• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019-2020 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

17 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Lol. They should make this the slogan for next season.

I’m sure I’ll change my tune once the season rolls around but right now I’m so frustrated with the team.  I’m not sure why I should give a shit when the organization apparently doesn’t.  I don’t expect for them to be serious cup contenders this year but they literally didn’t do anything.  The defense fuc*king blows.  

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m sure I’ll change my tune once the season rolls around but right now I’m so frustrated with the team.  I’m not sure why I should give a shit when the organization apparently doesn’t.  I don’t expect for them to be serious cup contenders this year but they literally didn’t do anything.  The defense fuc*king blows.  

I have a feeling the plan is to go young, and that means we are in a rebuild.  They just don't want to officially say we are in a rebuild.  

The Seattle expansion draft will be interesting.  I can really see the ducks protecting the following, Rakell, Kase, Terry, Steel, Jones, Comtois, Ludestrom.  Larsson, Mahura, Fowler.  Gibson.  And the only reason for Fowler is that he is pretty big in the community and is signed long term.  Although that can change with his injury history quick.  I just can't find another young Dman to protect right now.   And of course some of those young one's might not be eligible which means we could protect someone else.  

Let Seattle chose between Rico (31 when the draft occurs), Lindholm (27), Silfverberg (30), Manson (29), Kesler, and Ritchie (25).  My guess is between Rico and Silfverberg because they aren't horrible, and will have 3 years control.  Lindholm and Manson with be a UFA in a year after the draft.  Ritchie will be at draft RFA.  

On 7/30/2019 at 8:06 PM, gotbeer said:

I have a feeling the plan is to go young, and that means we are in a rebuild.  They just don't want to officially say we are in a rebuild.  

The Seattle expansion draft will be interesting.  I can really see the ducks protecting the following, Rakell, Kase, Terry, Steel, Jones, Comtois, Ludestrom.  Larsson, Mahura, Fowler.  Gibson.  And the only reason for Fowler is that he is pretty big in the community and is signed long term.  Although that can change with his injury history quick.  I just can't find another young Dman to protect right now.   And of course some of those young one's might not be eligible which means we could protect someone else.  

Let Seattle chose between Rico (31 when the draft occurs), Lindholm (27), Silfverberg (30), Manson (29), Kesler, and Ritchie (25).  My guess is between Rico and Silfverberg because they aren't horrible, and will have 3 years control.  Lindholm and Manson with be a UFA in a year after the draft.  Ritchie will be at draft RFA.  

Fowler is more likely to be exposed than Lindholm by a pretty big margin especially because of Fowler's overpaid contract.

The advanced stats say Fowler is not worth protecting over Lindholm, the generic stats say it, there is no reason why they'd choose Fowler over Lindholm unless Murray went senile & has dementia.

Fowler did nothing better than Lindholm last season. Not on the PP, not on PK, not on 5 on 5, nothing.

Lindholm was used in defensive zone starts 59% of the time and his CF% was still superior to Fowlers despite Fowler being used in 53% of offensive zone starts(Fowler was sheltered somewhat).

Fowler was predictable on the PP, teams defend against the pass & allow Fowler to shoot because they are not afraid of his shot, he's gone back to firing muffin shots that seem to only hit the shin pads of other teams Dmen.

10 minutes ago, Pujols4MVP said:

Fowler is more likely to be exposed than Lindholm by a pretty big margin especially because of Fowler's overpaid contract.

The advanced stats say Fowler is not worth protecting over Lindholm, the generic stats say it, there is no reason why they'd choose Fowler over Lindholm unless Murray went senile & has dementia.

Fowler did nothing better than Lindholm last season. Not on the PP, not on PK, not on 5 on 5, nothing.

Lindholm was used in defensive zone starts 59% of the time and his CF% was still superior to Fowlers despite Fowler being used in 53% of offensive zone starts(Fowler was sheltered somewhat).

Fowler was predictable on the PP, teams defend against the pass & allow Fowler to shoot because they are not afraid of his shot, he's gone back to firing muffin shots that seem to only hit the shin pads of other teams Dmen.

It could be Lindholm.  It's the FA'cy that may scare the Ducks away.  I guess in a way it will all depend on how Larsson, Mahura and even Guhle.  How they develop over the next season and a half.  If they are everything we hope, then we might not need to protect any of our older Dmen.  

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, deepdrive said:

So, is anyone waking up yet. Two weeks. 

I've been awake all offseason.  But I've been bored as hell.  Man, quiet would be an understatement for the Ducks.  

