• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So let me get this right...

Glen

8 minutes ago, floplag said:

Part of me is glad we got this mess as it highlights the downside to the opener in that if it fails you are F'd... at the end of it all it was one of the ugliest wins i can remember, but it was a win, so ill take it and smile 

You are still not thinking this through.  All it does is limit Bedrosian or the opener to one inning.  More than likely that is all that dude is pitching anyway.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You are still not thinking this through.  All it does is limit Bedrosian or the opener to one inning.  More than likely that is all that dude is pitching anyway.  

with respect, i think im just looking at it differently.  Pena shitting the bed would have been much easier to deal with of Bedrosian was available after him for more innings.
The opener things isnt a perfect solution, when it fails youve taken someone out of the mix for later on.  If that game had gone extras for example we were in deep doodoo.
I get it i truly believe i do, i just dont think its a perfect answer. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

with respect, i think im just looking at it differently.  Pena shitting the bed would have been much easier to deal with of Bedrosian was available after him for more innings.
The opener things isnt a perfect solution, when it fails youve taken someone out of the mix for later on.  If that game had gone extras for example we were in deep doodoo.
I get it i truly believe i do, i just dont think its a perfect answer. 

Would you feel the same way if Bedrosian went two innings?  Then Pena came in and shit the bed?  What if Bedrosian went one inning and wasn’t effective and then Pena came in and wasn’t effective?  The longest outing by Bedrosian was 5 outs this year.  So it isn’t really an opener problem.  

Just now, Stradling said:

Would you feel the same way if Bedrosian went two innings?  Then Pena came in and shit the bed?  What if Bedrosian went one inning and wasn’t effective and then Pena came in and wasn’t effective?  The longest outing by Bedrosian was 5 outs this year.  So it isn’t really an opener problem.  

Doesnt matter he wasnt given the change to go 2 innings so what i would have though is moot.   And what-ifs dont really matter either.  
nothing anyone is going to say is going to resonate, you have it in your head that this is the best thing  since sliced bread, all im suggesting is that it isnt all perfection when it goes wrong but youre not even trying to hear it so, meh.  Not worth another grand debate.  

I feel like Ausmus did a solid job last night actually.  He left Pena in a little too long but it's hard to pull a guy at less than two innings.  Sometimes, pitchers will figure it out and settle down.  At the time we, myself included, were pining to get him out of there but his pen was already pretty thin so he didn't have a lot to work with.  Noe did a great job and he could have been pushed a little further imo, but that's dicey because then you're playing with fire.  Buttrey ran out of gas.  

We all wanted him to PH for lucroy who got a single and that runner eventually tied the game.  Not sure if he gave the steal sign to Goodwin, but he might have and that was huge as well.  

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I feel like Ausmus did a solid job last night actually.  He left Pena in a little too long but it's hard to pull a guy at less than two innings.  Sometimes, pitchers will figure it out and settle down.  At the time we, myself included, were pining to get him out of there but his pen was already pretty thin so he didn't have a lot to work with.  Noe did a great job and he could have been pushed a little further imo, but that's dicey because then you're playing with fire.  Buttrey ran out of gas.  

We all wanted him to PH for lucroy who got a single and that runner eventually tied the game.  Not sure if he gave the steal sign to Goodwin, but he might have and that was huge as well.  

Still not understanding Bob Melvin walking Trout and putting the go ahead run on second base and putting pressure on his reliever not to walk the next batter. 

Bonehead move imo but I was happy because you knew it would blow up in his face.

49 minutes ago, floplag said:

Pena's exit wasn't based on when he entered the game, it was based on his inability to get anyone out.   The only possible argument that you could possibly be clinging to is that Pena would have successfully completed an extra inning -- which you have no way of knowing and which also ignores the whole point of using an opener in the first place - to avoid a SPs exposure to the best hitters in the lineup.   

He could have been knocked out in the first having allowed 7 runs and not gotten anyone out.  We have no way of knowing.

52 minutes ago, floplag said:

If that game had gone extras for example we were in deep doodoo.

Followed by...

44 minutes ago, floplag said:

And what-ifs dont really matter either.  

Love how what ifs are worth bringing up when making your argument but not when someone goes about countering it.   

46 minutes ago, floplag said:

nothing anyone is going to say is going to resonate, you have it in your head that this is the best thing  since sliced bread, all im suggesting is that it isnt all perfection when it goes wrong but youre not even trying to hear it so, meh.  Not worth another grand debate.  

Can you please link to where anyone has placed that sort of finality to the argument?   Seems the only person closing themselves off to any argument other than their own is you.  

54 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I like how in games like this when the pitchers struggle, suddenly the usual suspects are big fans of Bedrosian and Noe Ramirez.

I dont hate Noe..  I may be the only one.  I thought he was overused last year, and put into situations he wasn't really good in.  I like him as a long man, low leverage guy.  Every so often he has a game like last night where he looks good.   Jeppy Jr annoys me like he does everyone else....   unpredictable hobbit.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I dont hate Noe..  I may be the only one.  I thought he was overused last year, and put into situations he wasn't really good in.  I like him as a long man, low leverage guy.  Every so often he has a game like last night where he looks good.   Jeppy Jr annoys me like he does everyone else....   unpredictable hobbit.

Noe would be the guy they should stretch out for 3-4 innings.  We have a really good offense and terrible pitching overall so there are going to be a ton of lopsided games where he'll have an opportunity to make use of going 3-4 ip.  

I like Cam as an opener.