• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade Zack Cozart and Will Wilson to the Giants for cash and PTBNL

bloodbrother

This is a little bit like the Lakers trading away Russell(#2 overall pick) to get rid of Mozgovs contract. Of course, that involved more money but it gave the Lakers much needed cap space. The Lakers also got the 27th pick in the first round and the Angels will be getting something in return too.

9 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

This is a little bit like the Lakers trading away Russell(#2 overall pick) to get rid of Mozgovs contract. Of course, that involved more money but it gave the Lakers much needed cap space. The Lakers also got the 27th pick in the first round and the Angels will be getting something in return too.

The Angels return on this deal will not be significant.

Lost in all the Cole talk, Wilson is the biggest piece Eppler has moved since the Simmons trade... and for what? Enough to cover for Cody Allen...

10 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I was thinking of this trade as well, at the moment 21-3 hopefully same good results for Angels down the line.

10 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's more about philosophy... Teams can spend whatever they are willing to spend, but you only get one first round pick every year. 

It is kind of weird, to be honest.

@Dochalo doesnt like him, so neither do I. Kidding aside, he didnt sound too promising.

That said, its suprising they spent a few years scouting this guy, picked hin over multiple others, then were willing to drop him that quickly, just to clear payroll.

It doesnt make any sense unless something else comes from it.

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It is kind of weird, to be honest.

@Dochalo doesnt like him, so neither do I. Kidding aside, he didnt sound too promising.

That said, its suprising they spent a few years scouting this guy, picked hin over multiple others, then were willing to drop him that quickly, just to clear payroll.

It doesnt make any sense unless something else comes from it.

Well yeah, his star has diminished since he was drafted, and he was certainly not one of our more hyped picks, but it hasn't been all that long since his selection in the first round.

happy to eat some crow about Cozart not being movable.  

sad that we completely wasted the 15th overall pick in the draft.  

Arte is all in but couldn't eat 12.7 mil.  and the GM had to dump one of our top 10 prospects in order to get rid of a that shitty signing he made.  

Sorry, but what part of any of this makes the Angels look smart? 

But it means we're getting Cole and Rendon.  okey dokey.  There's a lot of big and fairly unlikely stuff that needs to happen now in order to make me feel like they aren't chasing stupid with dumb.   Maybe this allows us to sign Bumgarner to a 9 figure deal.  BULLY!!

Might as well trade Adams and Marsh for Boyd at this point.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Arte is all in but couldn't eat 12.7 mil.  and the GM had to dump one of our top 10 prospects in order to get rid of a that shitty signing he made.  

But it means we're getting Cole and Rendon.  okey dokey.  There's a lot of big and fairly unlikely stuff that needs to happen now in order to make me feel like they aren't chasing stupid with dumb.   Maybe this allows us to sign Bumgarner to a 9 figure deal.  BULLY!!

200.gif

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

guardians of the galaxy vol 2 do you need a hug GIF

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

So now you've already changed your mind about the deal?

GIF by Chicks on the Right

haven't changed my mind at all.  it makes Eppler look pretty confused and not very smart one way or another.  trade Wilson for a pitcher.  fine.  

right now we've given up 5 prospects, one of which was in our top ten and acquired two years of a #5 starter and cleared about 7m in payroll for 2020 and everyone is giving out hand jobs.  

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

We have so much SS depth on the active roster and down in the farm. Losing Wilson to free up $$ to improve the team now seems like a prudent move by Eppler. 

free up $$ for who.  Cole and Rendon?  Hell yes!!  All day every day.  Bumgarner and Donaldson?  fuck me.  

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

haven't changed my mind at all.  it makes Eppler look pretty confused and not very smart one way or another.  trade Wilson for a pitcher.  fine.  

right now we've given up 5 prospects, one of which was in our top ten and acquired two years of a #5 starter and cleared about 7m in payroll for 2020 and everyone is giving out hand jobs.  

To be fair, its christmas. The handjobs were just because of the season.