• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tommy La Stella

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'm ok with giving a guy some slack at the plate but he's already made a couple of miscues on defense and he's just looks awkward.  Where as Fletcher is so good defensively that he's actually fun to watch.  

Yep. Had a great ab for his first hit on the season too. He better start the next two games. 

F that Stella girl. 

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Yeah, I think this is an Eppler miss but it’s an easy fix. La Stella is not an everyday player or a defensive replacement/utility player. He’s a lefty pinch hitter off the bench. That’s it. Fletcher should be and will be the guy for now. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rengifo is our ED at 2B by July. 

uh what?

I was going to make a joke using the Interpol song Stella that was likely to fall flat because, yeah, probably not a band that would be popular around here. 

Then I read the lyrics, and, uh, nevermind. 

Edited by 101halo

Not sure why people thought La Stella should receive significant playing time.  Fletcher needs to be given the vast majority of PT in front of La Stella.  In less than half a season Fletcher has a higher career WAR than La Stella.  There is also no doubt on the huge defensive advantage that Fletcher brings to the field.  Fletcher had a solid Spring, La Stella, not so much.  Let David play.  Tommy can come off the bench as a lefty pinch hitter or spell Bour or Pujols at 1B late in a blowout.