• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ridiculous trade offers

Pancake Bear

SNY is just the worst. It's got it's head stuck so far up New York's butthole that it can't even begin to consider how other teams view their own prospects or Yankee players.

Has it ever occurred to them that Miguel Andujar just isn't that good? He's the worst defensive 3B in baseball and had about as much plate discipline as Mark Trumbo. He also missed an entire year and no one knows what he will do upon his return. And even if he does hit, who in the heck would trade the #2 prospect in all of baseball for him? Or a staff ace? 

Answer: Not a single team in baseball.

Any team that values defense in any way shape or form would make him a DH immediately, and judging by what defensively limited corner informers and DH's are making, teams don't value them very high at all.

Yankees fans and media are awful.

Edited by Second Base

Speaking of Schwarber, this guy from Bleacher Report seems to think the Angels will trade for him, with the rationale being that the Angels "may see him as the perfect guy to slide into Kole Calhoun's vacated spot in their outfield."

Yeah, never mind that the Angels already have a couple guys (Goodwin and eventually Adell) to "slide" into that spot. Geez, can these guys do just a little bit of research on the team before making these trade proposals/predictions/whatever?
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2862609-predicting-the-2019-20-mlb-offseasons-biggest-blockbuster-trades#slide3

Kyle Schwaber would piss fans off so much. If you thought Justin Upton was streaky, wait till you see this guy. His slumps last for two months and his hit streaks typically one. He'd be useless all the way until June, where he'd rip the cover off the ball until the all-star break, then go cold again until the September stretch when he carries the entire offense.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Kyle Schwaber would piss fans off so much. If you thought Justin Upton was streaky, wait till you see this guy. His slumps last for two months and his hit streaks typically one. He'd be useless all the way until June, where he'd rip the cover off the ball until the all-star break, then go cold again until the September stretch when he carries the entire offense.

so in other words, he's already playing like a typical angel.

make the call, eppy!

Dropped by ol' Halos Heaven to see what was up...they have a 'If I Were Billy Eppler' series they do that are usually entertaining to read - some are solid, some not so. 

Noticed one post though that laid out three different trade scenarios involving Jo Adell - and a couple of them piqued my interest, not necessarily because I agree with them, but because I could actually see some realism around them should there be a direction from Arte to win now. 

• Angels trade Jo Adell and Andrew Heaney to Detroit for SP Matthew Boyd, SP Casey Mize, and SP Joey Wentz
    • Not a fan of this one - but Mize is a consensus Top 20 prospect maybe a year away, Boyd is Boyd, and Wentz is a decent throw-in. Still, a no from me. 
    • Also worth noting, he goes on to have the Angels signing Wheeler, Gibson, and Moustakas, while trading for DeSclafani and Casali. So not a bad squad. Four new SPs with a Top 20 SP prospect in the wings.
  • Angels trade Jo Adell, Andrew Heaney, and Zack Cozart to the Cubs for 3B Kris Bryant, C Willson Contreras, and SP Brailyn Marquez
    • Doesn't do jack to help the MLB pitching and comes with some big payroll adds, but the Angels have a hell of an offense-heavy team now and for next year. 
    • Likewise, he has the Angels still signing Wheeler and Gibson, plus also Gio, and dealing for DeSclafani.
    • What I do like is that while it handcuffs the Angels financially now, it does give the Angels some payroll flexibility in a couple seasons when more prospects get close.
  • Angels trade Jo Adell, Andrew Heaney, and Andrelton Simmons to Cleveland for SS Francisco Lindor, SPs Corey Kluber, Aaron Civale, Daniel Espino, and RP James Karinchak
    • Angels take on a bunch of money via Lindor and Kluber, but both are big upgrades to the lineup and rotation. A trio of pitching prospects adds to the haul.
    • Moose is also signed, as if Wheeler, and DeSclafani still added by trade.

17 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Dropped by ol' Halos Heaven to see what was up...they have a 'If I Were Billy Eppler' series they do that are usually entertaining to read - some are solid, some not so. 

Noticed one post though that laid out three different trade scenarios involving Jo Adell - and a couple of them piqued my interest, not necessarily because I agree with them, but because I could actually see some realism around them should there be a direction from Arte to win now. 

• Angels trade Jo Adell and Andrew Heaney to Detroit for SP Matthew Boyd, SP Casey Mize, and SP Joey Wentz
    • Not a fan of this one - but Mize is a consensus Top 20 prospect maybe a year away, Boyd is Boyd, and Wentz is a decent throw-in. Still, a no from me. 
    • Also worth noting, he goes on to have the Angels signing Wheeler, Gibson, and Moustakas, while trading for DeSclafani and Casali. So not a bad squad. Four new SPs with a Top 20 SP prospect in the wings.
  • Angels trade Jo Adell, Andrew Heaney, and Zack Cozart to the Cubs for 3B Kris Bryant, C Willson Contreras, and SP Brailyn Marquez
    • Doesn't do jack to help the MLB pitching and comes with some big payroll adds, but the Angels have a hell of an offense-heavy team now and for next year. 
    • Likewise, he has the Angels still signing Wheeler and Gibson, plus also Gio, and dealing for DeSclafani.
    • What I do like is that while it handcuffs the Angels financially now, it does give the Angels some payroll flexibility in a couple seasons when more prospects get close.
  • Angels trade Jo Adell, Andrew Heaney, and Andrelton Simmons to Cleveland for SS Francisco Lindor, SPs Corey Kluber, Aaron Civale, Daniel Espino, and RP James Karinchak
    • Angels take on a bunch of money via Lindor and Kluber, but both are big upgrades to the lineup and rotation. A trio of pitching prospects adds to the haul.
    • Moose is also signed, as if Wheeler, and DeSclafani still added by trade.

nope

nope 

nope

20 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I think they meant Adell for Andujar and Judge/Severino

That has nothing on one of the plans I read.

