• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019-2020 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

5 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

You don't think they would trade Rakell? What about for some over sized, over paid forward who scores 7 goals a season, fights, and goes into the hard places? You have to admit, Murray would be very tempted.

Wait 7 goals?  That's like 5 more goals than I'd expect.  Trade his ass.

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess not all Kings fans are bad.  My friend who is a big Kings fan, had a friend that didn't want a jersey anymore.  So they said they knew someone that would want it.  So as a Christmas/Birthday/all the abuse they gave me for being a Ducks fan, got me a year 1, CCM, Authentic Center Ice Collection, Size 48, Road Then/Purple Jersey.  Yeah, I'm pretty stoked.  

20 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So I guess not all Kings fans are bad.  My friend who is a big Kings fan, had a friend that didn't want a jersey anymore.  So they said they knew someone that would want it.  So as a Christmas/Birthday/all the abuse they gave me for being a Ducks fan, got me a year 1, CCM, Authentic Center Ice Collection, Size 48, Road Then/Purple Jersey.  Yeah, I'm pretty stoked.  

seize the goldbergs GIF by TV Land

I'm not sure I can blame Eakins.  He is bringing a fast pace hockey for us.  But we are now at the half way point.  So x2 of what our guys have already scored and we get.

The good:

• Silfverberg 56 points  Would be a career high.  Maybe I was wr, he doesn't suck as much.
  • Getzlaf 50 points 48 last year was a career low.  Let's face it, he old, but he's still the face and ours.
  • Rakell 50 points  Not going to dog him.  This is closer to his career norm.  Just expected so much more when he scored 69 3 seasons ago.
  • Henrique 41  Could be better.  But on the low end of his norm
  • Fowler 40  For a Dman not too bad.  Actually would match his rookie high.  
  • Lindholm 34  Again, not bad for a dman.  This would tie his career high
  • Grant 24.  He is what he is.  A solid 4C

Disappointing

• Kase 28  Really thought this was going to be his breakout year.  But it seems he might be just a bit overrated.
  • Steel 26.  Leading our young guys.  Really disappointing showing.  He's still young and can improve, but really expected much more from him
  • Ritchie 20 points.  See Kase.  He's regressing.
  • Comtois 27 points.  injuries have a play.  He's still young though.  
  • Rowney 18 points.  He is what he is.  4th line fodder.
  • Terry 16 points.  I think of the young guys, he might be the most disappointing.  He's been one of the higher hyped players.  Hopefully he can figure it out.
  • Jones 12 points.  Again, another young guy that just isn't cutting it.  
  • Larsson 8 points.  Our young Dman, but we need more.  The -8 isn't helping either.

I think half way through this season, it's pretty obvious we don't have that difference maker on D or O.  Hopefully Zegras will be that guy on O, but considering how the top rookies are doing this season, not holding my hopes up.  Murray has really built up a 2/3/4 line.  But his inability to get those difference makers is what is going to doom him.  

It sucks though, I can’t summon any enthusiasm for the team.  I don’t think they’re close at all.  I don’t find the games fun to watch.  Shitty. 

Ive been able to hang with the Angels when they’re bad.  Probably because of Trout and also because they threaten to do something exciting with free agency once in a while.  Also, AW.  

there’s just nothing with the Ducks.  Which is crazy because it felt so different a few years ago.  I guess we’ll see with Zegras. 

You know, if they're going to stick with this youth movement (which makes this effectively a rebuild), it's probably going to be 5years before we're a serious contender again.

And somewhere you still have to come up with at least 2 superstar caliber players. 

How long until the Samueli's realize Murray is their Scioscia.

On 1/3/2020 at 6:32 PM, gotbeer said:

I'm not sure I can blame Eakins.  He is bringing a fast pace hockey for us.  But we are now at the half way point.  So x2 of what our guys have already scored and we get.

The good:

• Silfverberg 56 points  Would be a career high.  Maybe I was wr, he doesn't suck as much.
  • Getzlaf 50 points 48 last year was a career low.  Let's face it, he old, but he's still the face and ours.
  • Rakell 50 points  Not going to dog him.  This is closer to his career norm.  Just expected so much more when he scored 69 3 seasons ago.
  • Henrique 41  Could be better.  But on the low end of his norm
  • Fowler 40  For a Dman not too bad.  Actually would match his rookie high.  
  • Lindholm 34  Again, not bad for a dman.  This would tie his career high
  • Grant 24.  He is what he is.  A solid 4C

Disappointing

• Kase 28  Really thought this was going to be his breakout year.  But it seems he might be just a bit overrated.
  • Steel 26.  Leading our young guys.  Really disappointing showing.  He's still young and can improve, but really expected much more from him
  • Ritchie 20 points.  See Kase.  He's regressing.
  • Comtois 27 points.  injuries have a play.  He's still young though.  
  • Rowney 18 points.  He is what he is.  4th line fodder.
  • Terry 16 points.  I think of the young guys, he might be the most disappointing.  He's been one of the higher hyped players.  Hopefully he can figure it out.
  • Jones 12 points.  Again, another young guy that just isn't cutting it.  
  • Larsson 8 points.  Our young Dman, but we need more.  The -8 isn't helping either.

I think half way through this season, it's pretty obvious we don't have that difference maker on D or O.  Hopefully Zegras will be that guy on O, but considering how the top rookies are doing this season, not holding my hopes up.  Murray has really built up a 2/3/4 line.  But his inability to get those difference makers is what is going to doom him.  

The Ducks are putting themselves in a solid position for the draft. We're due for some luck. If we can somehow get the #1 pick and get Lafreniere that would be huge. Zegras looks like the real deal. He actually looks like an elite talent. Steel, Terry, Jones, Comtois are all very talented guys and I think in the next year or 2 they'll significantly improve. None of them are elite level talents to lead the next gen like Getzlaf and Perry were. Zegras and Lafreniere could be those guys. Elite level guys that have impact right away when they hit the NHL. Not just rookies getting their feet wet. That's been the Ducks biggest problem. None of our rookies are true impact guys right from day 1. Not to say they won't be eventually.

If I'm GMBM I completely sell off at the deadline. Commit fully to the re-build for the rest of this season and next. Trade Henrique, Silf, Fowler, Manson. Silf's stock won't be higher than it is right now. Some say he could net a 1st rounder. Dumping those contracts frees up a lot of money we can use to sign key pieces in free agency. Mix that in with draft picks acquired and player progress. We'll be in a good spot. At least the Eakins Ducks are more entertaining to watch than the Carlyle Ducks.