• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If you need something to perk you up (in Schadenfreude News)

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Guess which "superstar" is hitting .227/.355/.438 and is currently 56th in the majors in fWAR at 1.3?

Leads the majors in Ks, and struggling to catch up to FBs (39 Ks off FBs), still only 26.... Only 12 more years.....  Doesn't matter.  He will hit one 475 feet this week and ESPN will fawn all over him .... again.

45 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I’m honestly more concerned about Ohtani. He looks lost at the plate at times. He only has one job this season. 

21869B18-7920-4C98-8463-1B068559592E.jpeg

Of course you are.   

Just try to remind yourself he had zero spring training, didn't go on a rehab assignment and only saw simulated games before joining the team this month.  He's had all of what 70 at bats?   His K rate is down a little (good but mostly noise), his walk rate is static, but his Babip is 80 points below where it was last year...  So, it's early, there is possibly a luck issue and the peripherals aren't really worrisome yet.

He's also making the minimum and not 330 million guaranteed.

Edited by Inside Pitch

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Of course you are.   

Just try to remind yourself he had zero spring training, didn't go on a rehab assignment and only saw simulated games before joining the team this month.  He's had all of what 70 at bats?   His K rate is down a little (good with but mostly noise), his walk rate is static, but his Babip is 80 points below where it was last year...  So, it's early, there is possibly a luck issue and the peripherals aren't really worrisome yet.

He's also making the minimum and not 330 million guaranteed.

Well it’s a legit concern. He’s bailing out of the box so it’s more than just swinging late or early. I’m not knocking him, I’m more concerned than anything. 

3 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Well it’s a legit concern. He’s bailing out of the box so it’s more than just swinging late or early. I’m not knocking him, I’m more concerned than anything. 

Educate me a bit on what the legit concern is. 

Tell me how his "bailing out" is something significant other than a guy not yet at full speed.  I'm asking because I'm uncertain how you're using the term too.  I've seen people use it to both describe a swing follow through and a guy diving out of the box.   

How are you using the term?

I don't take delight in star players struggling. Our own GOAT kinda sucks right now. Bryce Harper will still inevitably do Bryce Harper things, which is suck for a couple months at a time, and then go on a hitting barrage for the next few months that remind everyone just how talented he is. 

The Trout vs Harper debate has ended. No need to justify the fact that Harper isn't the GOAT or take pleasure in his slumps.

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

I don't take delight in star players struggling. Our own GOAT kinda sucks right now. Bryce Harper will still inevitably do Bryce Harper things, which is suck for a couple months at a time, and then go on a hitting barrage for the next few months that remind everyone just how talented he is. 

The Trout vs Harper debate has ended. No need to justify the fact that Harper isn't the GOAT or take pleasure in his slumps.

Agreed!

Its silly to poke fun at the struggles of others (We love you Jerry Dipoto!!!).  Instead let's all work together to "Make AW.com Great Again!!!" .  Let's make certain we divert any conversations about struggling players on other teams back to the "legit concerns" of one of our own!   It doesn't matter if the subject has it's own thread already.. Do your part!!!  At least until AP does something historically noteworthy and it can be dismissed as meaningless or until Justin Upton comes back and the misguided criticism can really take over... 

light new years GIF by Faith Holland

*This message brought to you by the Canadians Against Angels org.

I hope Harper succeeds.  I think he's good for baseball.  He generates a lot of conversation for sure.  If he doesn't - it won't make much difference to me.  I do like to watch him play the game.  For me, he's one of the more entertaining players in the game (when he's going good).

Just now, yk9001 said:

So we've reached the annual point in the season where we are reduced to seeking pleasure in the misery of other players' misfortunes.

Yep that’s what it’s come to. But our glass house is standing tall. I wonder what Harper will be doing in October.