• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Simmons a trade candidate?

No way in hell you trade Simmons. The dude has turned into a 6-7 WAR player. Just give him a 4 year extension and be done with it. 

He already said in an interview in no uncertain terms he wants to stay and play with Trout. You don’t get rid of superstars that want to stay on your team. 

Im sure he would take a team friendly deal. Something along the lines of 4-60 or 5-70.

29 minutes ago, Bronson said:

No way in hell you trade Simmons. The dude has turned into a 6-7 WAR player. Just give him a 4 year extension and be done with it. 

He already said in an interview in no uncertain terms he wants to stay and play with Trout. You don’t get rid of superstars that want to stay on your team. 

Im sure he would take a team friendly deal. Something along the lines of 4-60 or 5-70.

Woot! There it is!

If there was a drink called "prospects" you all be drinking it until you were drunk

Simba is my second fave, for the last several years. Just a fun guy to watch.

But if the deal was right, id consider it.

Im not smart enough to know how soon they will help, or how good our current prospects are. But it comes down to if simmons' peak is likely to be part of the next wave or not.

If he is likely to dip once the next core hits, IMO, it makes more sense to get a piece for that era than the current one.

Just my 2 cents.

It was a dumb article with senseless trade proposals.  Anyone following the Angels knows that Simba is here for the duration.

Shortstop is one of the most difficult and significant position being played on the field.  Why would you trade someone of Simba's ability?  That is about as intelligent as trading Ozzie Smith because you can get some quality prospects.

35 minutes ago, Fish Oil said:

I agree with the "no way do you trade this guy" crowd, but what about San Diego? They seem like they are on the cusp, have a lot of prospects, and imagine his D playing next to Machado.

They're set at middle infield with Urias, Tatis, Machado and France.

I can’t imagine Eppler looking to trade Simba. Just looking at the totality of circumstances the team has faced since 2014 trying to get back to the playoffs: you don’t trade the best all around short stop in Major League Baseball to back load the truck with prospects. When  you have a player like Trout paired with Ohtani, add Simmons, not to mention Adell waiting in the wings, the last thing this team would do is trade  a player who’s playing arguably the toughest position on the field. You just don’t do it. It hurts the team even if you get 2-3 promising prospects. 

53 minutes ago, Fish Oil said:

I agree with the "no way do you trade this guy" crowd, but what about San Diego? They seem like they are on the cusp, have a lot of prospects, and imagine his D playing next to Machado.

They have the top SS prospect in the game in Tatis, who already looks fantastic in the MLB at the tender age of 20.  They are probably the last team who would trade for Simba.

6 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

MLB.com mentioned him as a player that could be traded (too lazy to find the link - someone posted it in another thread). The more I think about it, the more it kind of makes sense with Fletcher and Rengifo, not to mention Jones, Jackson, Soto, etc. Sure, He's a bonafide star shortstop. But he also has significant trade value, especially with 1.5 years left on his current--very club-friendly--contract (assuming he would get traded in July).

I'm not saying it will or should happen, but is worth considering - if someone offers a nice prospect package or a young high ceiling pitcher.

Discuss.

I give you points for creativity for sure.  I don't see it happening, as I think his defense is so amazing, and his savvy so tremendous, that he'll be a valuable player likely until his mid 30s, and someone we identify as part of our core as we move forward to our next window of contention.  

The only way I'd trade him is if we got an elite catching prospect (arguably the hardest position to fill well on the diamond) and a significant SP prospect.  The only team that I can think of really that would be able to fulfill that kind of trade demand would be the Dodgers, but they have Seager, so.. don't think we have a realistic trade partner.

My boys would be crushed if we got rid of Simba.  He’s a special talent, doubt we’d get the right return.  Who would give enough?  And what do you consider enough?    I’ve seen “legit 3B” posted, but who is that?  Seems like a trade down significantly defensively unless it’s a big name.  And if that’s the case why would the other team make that trade?  AND we’d want an arm too?  I don’t see it happening.  At least not what we’d consider fair value for losing a generational defender.

how bout no GIF

7 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I dunno man.  I think any team could use a guy like Andrelton Simmons.  In my mind he’s a championship type player. 

Thats kind of the hiccup. My feeling when we first aquired him. We needed pitching, and we needed prospects.

Simmons to me is like a final touch to a great roster...but thats not us.

I hope he retires from here. But if he landed impact pieces for the next core, in all honesty, that might be the best decision.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The secret is to volunteer to bring the napkins, plastic forks and ice cream sandwiches before theyre gone. Then you get stuck bringing the expensive stuff.

That's my strategy when selecting Christmas gifts off my nieces' and nephews' Christmas lists 

Simmons is one of those players that I think will have his best years in his early to mid 30’s. He’s a late bloomer for sure. 

So yeah you keep him. Idc what prospects we get. He’s a top 3 shortstop in all of baseball in his prime. You don’t trade that away when you have a team very close to contention.

And like others have said, his baseball IQ is off the charts. Also a great mentor for all our young infielders.

4 hours ago, Lou said:

That's my strategy when selecting Christmas gifts off my nieces' and nephews' Christmas lists 

“Tio Lou, here’s what we want for Christmas this year:

plastic forks

napkins

ice cream sandwiches

and a pony!”

”okay, kids, let me talk to Santa and see what he can do.”

I think it has to be for immediately ready top prospects or high ceiling guys that just made it to the show. How often do teams trade those types of players away. What does it say to Trout if it is for top notch A ball players that are 3 years from the majors? "Thanks for signing that contract! We're punting the next 2-3 years of your prime, hope you don't mind!" 

Terrible optics, even if smart on paper.