• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Amber Alert!!!

2 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Looks like we’ll be banking on free agency to upgrade the rotation again. 

Given Billy’s horrendous track record in FA, I look forward to his 5th consecutive season of below .500 ball

Just wanted to chime in to make sure you knew it wasn’t against the rules to make trades in the offseason. 

Prices are usually higher during the trade deadline for obvious reasons...

we have two months of baseball left. couple of arms would go a long ways. not saying #1 or #2, or even #3. Just some gosh darn arms that can go 5, 6 innings majority of the time. I think Boston is failing and not sure Tampa can hold up. we should be riding the Skagg emotion right now. anything can happen. we play oakland a bunch of times still. one 3 game sweep and we are right in it again. 

11 minutes ago, Dick Enberg said:

we have two months of baseball left. couple of arms would go a long ways. not saying #1 or #2, or even #3. Just some gosh darn arms that can go 5, 6 innings majority of the time. I think Boston is failing and not sure Tampa can hold up. we should be riding the Skagg emotion right now. anything can happen. we play oakland a bunch of times still. one 3 game sweep and we are right in it again. 

This team isn't making the playoffs. A couple of arms aren't worth the damage it would do to the lineup/farm.

The bottom line is I find it very hard to believe that one tiny trade for a backup catcher is the best (or only) move that a decent GM could have made in trying to improve this team for either 2019 or beyond.

This was a pretty frustrating offseason and a frustrating trade deadline.

I guess I have to learn to be stoked that the Angels have Taylor Ward while there is no Facking pitching on the mound every night.

Edited by Dtwncbad

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

The bottom line is I find it very hard to believe that one tiny trade for a backup catcher is the best (or only) move that a decent GM could have made in trying to improve this team for either 2019 or beyond.

This was a pretty frustrating offseason and a frustrating trade deadline.

I guess I have to learn to be stoked that the Angels have Taylor Ward while there is no Facking pitching on the mound every night.

Or you can live in your world where Taylor Ward brings us a pitcher in return.