• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If you need something to perk you up (in Schadenfreude News)

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He can always fall back on his cheerleading coach skills.

giphy.gif

He is responding to watching himself on the stadium big screen.

13 years married to this.......enjoy Philly, you earned it

Some of you get upset because you don't think the Angels show enough "fire" and "fight" and yet when a player like Harper comes along - some of you don't like what you see.  I'm speaking generally here and not pointing at any specific person because I don't pay close enough attention to that.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Poor, poor Bryce Harper, being picked on by a bunch of Angels fans on a forum that he'll never see, making $25 million a year for the next 13 years playing the game of baseball. Boo-hoo, how mean are we to take pleasure in his "suffering?"

I don't give a sh*t about Harper in the least.

We just look like the homely, dateless girls at the homecoming dance, making catty remarks about the popular girls.  We are sitting glued to our chairs next to the wall, while they are out in the middle of the dance floor.

And we will be the first ones to leave the dance.

Its not a good look.

5 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

We just look like the homely, dateless girls at the homecoming dance, making catty remarks about the popular girls.  We are sitting glued to our chairs next to the wall, while they are out in the middle of the dance floor.

Its not a good look.

he lives in Philly.

all the girls are fat. 

9 hours ago, True Grich said:

Regardless of what he's doing now - many of you remain focused on him.  There's a reason for that. 

everyone loves a train wreck 

9 hours ago, True Grich said:

Some of you get upset because you don't think the Angels show enough "fire" and "fight" and yet when a player like Harper comes along - some of you don't like what you see.  I'm speaking generally here and not pointing at any specific person because I don't pay close enough attention to that.

He's not showing much fire and fight right now. 

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

for not caring about Harper, a lot of you sure love to defend him. 

Meh, he's on my fantasy team.  In real life baseball, I don't care about Harper enough to attack or defend him.  If the Trout-Harper thing were still a debate, I'd have a horse in the race.  But that's long been settled. 

34 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Its not a good look.

are we at least dressed nicely? the homecoming dance is kind of an important night and a few of us are looking to get lucky.

18 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Meh, he's on my fantasy team.  In real life baseball, I don't care about Harper enough to attack or defend him.  If the Trout-Harper thing were still a debate, I'd have a horse in the race.  But that's long been settled. 

Who's attacking him? Seems to me that people are merely posting facts. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

for not caring about Harper, a lot of you sure love to defend him. 

If you're talking about me - I don't necessarily care about him.  I find him entertaining to watch (when he's going good).  I really haven't defended him either. I'm just having a conversation about him.  Again - whether he succeeds or not doesn't really matter to me.  He's just one of the few guys I have actually gone out of my way to see play in person. I don't even care if people don't like him.  I just find this topic interesting on many levels.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

He's not showing much fire anfight right now. 

He still wears his emotions on his sleeve.  He's always been an emotional player.  Nothing has changed there. 

That's not in defense of him.  That's just the facts.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

I enjoy seeing a player with fire in his style of play.   Just not with that OPS for that salary.

why isn't Bryce Harper news and of interest to any baseball fan?  

the guy is in the first year of a 13 year deal and already failing.  

He was also on the Angels radar or at least on Angel fan's radar and targeted our best player to come join him after signing his record contract.  

He's a high profile baseball player and one of the most polarizing in the sport.  

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Who's attacking him? Seems to me that people are merely posting facts. 

Actually , it's "legit concerns" and not the made up type that you can only come up with it you blind yourself to reason. 

Bryce Harper should and likely will turn it around but there are growing concerns that a player that came into the league with veteran tools is showing signs of an early decline. 

Struggling vs FBs - √

Elevated pull rate - √  50% (up 11%)

Spike in K rate - √  31% career 21%

Soft contact up - √

Medium contact down - √ 

Hard contact down - √

There is actually a whole lot more but I have a hard time believing it's anything more than a sample size issue because otherwise he's going to decline at a rate that will make APs fall look graceful by comparison.

You have to think he's put a lot of pressure on himself (likely pressing) given his competitive nature and some of his early comments.  I agree with TG, that he's one of the very few players in MLB willing to make splashy comments.  Bregman is another one although he seems to catch a lot less shit for it.  

Tell you what I'm struggling with....  Huge Bellinger fan and he wears blue.  Can't bring myself to dislike him.

Outside of his one MVP at age 22 and his age 24 season where he had a really good year, he's been good not great and definitely not worth the money and/or hype he's received since he's been up in the majors.  Too inconsistent and injury prone for that type of money.  Washington dodged a bullet by him turning them down.