• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

After recently having lunch with Arte Moreno, Scott Boras says Moreno is committed to improving the Angels

rafibomb

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

Also this

Not only inaccurate, but I think not so smart. As the premier free agent (along with Rendon) in a rather tenuous market, there is always the possibility that the longer a free agent waits to sign, the more uncertain their contract will be - especially if he waits until all the other good pitchers sign. 

Right now Cole sets his own market. He will easily get the largest contract for a free agent pitcher in baseball history, quite possibly $20-30+ million more. But that could  change, depending upon how the other contracts unfold.

In other words, right now Cole is virtually guaranteed a 7/$220-250M contract. If he holds out into January or February to get $260-280M, he might, but he also has a chance of slipping a bit, if teams fill their needs.

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Not only inaccurate, but I think not so smart. As the premier free agent (along with Rendon) in a rather tenuous market, there is always the possibility that the longer a free agent waits to sign, the more uncertain their contract will be - especially if he waits until all the other good pitchers sign. 

Right now Cole sets his own market. He will easily get the largest contract for a free agent pitcher in baseball history, quite possibly $20-30+ million more. But that could  change, depending upon how the other contracts unfold.

In other words, right now Cole is virtually guaranteed a 7/$220-250M contract. If he holds out into January or February to get $260-280M, he might, but he also has a chance of slipping a bit, if teams fill their needs.

This is a genuine issue. The Angels, for instance, are a team that needs multiple pitchers and can’t afford to wait on Cole. If he sits around waiting for a mythical figure that will never arrive, the teams with the deepest pockets will look elsewhere and he may well have to settle for less. 

Also, side note.

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

boras cracks me up. he's so transparent to me. his strategy to negotiations is well thought out, but his tactics are often so obvious they cross the border into comical.

He and his clients are laughing all the way to the bank

1. I can confirm that lunch did indeed take place last week between Arte and Boras.

b. I’m not going to kiss and tell (but the Chile rellano was outstanding and no one present hurt their pitching arm during our meal). 

3. Arte paid for lunch this time. 

d. There’s a gag order in place for the time being.