• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If you need something to perk you up (in Schadenfreude News)

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Sounds like exactly the kind of guy the Angels would take a flyer on. 

I think we would almost have to take a flyer on him, and hope for the bounceback. He won't be 28 until the middle of next season.  I would think differently if he were 34 or 35, and just looking for another big payday.  I think he would thrive in a batting order with Trout, Rendon, and Ohtani in it. 

3 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

I think we would almost have to take a flyer on him, and hope for the bounceback. He won't be 28 until the middle of next season.  I would think differently if he were 34 or 35, and just looking for another big payday.  I think he would thrive in a batting order with Trout, Rendon, and Ohtani in it. 

He was batting in the lineup that scored the most runs in MLB and didn't thrive. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I expect that to happen. I also would consider signing him to a one year prove it contract. I think if we spend this year it’ll be more in line with all the one year deals we’ve done in the past. So a Bellinger or Conforto type for LF. 

I loved Belli when he came up, despite being a Dodger but he's just never looked the same.  I know he was coming off of shoulder surgery but even his defense has cratered in the sense that he's gone from otherworldly to simply league average. Offensively he's just not right.. His walk rate has dropped four straight seasons while his K rate has increased every year.

Dunno how cheap he'd go, but he'd need to be really cheap in order to risk getting a guy who may not end up being an upgrade offensively

3 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

I would sign Bellinger in a hot second if the Dodgers non-tender him.  He plays great defense in CF or 1B, so there is the position flexibility.  

I feel that he will find his stroke again, this season he was coming off shoulder surgery.  

He's still a young player that is averaging 33 HR per season.  

Where are we going to find room in the line up for another .207 hitter?

We have No Vacancy.

No thank you.  Bellinger was carried by the rest of his team (except Muncy) and was a hot September from almost being left off the post season roster, according to Charley Steiner.

Hard pass.  

9 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Wow!  I didn't mean to start a firestorm.  IMO, Bellinger is going to spend all winter working on his swing, and I expect him to have a nice season next year, and in the seasons following.  

So what has he been doing the past few winters?

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Rehabbing shoulder and shining his MVP trophy, plus wondering how much he will get in arbitration. No halos will not offer him a contract.  He will end up signing with Pirates

I honestly forgot the Pirates even existed anymore.

11 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Rehabbing shoulder and shining his MVP trophy, plus wondering how much he will get in arbitration. No halos will not offer him a contract.  He will end up signing with Pirates

3 years to rehab a shoulder injury?

Did they amputate it?  Come on.

He had one good year in 2019.  The Volumes of baseball lore are filled with one year wonders.

He is one of many, and now he stinks.  Think Gary Matthews Jr with better defense.

Edited by PattyD22

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

3 years to rehab a shoulder injury?

Did they amputate it?  Come on.

He had one good year in 2019.  The annuls of baseball lore are filled with one year wonders.

He is one of many, and now he stinks.  Think Gary Matthews Jr with better defense.

No, he had one great year and two very good ones before that.  I admit it's a long shot that he'll return to his MVP form, but he's still young (just for a random comparison, he's almost 2 years younger than Taylor Ward) and somebody will definitely give him a shot.

10 minutes ago, stormngt said:

You guys want sure things but nothing is a sure thing.  An outfielder/1b seems like exactly what we need.

Nobody is asking for a sure thing. We just can't get excited about a guy who has put up an OPS+ of 64 since the beginning of 2021. (74 since 2020) He's basically become a defensive replacement.

20 minutes ago, stormngt said:

You guys want sure things but nothing is a sure thing.  An outfielder/1b seems like exactly what we need.

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

Nobody is asking for a sure thing. We just can't get excited about a guy who has put up an OPS+ of 64 since the beginning of 2021. (74 since 2020) He's basically become a defensive replacement.

I think the point is, with the budget this team is likely to have, they are going to have to bring in guys with a lot of issues and hope they work out. Look at last season, $20 mil and a second round pick for Syndergard - an amount that represents probably half of the teams budget this year. The players who are obvious solutions will be out of our price range. 

I'm not advocating for him, but Belinger was nearly a 2 war player last year, and he'll certainly get at least a ~$10 mil 'prove it' deal from someone next season. So the question is, what players in this price range are actual compelling?

1 hour ago, AngelStew43 said:

Wow!  I didn't mean to start a firestorm.  IMO, Bellinger is going to spend all winter working on his swing, and I expect him to have a nice season next year, and in the seasons following.  

Not sure what you mean by firestorm other than a guy like Belli is going to create conversation.

There's no chance the dogs keep him at his current rate.  He'll get non-tendered unless he and the team can work out a more economical deal in advance of that.  If he could be had on the cheap I'd consider it.  Like 6-7m with a team option for the following year.  If you're going to spend the effort to try and fix someone like that, it'd be nice to have a chance to get more out of it if you're able.