• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Griffin Canning

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

It's hilarious because people tend to watch games, inject their little league experiences into it and think they know whats up and that they somehow are in tune with the players, and the clubhouse    If the Skaggs tragedy taught us anything its that no matter what you think you're seeing, we really don't know shit. 

This is the best post in the history of AW.

All kidding aside, the loss of Tyler Skaggs has devastated this team and thrown it completely off balance. We go out and clean the Dodgers' clock, then there's a game like last night, a horror show. Nothing is predictable any more, except for Trout being Trout.

This season cannot end soon enough. Build for next year and beyond. And keep Calhoun! And get some starting pitching that's half-way reliable. 

F*ck this guy for not being Kershaw.

He'll be fine, but maybe its also time for us collectively to temper our expectations on our own prospects. I'm as guilty as anyone, but the majority of us tend to view our prospects more highly than outside analysts. Many people here were projecting Canning to be a #1-2 starter; most analysts see/saw (ha) him as a #3-4. I split the middle and said #2-3, but maybe #2 is a bit overly optimistic.

We don't know what Canning will become, and I suspect we won't have a real sense of it until next year, but maybe we should temper expectations a bit and hope for a solid #3 type.

I think he has mental/confidence issues and it's not a talent thing (part of it because Skaggs was his mentor). One start he look great the next he looks like he has never pitched a day in his life. Never seen anything like it (different then just getting hit around). If we didn't have the thinnest staff in the league he would more than likely be sent down to figure it out. Luckily I think this type of thing is easier to fix then him just not being good enough, so hopefully he can figure it out!

7 hours ago, Tank said:

We should just trade low level prospects for two young, cost controlled pitchers who can throw a quality start every time they take the mound.

get ‘er done, eppy.

Nah, you gotta at least throw in a guy like Ward who seemingly holds minimal value here but obviously any team willing to part with good pitching would DEMAND he be included.