• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So let me get this right...

Glen

10 minutes ago, RBM said:

The opener didn't fail last night. We were up 1-0 at the end of the 1st.

Pena failed. He allowed twice as many baserunners (10) and more runs (7) then he got outs (5) in the 2nd and 3rd inning. 

He could have failed in the 1st inning also had we started him. His mechanics were off and his velocity was down. He had a bad day.

Agreed.

FTR -- I don't have a really strong opinion on the opener.   I think it's another tactic to consider depending on the situation and what particular players are capable of.   But any argument against it's usage should be based on something more than "I don't think it's good because it might not be great".

Pena was brutal last night -- he seems to have games like this every so often.

Edited by Inside Pitch

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Agreed.

FTR -- I don't have a really strong opinion on the opener.   I think it's another tactic to consider depending on the situation and what particular players are capable of.   But any argument against it's usage should be based on something more than "I don't think it's good because it might not be great".

Pena was brutal last night -- he seems to have games like this every so often.

that's what makes him a back end rotation guy ultimately.  But to me, that's why he's much more tolerable than some innings eater who won't have those more dominant outings.  I'd rather have that one blowup every 6 or 7 starts.  

IMO Ausmus is making the same mistakes that Scioscia did with his bullpen.  Overworking guys.  A lot of it has to do with what he is given, and maybe it's an organizational decision, but I still feel that he is overworking his guys a bit.

57 minutes ago, nate said:

IMO Ausmus is making the same mistakes that Scioscia did with his bullpen.  Overworking guys.  A lot of it has to do with what he is given, and maybe it's an organizational decision, but I still feel that he is overworking his guys a bit.

I didn't really think Scioscia overworked guys. Ausmus is clearly more aggressive with his bullpen usage. Scioscia would go with the bottom rung of his pen with the team down a run, maybe even in a tie game if we had already clenched a series. Im pretty sure Ausmus has used Buttery when we've been down a couple of runs. 

I'm still undecided on Ausmus. He's done some things I really like and some I thought were incredibly stupid, just like any manager does. Last night, though...when Pena shit the bed and with the bullpen already down a man, he didn't have many options. He still got the win in an exciting game. That's good enough for me.

Fuck the haters and second-guessers.

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

I'm still undecided on Ausmus. He's done some things I really like and some I thought were incredibly stupid, just like any manager does. Last night, though...when Pena shit the bed and with the bullpen already down a man, he didn't have many options. He still got the win in an exciting game. That's good enough for me.

Fuck the haters and second-guessers.

you've been ornery lately.  

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

self ban?  

this franchise went down the crapper when AO stopped self banning.  

Last night I was at work and got called to the flightline when it was 7-1. When I got back inside it was 8-7. I watched on gamecast for a few innings and then shut it off. It's hard to distinguish between correlation and causation there.

22 minutes ago, Glen said:

Last night I was at work and got called to the flightline when it was 7-1. When I got back inside it was 8-7. I watched on gamecast for a few innings and then shut it off. It's hard to distinguish between correlation and causation there.

The obvious lesson here is that you cannot watch a single pitch of Angels baseball ever again.

Don't worry. We'll exercise common courtesy when we keep you updated on what's going on with the team.

5 hours ago, floplag said:

Doesnt matter he wasnt given the change to go 2 innings so what i would have though is moot.   And what-ifs dont really matter either.  
nothing anyone is going to say is going to resonate, you have it in your head that this is the best thing  since sliced bread, all im suggesting is that it isnt all perfection when it goes wrong but youre not even trying to hear it so, meh.  Not worth another grand debate.  

Ok so if what if’s don’t matter why are you asking what would happen if we went to extra innings?