• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019-2020 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

As expected, this was the clunker.  2-2 is not horrible on this road trip, but we should have won the one in Detroit.  I'm also a little concerned that Getzlaf has kind of disappeared.  But one thing I do like is that Eakins is spreading the game time around.  You don't have one or two lines with huge minutes.

Pretty good comeback from our boys down 2-0 to a young hot team to give them their first loss of the year.  Once they were down 2-0 I really thought the flood gates were open and flashbacks of last year started creeping in.  Man, this team will be interesting at the trading deadline with about $15 million (after the LTIR) to play with.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Pretty good comeback from our boys down 2-0 to a young hot team to give them their first loss of the year.  Once they were down 2-0 I really thought the flood gates were open and flashbacks of last year started creeping in.  Man, this team will be interesting at the trading deadline with about $15 million (after the LTIR) to play with.

The Sabres lost their cool after Rowney's hit on Olofsson.  They were never able to regain their composure.  Great win last night.

I know it was Eichel that went around Manson like he wasn't there. And in Pittsburgh, it was Crosby who made him look foolish. But, you get into the playoffs and these are the kind of guys you're going to face. What is he making? Close to 6M a year? 

Right now, I'd take the new Holzer over Josh. I'd say Grant ( who makes what? about 1M?) has about as much value to the Ducks as him.

They paid him thinking he was going to continue to improve (I guess). Maybe some too because he was a physical force. But, he's backed off on that(I don't blame him , but...). The guy is #4 on a top 4 of any decent team or #5.

~6M a year. Another bad contract to work through.

10 hours ago, deepdrive said:

I know it was Eichel that went around Manson like he wasn't there. And in Pittsburgh, it was Crosby who made him look foolish. But, you get into the playoffs and these are the kind of guys you're going to face. What is he making? Close to 6M a year? 

Right now, I'd take the new Holzer over Josh. I'd say Grant ( who makes what? about 1M?) has about as much value to the Ducks as him.

They paid him thinking he was going to continue to improve (I guess). Maybe some too because he was a physical force. But, he's backed off on that(I don't blame him , but...). The guy is #4 on a top 4 of any decent team or #5.

~6M a year. Another bad contract to work through.

The biggest problem with this team is they still take stupid penalties.  That play of Eichel, Manson should have taken a penalty instead of trying to not take a penalty.  And I think that's the problem, you have players that take the stupid penalty against the number one penalty scoring team in the NHL, the coaches are screaming to stop being dumbshits, and players then go in a shell.  

I still like Manson over Lindholm, no matter what the stats say, and still think at $4.1 million Manson is a great value (not $6 million, only Fowler is at $6.5).  Because to me, Lindholm is soft and is taken more advantage of.  

Also, the one good thing about Eakins so far this season is that he's been spreading the minutes.  Defensemen, top 4 are averaging 19-21.5 minutes, and even the bottom 2 are in the 16 minute range.  Omen high is ricky and Silfverberg at just under 18 minutes.  But the next group is in the 16 minutes, and everyone else is in the 15-14 range.  If I remember right, last season the top 2 D lines were getting like 22 and higher like 25 minutes, with the bottom pair barely getting 12-13 minutes.  And I think the Getz line was seeing 20 minute games on a regular basis.