• 1) Trade Adell, Cozart, Rengifo, Heaney, Suarez, and Noe to the Mets for Noah Syndergaard and Edwin Diaz
  • 2) Trade Goodwin, Ward, and Jones to Arizona for Robbie Ray
  • 3) Trade Thaiss and Jewell to the Marlins for Jarlin Garcia and Ryne Stanek
  • 4) Trade Justin Anderson to Pittsburgh for Jose Osuna
  • 5) Sign Hyun-Jin Ryu, Will Harris, Mark Trumbo, and Gordon Beckham 

11 minutes ago, totdprods said:

That has nothing on one of the plans I read.

• 1) Trade Adell, Cozart, Rengifo, Heaney, Suarez, and Noe to the Mets for Noah Syndergaard and Edwin Diaz
  • 2) Trade Goodwin, Ward, and Jones to Arizona for Robbie Ray
  • 3) Trade Thaiss and Jewell to the Marlins for Jarlin Garcia and Ryne Stanek
  • 4) Trade Justin Anderson to Pittsburgh for Jose Osuna
  • 5) Sign Hyun-Jin Ryu, Will Harris, Mark Trumbo, and Gordon Beckham 

I'd do Goodwin, Ward and Jones for Robbie Ray, but that's all

I guess Joel Sherman was on MLB Network today and said this about the Angels:
Sign Gerrit Cole
Trade Upton & 2 prospects to Boston for David Price
Sign Yasmani Grandal
Acquire Craig Kimbrel from Cubs for prospects

5 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Sign Gerrit Cole
Sign Yasmani Grandal

Ew.

I'd agree that the Ray deal was the only one of that bunch that I'd do.

Just now, totdprods said:

Ew.

I'd agree that the Ray deal was the only one of that bunch that I'd do.

Yup.
I wouldn't mind trading Upton (which will be near impossible), but Price isn't worth it. Trade Cozart instead if they want a salary dump.
Rest of finances should go to Wheeler, then make trades for salary space and maybe another starter. 

Get me an Ace, a #2 two starter and hell a #3 and I'm good. 

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Yup.
I wouldn't mind trading Upton (which will be near impossible), but Price isn't worth it. Trade Cozart instead if they want a salary dump.
Rest of finances should go to Wheeler, then make trades for salary space and maybe another starter. 

Get me an Ace, a #2 two starter and hell a #3 and I'm good. 

I don't mind Price if the...price is right...but trading Upton doesn't seem to be the answer. 
Grandal is a mistake waiting to happen. 
Kimbrel as well seems like he could be money better spent, but it'd depend again on the prospects. 

27 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

Juan Rivera & Mike Napoli for Vernon Wells

Too soon?

what's an equivalent of that today I wonder?  Wells had 4/89 left when he was traded to the halos at age 32.  He was coming off a 4 WAR season and had put up 7 WAR over the previous 3 years or about 2.3 WAR per year.  

I think a decent equivalent would be trading Fletcher and Goodwin for Heyward.  

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

In 2019, Undertaker >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kimbrel.

Problem with Price is that 2019 was his worst MLB season, AND only averaged some 5 innings/start.     Age 34 seems to be where the decline is permanent.

If there is any momentum behind a Price deal, it's that he and Maddon have a great rapport and the Angels have the ability to take on salary, as well as a need. 

Boston would have to basically make so many concessions in a deal that it'd have to be a no-brainer for the Angels to turn down. Costing LAA nothing valuable prospect-wise, eating significant money, likely eating Cozart's contract...

If Boston offered him up to us basically for free and eating so much money he was around $20m AAV, sure. Doubtful Boston does that but you never know. They need to free up some money and the money they shed might be enough for them to then shop in the low/mid-tier FA market for some bounce-back bargains which would suit their 2020-2021 plans well.

Edited by totdprods

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

what's an equivalent of that today I wonder?  Wells had 4/89 left when he was traded to the halos at age 32.  He was coming off a 4 WAR season and had put up 7 WAR over the previous 3 years or about 2.3 WAR per year.  

I think a decent equivalent would be trading Fletcher and Goodwin for Heyward.  

Heyward actually seems too valuable in that sense in that he might still have something left in the tank, or at least plus-plus defense to contribute for a few more years given his age.

Wil Myers? Jacoby Ellsbury? Yoenis Cespedes? Eric Hosmer?

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Sign Gerrit Cole
Sign Yasmani Grandal

WTF?

that would be f'in brutal. that's like the vernon wells deal twice in one offseason. i don't want price or kimbrel for free.