• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: Teams interested in Lucroy

mmc

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We’re they chasing three teams?  Did they need 2,3 or 4 starting pitchers?  Was their pen gassed?  

I don’t know but I imagine they had issues because they were down more games. Do u honestly think this 5.5 games down is the most insurmountable amount of games any team has ever come back from? Because I don’t. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

I don’t know but I imagine they had issues because they were down more games. Do u honestly think this 5.5 games down is the most insurmountable amount of games any team has ever come back from? Because I don’t. 

No, but I also don’t see how we can acquire enough starting pitching to overcome the deficit.  We don’t have a single starting pitcher I trust.  

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Angels have 50 or so games left. 5.5 isn't much. Especially when we are playing the teams in front of us a lot. We are down 2 touchdowns with 20 plus minutes left in the football game. It wouldn't be unheard of to come back and take the wild card spot. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

It’s more like being down 20 points with 5 minutes to go.  

I think it's more like being down 2 touchdowns with 20 minutes to play in 4 consecutive must win games.

16 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Generally teams that make big comebacks down the stretch are a lot better than the competition that was ahead of them. A lot of mediocre teams over perform for stretches while good teams can under perform or come up against significant injuries that they battle through before finding themselves healthy. Point is, the Angels are not battle injuries and on the cusp of being healthy, and they sure as hell aren't as god as the teams ahead of them. I mean can they beat them? Sure, anything can happen, but there is no reason to think they can out play the Indians, Red Sox, A's and Rays down the stretch.

15 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

No it's not insurmountable but it's a hail Mary.  With that I think we've covered all of the analogies so lets just say it's very unlikely that the Angels as they're constructed are a threat to win it all this year or even make a deep playoff run.  If they can move guys who don't fit into next years plans while bringing back pretty much anything they'd be fools not to.  

More of an issue than where we are at the moment (5.5 games out) is the fact that we have the hardest remaining schedule of any AL team to finish this year.  This is a fact based on the won-lost records of our remaining opponents right now.  I can't see us winning more than 86 games at best this year, anything more would be a miracle and Eppler would have to pull off some great trades to make that happen.  Sell what's not in the plan going forward, but add where we can to shore up weaknesses long term.  What happens for the rest of this year is almost irrelevant compared to proper future positioning.  Jump start the process now, and go strong in the off season.

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

13 hours. Will anything get done?  I still think we will get Robbie Ray or Boyd or Caleb Smith tomorrow.  

No I think the asking price will be too much and Eppler won’t give away good prospects just to make a trade. 

4 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I do not think anything will happen for the Angels before the deadline.  Eppler seems much more conservative with making impactful trades than rolling the dice on free agents.

His one impactful trade (Simmons) was a lot better than his FA signings---Valbuena, Cozart, Allen, Harvey, Cahill....I'd probably rather he make a trade than sign a FA this winter....

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

The only thing that ever made sense to me is to move Calhoun and get whatever you can in return.

Doesn't seem likely that the Angels will want to pick up his option.

Who knows.

After seeing Atlanta give up Allard for a pending FA RP, I'm hoping Eppler's been in touch, clubhouse chemistry be damned.

If you can get one of Atlanta's Top 10 SP prospects for Calhoun you have to do it.