The RFA's for other teams has me interested.  But with the inaction, they are boring as hell also.

I was able to watch the first period of the Rookie Faceoff last night.  Not too bad.  Much quicker transition game with a lot of in motion passing.  They reminded me a lot of how Vegas moves the puck around quickly.  Also what I liked is the two goals in the first were really blue collar goals.  First by Jones, he was parked in front and got the rebound.  Kind of like a vintage Perry, hint hint, maybe going that direction to fill the slot next to Ricky and the Capt.  Second was a tip in by Comtois after he parked in the front of the net.  Just IMO, but this is the one thing that was lacking last season under Fatty 2.0, people going to the net.  So if this is any indication of what's to come for the Ducks.  It'll be a fun season.  Sherwood and Steel also scored, with Steels coming on a PP.  

Oh, and the new practice facility looks amazing.  

Thoughts?

NHL Rumors: Will Justin Faulk Waive His NTC And Sign An Extension With The Anaheim Ducks?

Justin Faulk

Just some thoughts. 

Pros.  RH defense.  Would go well with Fowlers LH.  27.  So still young.  But has been in the league since he was 19, so a veteran.  Has averaged over 22 minutes a game.  Has been a +50 CF and FF since he was 22.  

Cons.  UFA after this season.  (Extension is probably a must for the Ducks)  We are on his no trade list.  Rumor's are they want Kase as part of the deal.  He doesn't score much (30 point range) and is a - on the +/- for most of his career.  

If they do trade Kase and get Faulk.  The D would be Manson/Lindholm and Fowler/Faulk.  Which is a good veteran D.  It would probably also mean that the second line would be Rico/Silfverberg (RH)/Ritchie (LH).  Which might not be too bad, because you have the combination I like in a line in a playmaker/shooter/and meat for the front of the net.  It would though mean a young 3rd and 4th line.  But it might be sink or swim time for the likes of Terry, Steel, Sprong, Sherwood, and Jones.  With a few more young one's knocking on the door.  

Looking at it more.  I don't ilke a Faulk for Kase straight up.  Reason is Carolina is in a cap crunch, and Kase seems high to help them out.  Carolina IMO needs to add another person.  My first choice would be Wallmark.  First of all, he's a Swede.  He's also 23, so young and in the RFA stage.  Last season 28 points in 81 games with a 54 in CF and FF.  Year before, 55 pts in 45 games at the AHL level.  Other young are Foegele, but not as good of numbers.  On the more expensive route, McGinn and Martinook.  But both seem to be topped out at 20-30 pts a season.  

Was only able to watch the first period.  Even though they were down 2-0, they didn't look bad.  They were passing a lot better.  Finding the open man.  If the man wasn't open in front of them, they were passing back.  And mainly the kids came back and won the game 4-3.  Not a bad way to open the preseason, without the top line.  

This Laine situation is getting almost toxic.  Ducks should step in and try and get him.  Because, I mean, we do have bad luck getting players from Winnipeg that are from Finland and are just a flash in the pan.  It would be a big win for the offseason, if we could get him at a discount.

BTW.  Last nights game showed why it might be better to trade Kase now while is value is high than keep him.  I know we need scoring, and he's growing legit.  But he still skates full throttle, and there were times last night when he was going hard into the boards.  I thought one move in particular looked like a high shot to the head area.  And that's not good for someone that has concussion issues.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

BTW.  Last nights game showed why it might be better to trade Kase now while is value is high than keep him.  I know we need scoring, and he's growing legit.  But he still skates full throttle, and there were times last night when he was going hard into the boards.  I thought one move in particular looked like a high shot to the head area.  And that's not good for someone that has concussion issues.

Yeah, he doesn’t seem to protect himself enough. Maybe part of the reason a 5th (?) round pick has exceeded expectations so much.  

I get why the Ducks would be willing to part with him. It’s just hard to lose any scoring off this team.

Went to the Gulls/Rein game last night.  Overall, it was a fun game.  We lost, but I thought we played a lot better than them.  De Leo and Sherwood were the only two names I recognized that I thought had a shot at making the big club.  Both had good games.  Overall, the Gulls moved the puck really well.  The times they were getting in trouble was when they were holding the puck too long.  Of all the players though, Ruggiero stood out for me.  Guy is just a massive presence, and players were bouncing off of him, and he was putting the hurt on.  Oh, and the game started with a fight.  So yeah, they don't like each other.  Crowd was good.  They filled up two levels, and eventually opened up the top level.