• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

After recently having lunch with Arte Moreno, Scott Boras says Moreno is committed to improving the Angels

rafibomb

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Youd have to think this is real. Boras is at every homestand, surrounded by baseball people. At some point over the last DECADE he and arte have had to have had shots and gotten over it.

They may still not like each other (who knows), but i doubt they avoid each other.

47 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I can't pretend to know the inner-workings of lunch meetings among MLB execs and agents, but seeing as Joe is road tripping back east right now, wouldn't this be Eppler, Moreno and Carpino more than likely? Unless Maddon is back already, or one of the AGM's snuck into the restaurant.

You're looking way too much into it. Read the press release. Sounds like they casually grab food and talk baseball and both run into each other a lot as they both frequent the same restaurant.

I bet it's more casual than getting down to brass tacks on the business side.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

He and his clients are laughing all the way to the bank

i wasn't implying that he isn't a good agent, quite the opposite actually. he amuses me because he puts together amazing manipulations of stats and pedigrees to promote his clients as the next mickey mantle or bob gibson, but then uses the most transparent quotes. take this OP quote for example he's putting words in arte's mouth and legitimizing it by implying that it must be true because they had lunch.

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

I can't pretend to know the inner-workings of lunch meetings among MLB execs and agents, but seeing as Joe is road tripping back east right now, wouldn't this be Eppler, Moreno and Carpino more than likely? Unless Maddon is back already, or one of the AGM's snuck into the restaurant.

I can't say much, but there were no AGMs at our lunch meeting. 

It's fun to discuss with powerful people the pros and cons of natural gas vs. COAL over a plate of nachos.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Youd have to think this is real. Boras is at every homestand, surrounded by baseball people. At some point over the last DECADE he and arte have had to have had shots and gotten over it.

They may still not like each other (who knows), but i doubt they avoid each other.

Always keep your enemies close by

32 minutes ago, Tank said:

I can't say much, but there were no AGMs at our lunch meeting. 

It's fun to discuss with powerful people the pros and cons of natural gas vs. COAL over a plate of nachos.

Propane all the way. Wood stove heats the house, and the wife and I haven't needed to fill propane in almost two years.

Us common folk go with cost effective.

I trust Arte agrees with me.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I assume the wealthy and powerful experience many of the same emotions us feudal serfs do. There are people I don't like but I don't avoid either. It's part of being an adult I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I assume the wealthy and powerful experience many of the same emotions us feudal serfs do. There are people I don't like but I don't avoid either. It's part of being an adult I suppose.

Lunch meeting. One round of scotch. 

Arte;  You know you screwed us on Teixeira.

Boras;  You know you screwed me with Weaver. 

Arte; check please!

24 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Propane all the way. Wood stove heats the house, and the wife and I haven't needed to fill propane in almost two years.

Us common folk go with cost effective.

I trust Arte agrees with me.

propane won't heat your house effectively during the World Series, like COAL does.

it's similar to the difference between riding a unicycle or a two-WHEELER.

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Atre is in charge.  

He forced Boras to change his name before he'd let him have lunch on his yacht.  His official new name is Skiff Botas.  

He also made Skiff pay for lunch with yacht fuel.  

Sounds like something from the Mandalorian.

16 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Right now Cole sets his own market. He will easily get the largest contract for a free agent pitcher in baseball history, quite possibly $20-30+ million more. 

Clearly.

Which is why it was hilarious when some around here though he would only get (and be worth) just a little more than Corbin.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:58 PM, Dochalo said:

Atre is in charge.  

He forced Boras to change his name before he'd let him have lunch on his yacht.  His official new name is Skiff Botas.  

He also made Skiff pay for lunch with yacht fuel.  

Was Scut Farkus there too?

Edited by Angel Oracle