• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who else took the day off for opening day?

Chuck

This will be like the 20th year I've scheduled a PTO day on opening day. Drink my own cocktails and beer, eat my own snacks and watch the game on my 70 incher w/ surround sound. Best seat in town for opening day so I can check out all of the games and not drop $100-$200 at the sports bar.

Just in case you forgot to schedule this day off, MLB's got you.

FB_IMG_1553744418693.jpg

Someone in the LA County Sheriff's Dept. had some fun with this one:

I have a webinar for an hour at 11am, then I am going to watch the pregame and then the game. Unfortunately I might have to pause the game for an hour for a possible conference call with someone who's in Melbourne Australia which is 18hrs ahead of me. Still don't know if the call is going on for sure Thursday, or if we'll postpone it to sometime Friday afternoon, but I'm not going to complain about moving the call to Friday!

My intentions are to sit in my chair and watch the game in comfort; however, one never knows when I might receive a call informing me of a scheduled flight to some unknown destination. My employer tends to push the panic button rather easily and has even woken me in the night with "hurry to LAX." 

Glad to see this year we actually have Opening DAY. That was always my favorite. Especially living in So. Cal. where the weather is nice. 

I had a buddy who lived in Anaheim (RIP) and we would congregate at his house for a few beers then head over to the stadium.

Every other year either the Angels or Dodgers would open at home, so Opening Day at the ballpark was an annual tradition.

Good times.

Is it weird though, that the Angels have opened on the road against OAK three years in a row?