• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cozart

DMVol

29 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Some of you are ridiculous.

He had a serious injury. He's still hurt. Give it a rest.

If this is true than as a professional he should have been honest and communicated the seriousness of his injuries.  This is not the behavior of a team-first player but it is for a me-first player.  He has been consistently terrible since day 1.

I agree, Cozart should be given a rest, a very long rest.

5 minutes ago, eligrba said:

If this is true than as a professional he should have been honest and communicated the seriousness of his injuries.  This is not the behavior of a team-first player but it is for a me-first player.  He has been consistently terrible since day 1.

Wrong!

he's been terrible since day 5 

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

First of all, that wasn't my point. When he went on the IL people claimed it was a fake injury.  Now that he says this, people still claim that.

Did he claim he was fine this spring?  Opening day?

Even if he did, he's what the 10,000th player to do so?

Edited by ScottT
Eat a d

3 hours ago, ScottT said:

ST he claimed he was golden. Now he claims he wasn’t right since the surgery. BS. 

3 hours ago, eligrba said:

Needs to be released, IMO. I was for giving him a shot, but I’m done at this point. Hopefully Arte and Eppler are also. 

So he gets injured, gets surgery, and comes back.  My guess is when you come back from surgery your shoulder doesn’t feel exactly like it did pre-surgery, it feels different, that’s even if you remember what your shoulder felt like pre-injury.  I personally would assume that if my shoulder was different after surgery, that that was my new normal.  

Guess nobody has ever rehabbed an injury? 

Why is everyone so quick to assume he was lying or hiding anything?  His comments about feeling tightness are pretty innocuous.

Feeling tightness is sort of normal, mostly you are happy to be pain free and you assume it will pass in time...  You rehab enough injuries you get to where you tend to write it off the tightness as part of the process.  Pretty sure every pro athlete would say as much.  Sounds like this never went away, then the pain came back and now comes the realization the shoulder may never be the same.

Personally, I think there's a level of denial/optimism, possibly a combination of both that goes through these guy's heads as they work back from injury.  Cozart never looked right, the ball was coming off his bat very different than last year.... You can say he sucked then too but there was a transition happening and he only had a limited number of at bats.  But the difference in how the ball came off his bat was pretty obvious and was confirmed by the early exit velocities.  Those improved, but like a pitcher overthrowing to try to gain velocity he was doing something to try and compensate and it was clearly impacting his swing.

Long story short, if he's come to the realization he may have to change things then both Cozart and the Angels realize he may be done or incapable of doing what he was acquired to do.  It makes it easier for the team to accept their losses and cut bait.  Cold maybe but not wrong.

If he can't do what he used to then he shouldnt suck up a roster spot. If he needs to redo his shit then he needs to do it somewhere other than in MLB games...  This will take time and a full 30 day rehab assignment.  The Angels have better, more capable options.  There are guys with their futures ahead of them that are more worthy of playing time.  

Sucks for Cozart, but that's the truth.

15 hours ago, Dochalo said:

then why was he out there.  After the first several games where he noticed a problem, he should have said something.  

Because the Angels medical team doesn’t include Dochalo. He should be sitting next to Jacoby Ellsbury for the rest of his days.  

19 hours ago, ScottT said:

It doesn't explain his poor OPS (.219/.296/.362/.658) before the shoulder injury a year ago on June 13.

IP's post was right on, except for saying Cozart had limited at bats before shoulder injury.   He actually had 253 PAs in 2018, when the injury occurred, which should have been more than enough at bats to get accustomed to a new league. 

It does suck for Cozart that shoulder injuries usually mean destroying a career.

Seems that you (ScottT) have been really ornery towards posters lately.   What gives? 

With Fletcher, La Stella and Rengifo--not to mention Ward--the Angels don't need him or even have a place for him. I suppose that if they are out of the wildcard then they might trade La Stella and play Cozart. But when Simmons gets back, I just don't see a place for him on the 2020 team.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Cozart never plays another game as an Angel.

18 hours ago, ScottT said:

First of all, that wasn't my point. When he went on the IL people claimed it was a fake injury.  Now that he says this, people still claim that.

Did he claim he was fine this spring?  Opening day?

Even if he did, he's what the 10,000th player to do so?

You loooove defending this guy....why?

2 hours ago, RBM said:

Ivy league wisdom from our skipper. 

"It seems like every time he hits the ball hard, it gets caught, and when he doesn't hit the ball hard, it gets caught," Angels manager Brad Ausmus said, according to the Orange County Register.

That is called a shitty hitter in any league.