• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019-2020 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

I like what Eakins has changed as a coach. I like this team. But, talent wise we're average in this league. 

Too good as a team (talent and character) to get a high draft pick; not good enough to do much even if we manage to get into the playoffs. The quintisential Minnesota team.

I think if Murray was Murray's boss, he would have fired him awhile ago.

• 2 weeks later...

A week without a post. I hope we all haven't given up on our team.

6th place in the race for the top pick.

On the plus side (and a big plus), they're a lot more fun to watch this year than last. There have been some really good games. Loved the Washington game. Looking forward to the Ritchie v. Gudas next year.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

A week without a post. I hope we all haven't given up on our team.

6th place in the race for the top pick.

On the plus side (and a big plus), they're a lot more fun to watch this year than last. There have been some really good games. Loved the Washington game. Looking forward to the Ritchie v. Gudas next year.

I got tired of talking to myself.  Which is surprising, since I do that a lot.  

Definitely more fun than last year.  But it looks like we need an impact player.  On both sides of the puck.  Actually the D part shows how much Manson really is needed.  

Silfverberg is actually proving me wrong and having quite a good season so far.  The young guns are kind of disappointing in that I thought one of them would really break out.  

3 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Yeah, we need that guy who's offensive ability worries the opposition. A guy like that can up the game of others on your team. Nothing scary about the Ducks right now.

Getzlaf is the closest we have.  But he's more of a solid veteran than anything else.  He's like a Marleau or Thorton.  Past the prime, but still a solid contributor.  

I know this is bordering on Treasonous.  But Kane?  After this season, 3 years/$10.5 million left.  

17 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Kane reminds me too much of Bobby Ryan. I would prefer Laine.

I wouldn't mind Laine also.  But the Jets are in the playoff hunt, he's young, and still 2 years till RFA.  Although the Jets may have cap issues soon, but I believe (I don't follow anyone but the Ducks really so can't say for certain) that their big weakness is defense.  For God's sake, they claimed Sibsa and are actually playing him.  So maybe a young dman as the centerpiece?

34 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I wouldn't mind Laine also.  But the Jets are in the playoff hunt, he's young, and still 2 years till RFA.  Although the Jets may have cap issues soon, but I believe (I don't follow anyone but the Ducks really so can't say for certain) that their big weakness is defense.  For God's sake, they claimed Sibsa and are actually playing him.  So maybe a young dman as the centerpiece?

After they traded Trouba away then Byfuglien decided to be a bitch and left them pretty much hosed on D. I bet one of Laine or Connor could be had for a D-man who can move the puck