• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019-2020 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

On 3/12/2020 at 2:18 PM, gotbeer said:

So, since the season is suspended.  Does this mean we get the #5 pick?  Or I should say from #1 to no worse than #8?

My bet is that's the most probable path. I think the big question is if they go with the 24 team playoff being floated, do teams 17-24 retain their chances at #1. Or, ...?

• 2 weeks later...

I wish he was 2-3 inches taller. But if he was, I doubt he would have been around when our draft slot came up.

Kind of thankful the stoppage happened in a bad Ducks season. It's a lot easier than having a playoff team. 

Any guesses when the regular season gets called off. It has to be pretty soon.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

I wish he was 2-3 inches taller. But if he was, I doubt he would have been around when our draft slot came up.

Kind of thankful the stoppage happened in a bad Ducks season. It's a lot easier than having a playoff team. 

Any guesses when the regular season gets called off. It has to be pretty soon.

Yeah, has to be soon.  The worry I have heard, which is legitimate, is that if hockey is played July, August.  The ice conditions will be tough to play on.  

Also one rumor is if the regular season gets canceled, they making a every team playoff tournament.  Hopefully not, because teams may tank just to get playoff spots.  Or at least the lottery teams are locked in regardless of when the Ducks win the tournament.

• 1 month later...

I wonder what Bob's assessment of Bob is.

Let's see, we've replaced a lot of players in the last decade (Bob's choices); we've replaced the coach 3 times (Bob's choices). What hasn't been tried that might make a big difference? Any ideas Bob? Is there one person you can think of who might be the most responsible for the teams performance over the last decade?

No ideas. Well, maybe we should phone a friend and ask Burke what he thinks.

Actually, he's a better than average GM. He just has quirks that keep him from being anything special. I could make a list. But read through the posts in this thread and they will be pretty clear.

All of this makes it kind of a joke when he starts calling coaches and players out in the media. He should fix some of his own problems if he wants to make the Ducks a better team.

I've said it before. If Bob was the owner, he would have fired Bob the GM awhile ago.

@arch stanton  I just am not sold on Lafreniere.  I saw his WJC highlights, and he's good.  But doesn't seem like a game changer.  

Also I'm wondering if we look back on this draft class as a whole, if there will be a lot of gems and possibly the best players picked later in the rounds.  It seems a lot of the scouting tournaments and college were canceled due to the Rona.  So players could have developed or regressed, and the scouts would only have old looks to go on.  

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I don't know. Everyone I've heard thinks he'll be a stud. I love Eichel but I think it takes more than just that draft pick to get him and you'd be competing against teams that want to  compete right away

I agree it will take more than the #1.  But the #1 is big.  But looking at this, (fansided says their 5 trade scenarios are) it might not take much more.  

Hurricanes:  Neiderreiter, 2020 1st round pick, Trocheck

Lightning:  Point, McDonough, 2021 or 2022 first round pick

Lightning:  Johnson, McDonough, 2021 or 2022 first round pick

Flyers:  Gostibehere, Couturier, 2020, 2021 or 2022 first round pick

Canadians:  Domi, 2020 second round pick

Oilers:  Nugent-Hopkins, 2020 or 2021 first round pick, Athanasiou, Manning

Most are pretty bad.  At least the Lightning is offering Point and the Oilers Nugent-Hopkins.  All the first's are going to be late round picks.  #1 overall, Backes (for salary purposes), and a young non critical player or a 2021 second round pick (I wouldn't include this year, because if we win the lottery, that second rounder is first up).  

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Troy Terry got extended. 

Watch, Murray will trade Terry and a first rounder to Seattle so that they don't touch anyone else.  

It really does make you wonder who is going to be protected in the draft.  Only sure thing is Gibson and Zegras won't be eligible.