• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Howie Kendrick

On 9/25/2019 at 4:00 PM, failos said:

b HK47 should’ve never been traded. 

For most of the time since he was traded, the Angels have shuffled a parade of subpar or over-the-hill infielders into the 2B slot. Rengifo has shown promise, 5 seasons later.

Traded for Heaney. Hindsight view of the trade: Dodgers win. Dodgers win.  (2 solid seasons)

Howie has never had a season below .279  BA in 14 seasons.

19 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

How’d hero Howie get here?

https://www.mlb.com/news/nationals-score-4-in-third-vs-jack-flaherty

Nice article on Howie trying to get to his first WS.

Good stuff. I'm very stoked for him. 

“He wants it,” said Nationals manager Dave Martinez. “The rest of his teammates feed off that.”

I have no idea what you’re talking about. You might want to read this place if you think I’m one of the more vocal Trout MVP guys.  Sure I think he will win it, but I won’t feel is was somehow wronged if he doesn’t.  Hell we have guys that think he was cheated out of an MVP when he lost to a Triple Crown winner.

I have a much bigger problem with a grown man using a term like “triggered” on the internet and thinking he made a point.  Triggered is the snowflake of really dumb internet warriors.   You’re a bright guy, act accordingly.  

According to baseball reference Howie had 5 years of a higher WAR on the Angels than he had this year.  According to fangraphs he had 2 years of a higher WAR than this year.  I am assuming most of that is due to his declining defense these days.  I haven’t researched his defense, but in the playoffs it looks like he has taken quite a few steps back defensively.  

It was a full-on party in D.C. when Kendrick strode to the plate in the seventh inning. A chorus of “How-ie! How-ie!” grew louder and louder as the ageless right-handed hitter worked himself yet another favorable count. Kendrick rewarded those fans with -- what else? -- a booming double in the gap.

That's cool. Good for him. 

Just now, yk9001 said:

I've seen people react twice here (I think) to the quotes around MVP.  *Maybe* it was this thread a month ago.

I just think it is amusing.

I was looking for a better trigger gif, this wasn't my best work.

Dude you are witty, using triggered is silly.  If you were a dolt, then trigger away.  As for someone using “MVP” they were really just saying look at me.  I am guilty of obliging.  

What they were saying, just by using two quotation marks, is the following:

"The Angels have the best player in the league, as reflected by his MVP status.  But it is an odd dynamic, because when one thinks of an MVP, one thinks of a game changing athlete who helps make my team win.  That never happens with Trout.  Him winning MVP awards does apparently very little to help my team win games.  And it is frustrating."

That is my interpretation of what those two quotation marks mean.  And I think it is a legit frustration.

9 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I've seen people react twice here (I think) to the quotes around MVP.  *Maybe* it was this thread a month ago.

I just think it is amusing.

I was looking for a better trigger gif, this wasn't my best work.

there's a big difference between being triggered and pointing out idiocy.