• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Poll: Rendon or Strasburg

ukyah

rendon or strasburg?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. no considerations other than the players. each signed for the same terms. you can have one of these players for the next seven years. you're the gm, which one do you take?

• strasburg
    • rendon
    • i'm dense, and i'm going to talk about the angels needs no matter what you say!

9 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Rendon, easily.

Of the three big deals this week, I think the Angels will get the most value.

Thats about right.

Cole was and still is the better fit, for us. But nothing is perfect.

Long term solutions wise, rendon is pretty huge in the huge book of angels history. Talk about a huge add. Bonafide star player in his prime. Trout finally having a partner. Etc etc.

Position players have more frequent opportunities to impact the game. If we forget team needs and simply say which is better, it's Rendon. 

Obviously this move opens things up for a trade, though the Angels may overpay in that arena too. 

Rendon certainly makes things more interesting than Strasburg.

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Position players have more frequent opportunities to impact the game. If we forget team needs and simply say which is better, it's Rendon. 

Obviously this move opens things up for a trade, though the Angels may overpay in that arena too. 

Rendon certainly makes things more interesting than Strasburg.

or they don't overpay.  

Just now, Second Base said:

We'll see if they have a choice.

You are just down on the guy.  When has he overpaid in a trade?  When hasn't he found value in a trade for a pitcher?  You, yourself rave about his ability to find that arm, but since he wasn't able to land Cole or predict that Strasburg would get the highest contract ever for a pitcher or that he couldn't pry Wheeler away from the East Coast where he and his wife wanted to be, you are down on him.  Like I said, he is your type of GM, you are simply disappointed in him.  

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

You are just down on the guy.  When has he overpaid in a trade?  When hasn't he found value in a trade for a pitcher?  You, yourself rave about his ability to find that arm, but since he wasn't able to land Cole or predict that Strasburg would get the highest contract ever for a pitcher or that he couldn't pry Wheeler away from the East Coast where he and his wife wanted to be, you are down on him.  Like I said, he is your type of GM, you are simply disappointed in him.  

As has become typical Strad, you're popping off about crap you have no clue on.

You're trying to tell me how I feel about the GM. How I feel. You're either incredibly arrogant or stupid. 

17 minutes ago, Second Base said:

As has become typical Strad, you're popping off about crap you have no clue on.

You're trying to tell me how I feel about the GM. How I feel. You're either incredibly arrogant or stupid. 

Yea sorry I have to read you act like a petulant child about the things he’s done whether it’s in the draft or during the off-season.  I’m arrogant?  Ok hypocrite.