• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019-2020 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

FA starts tomorrow.  Which Ducks will we get?

funny animals GIF

tired duck GIF

LOL!

You know Bob better than that. He's a serial diver. Like a serial killer the urge just builds and builds until the guy is about to explode. 

We should all be happy his explosive urge to dumpster dive only cost a 4th round pick. It could have been 3-4.million of our cap space.

Now that I said that, what are they paying this guy? It better be close to a million.

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I guess the reality is that most of these FA acquisitions won’t be great.  So glass half full ?

I look at it as all these teams are running out of cap space.  So we might be able to get players at or below market rate instead of inflated.  

But I still think we make a trade with the Leafs.  They still need to sign Marner and Ceci.   Rumor is Ceci is going to sign a one year $4.5 million.  So that would leave the Leafs with $5.5 million to sign Marner.  Kadri wouldn't be that bad of a consolation prize.  We really need someone with experience and semi decent to center the second line.  And when Kadri isn't Corey Perry'ing/Ryan Kesler'ing it, he could be pretty dominant.

21 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I look at it as all these teams are running out of cap space.  So we might be able to get players at or below market rate instead of inflated.  

But I still think we make a trade with the Leafs.  They still need to sign Marner and Ceci.   Rumor is Ceci is going to sign a one year $4.5 million.  So that would leave the Leafs with $5.5 million to sign Marner.  Kadri wouldn't be that bad of a consolation prize.  We really need someone with experience and semi decent to center the second line.  And when Kadri isn't Corey Perry'ing/Ryan Kesler'ing it, he could be pretty dominant.

I’ve said for years that I think that the Ducks should be interested in Kadri.  Bob’s kind of player and a guy that actually is quite high end in terms of skill.  He’s just out of a role in Toronto.  He’d be a really nice addition.  Still only 28 also. 

And just in case you were wondering.  FA forwards, still in their 20's, that had at least 0.5 P/G last season.  They are all left handed shots, so should go well with Silfverberg and his right handed shot.

Marcus Johansson (28) C/W, 30 pts, 58 g, 49 cf/ff (career average)

Anders Lee (28) C, 51 pts, 82 g, 51 cf/ff

Ryan Dzingel  (27) C, 56 pts, 78 g, 47 cf/ff

Michael Ferland (27) LW, 40 pts, 71 g, 51 cf/50 ff

Edited by gotbeer

Interesting.  The Ducks sign Daryl Sutter as special advisor to the coaching staff.  

In a way, this might be good for the team.  We all know Eakins biggest shortcoming is defense.  He's an offense, and offense all the time type coach.  Maybe Sutter is to help on the defensive side?  

The Ducks aren’t going to do shit.  

And im not really thrilled about Sutter coming in.  He was out of the league because of his failure to adjust to the way the game is played now.  So, between the slug from Montreal and Sutter.  It makes me suspect that Bob still doesn’t get it.  There are good things about Bob Murray but I still say the Ducks need a new voice in the GM chair. 

Also, I’m annoyed that they just walked Megna and he never really got much of a shot.  I also wasn’t happy they got rid Dotchin.  Neither guy got much of a shot.  Which is shit because the Ducks defense has been trash.  It just feels like they’re prioritizing the wrong things. 

• 3 weeks later...

Read an article before that mentioned Eakins is the one who wanted Sutter brought in, that he wants his expertise to bounce ideas off of etc. He will help Eakins develop a better defensive system.

Also have heard before that Dotchin has had off the ice issues that have been why he was sometimes scratched before for no reason, his off the ice issues likely why he is gone.

Also gotten vibe that the players knew Eakins was gonna eventually replace Carlyle but wanted Carlyle out sooner.

Hearing Hampus Lindholm describe Eakins and how much he likes the new systems of Eakins to play in, how he gets along with the players so well and stuff like that, it leaves the impression he thinks Carlyle was an idiot and was not well liked by the players. Sounds like Lindholm likes Eakins already, the players liked Coach Murray better too which only illustrated how outdated Carlyle was