• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This depresses me.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Well he personally scouted him -- so he was SURE he was right..  and the smartest guy in the room is NEVER wrong.   Like when we drafted that sure fire HOF catcher and the draft room errupted.

This article and the quote is the definitive Dipoto moment for me -- always will be.. 

Jan 06, 2015 | 6:18 PM
https://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-angels-roberto-baldoquin-signing-20150106-story.html

"He's not a raw, let's-wait-and-see-how-this-turns-out projection," Dipoto said. "He looks like a major league player now. He needs a little time in the minor leagues to adjust to a new country, but he's a pretty mature kid. He has a skill set that is very well-balanced."

mister rogers middle finger GIF

Was just thinking about this earlier. The ward signing. And the excitement in the draft room. 

Baldoquin was bad, but the ripple effects were devastating. 

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

It depresses you that something that could have happened didn't happen? 

I am sorry you only have Trout, Ohtani, Simmons, Upton, Harvey, Cahill, and eventually Adell to watch. Things aren't as depressing as you make them out to be. 

jerk off motion bfd GIF

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's not a raw, let's-wait-and-see-how-this-turns-out projection," Dipoto said. "He looks like a major league player now. He needs a little time in the minor leagues to adjust to a new country, but he's a pretty mature kid. He has a skill set that is very well-balanced."

No one, not 29 other clubs, saw that....

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Great bargain signings by Eppler. Going to help us get to the post season and win. Once the weather heats back up it'll be golden. 

Ok, here is my explanation:

1.  The Angels needed pitching but not at the market rate for a multiyear contract.  That would have been a bad decision.

2.  The Angels have some young pitchers on the cusp of being brought up but are not sure of the exact time line.

3.  The Angels needed to convince a couple of pitchers to sign for one year, knowing that they would probably be traded at some point.  That does not come cheap.

4.  Cahil and Harvey both needed to demonstrate that they were still quality pitchers to convince some team to give them a multiyear contract.

No one is happy about their performance so having you bringing it up, again, and again, and again, and again, and again does not change the reality of the off season options.  I suspect that the overall plan was to hope they both pitch well enough to be traded to a contending team for some prospects.

I also suspect that if both pitchers had terrific years and Eppler traded them, some postersb would bitch about Eppler trading perfectly good pitchers for unproven prospects.

46 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Ok, here is my explanation:

1.  The Angels needed pitching but not at the market rate for a multiyear contract.  That would have been a bad decision.

2.  The Angels have some young pitchers on the cusp of being brought up but are not sure of the exact time line.

3.  The Angels needed to convince a couple of pitchers to sign for one year, knowing that they would probably be traded at some point.  That does not come cheap.

4.  Cahil and Harvey both needed to demonstrate that they were still quality pitchers to convince some team to give them a multiyear contract.

No one is happy about their performance so having you bringing it up, again, and again, and again, and again, and again does not change the reality of the off season options.  I suspect that the overall plan was to hope they both pitch well enough to be traded to a contending team for some prospects.

I also suspect that if both pitchers had terrific years and Eppler traded them, some postersb would bitch about Eppler trading perfectly good pitchers for unproven prospects.

I agree I think both Cahill and Harvey are great signings. They are going to turn it around and turn it around fast while leading this team to a division title. Weather is turning warmer that's when they will start making the rest of you believers. I am already a believer. Be excited Eligrba B excited.