of losing seasons.  I remember 3 plus seasons where the Angels were 10+ games out of it in September.  

So no, I am not upset about three seasons of merely not making the playoffs after making the playoffs five out of six years.

Haha. That's the best you've got man? The whole "other managers blow games too so Scisocia is not to blame" argument. Hilarious. How about some facts of things the guy did good. I'd love to hear them. I'll wait for your response. I went back through the game logs and found my response. How about something a little less weak then this response. Not to be too critical of you, but that's a BS argument

He salvaged Santana and Haren who couldn't pitch against little leaguers in August and had some decent games from them in September.

Whats funny is that I remember when the Angels didn't make the playoffs for 20 straight years.  I remember when the Angels had 3+ years of losing seasons.  I remember 3 plus seasons where the Angels were 10+ games out of it in September.  

So no, I am not upset about three seasons of merely not making the playoffs after making the playoffs five out of six years.

2001 Angels...75 wins, 87 losses, 3rd place, finished 41 games back...lost 19 of our final 21 games. 

2000 Angels....82-80, 3rd place, finished 9.5 games back...were only 4 games back as late as Sept. 1st....favorite game, Aug. 18 at Yankee Stadium, Darin Erstad wins it in the 11th inning with a solo home run. 

1999 Angels...70 wins, 92 losses, 4th place, finished 25 games behind....went 16-38 in July/August, including a stretch of 4-23 from July 16 to Aug. 13, and another stretch of 1-11 from Aug. 24 to Sept. 5...strangely enough, won 9 of our final 12 games. 

1998 Angels...85-77, 2nd place, finished 3 games back...tied for first place on Sept. 20, then got swept by Texas by scores of 9-1, 9-1, and 7-1...Rangers win division. 

1997 Angels...84-78, 2nd place, finished 6 games back...tied for first place on Aug. 15, then went 15-22 for the remainder of the season. 

1996 Angels...70-91, 4th place, finished 19.5 games behind...7-game losing streak in Sept., finished 5-13. 

1995 Angels...enough said. 

1994 Angels...47-68 (strike shortened season), 4th place, finished 5.5 games back... lost 14 of our final 19 games...Kenny Rogers of Texas pitched a perfect game against us on July 28.

1993 Angels...71-91, 5th place (7 teams in West Division), finished 23 games back...two games behind at the All-star break, then went 28-48 in 2nd half of season. 

1992 Angels...72-90, 5th place, finished 24 games back...18 games behind at the All-Star break...went 3-15 at one point, then later went 2-17. In those latter 19 games, we scored a total of 41 runs...scored only 579 runs for the season, allowed 679. 

1991 Angels...81-81, 7th place, finished 14 games back...were tied for first on July 2, then went 9-25 over the next 34 games to find ourselves 14 games behind on August 12. 

1990 Angels...80-82, 4th place, finished 23 games back...0.5 games back on April 15, then went 6-17 to fall 12 games behind on May 12. 

1989 Angels...91-71, 3rd place...finished 8 games back....only 2.5 games behind on Sept. 20, then lost 8 of our final 10 games, including a 4-game sweep by Cleveland. 

1988 Angels...75-87, 4th place, finished 29 games back...lost 18 of our final 20 games, including the last 12 in a row. 

1987 Angels...75-87, 6th place, finished 10 games back....Tied for first on May 12, only to go 3-13 and fall 7.5 back on May 31....were only 3 back on Aug. 31, then went 2-10 to fall 8.5 games behind on Sept. 14. 

Source: Baseball-Reference.com

His ERA in April was 8.31

LOL at acting like the saves stat is worth a damn. That's worse than using RBI and wins as support for an argument

Edit: and even if saves were worth anything...a 50% SV% is not good

I know you like to think you are an expert, but Save/save opportunity ratio is the most important stat for a closer.