• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Interesting tidbits on cost/hassles of attending a major league game

yk9001

2 hours ago, aznhockeyguy said:

The main reason I don't go to games is all of the above.  When parking is just as much if not more than the ticket for the game F*** that.  I blame greedy owners trying to nickel and dime everyone.  Traffic is a nightmare, but mainly it's the cost. 

Its funny. I do one of two things at the game.

A. I get hooked up seats in the diamond club. Then i spend the game in the bar, watching the game on tv instead of behind me.

B. I get cheapest seats possible, then head to the bar on the 3rd level, and watch the game on tv instead of behind me.

Im starting to wonder why i even go to the games, to be honest.

And the reality is i go to the bar, so i dont have to fight crowds for a drink and something to eat, or get up and walk forever to a bathroom.

And i havent parked at the stadium in years. Uber all the way. Rather pay double for uber than fight traffic on the way out. 

43 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

its irresponsible to pay for parking anywhere unless you make 7 figures a year

Yes that 10-20 dollars for parking is such a hassle ?. If you can’t afford to park at the game probably shouldn’t be going to the game. Also it’s really easy to park at Noble and walk across or take the train. 

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Yes that 10-20 dollars for parking is such a hassle ?. If you can’t afford to park at the game probably shouldn’t be going to the game. Also it’s really easy to park at Noble and walk across or take the train. 

No, it’s just absurd to waste money on parking. It’s unnecessary. I’ve never paid for parking in my life at Angels Stadium. I’m not poor. I just would rather have the 15 bucks in my pocket.

and I kind of think you’re crazy if you’re middle class and still choose to pay to park every time you go to an event

4 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

No, it’s just absurd to waste money on parking. It’s unnecessary. I’ve never paid for parking in my life at Angels Stadium. I’m not poor. I just would rather have the 15 bucks in my pocket.

and I kind of think you’re crazy if you’re middle class and still choose to pay to park every time you go to an event

Have you ever brought a five year old?  A grandmother?

"Grease up that walker, Granny!  I've got a lifelong streak not paying for parking, and I'm not about to start now."

So where do you park?  Didn't realize there was so much free parking around Angel Stadium.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Have you ever brought a five year old?  A grandmother?

"Grease up that walker, Granny!  I've got a lifelong streak not paying for parking, and I'm not about to start now."

So where do you park?  Didn't realize there was so much free parking around Angel Stadium.

Don’t have kids and never brought my grandma. I park at the Microbrewery think it’s called Noble Ale or something like that. Easy walk and great parking options

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Ok, I don’t make a million dollars a year.  I do make good money.  I do some smart things with my money so I can also do some dumb things with my money later.  

That’s good

I’m more talking about the people who pay for shit like parking and then wonder why they don’t have extra money left over to invest at the end of the year.

i have several friends who fall into this category

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

I guess they could reduce payroll so players cap out at a million a year, then we can go back to 1980 ticket pricing.

I don't blame players, I blame owners.  Most owners make enough money off of TV deals and sponsorships to pay the players.  They do it because they can.  Unless people stop showing up to where it's like Marlins level, baseball owners will keep doing this to the fans that go to the stadium. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

After spending the game at the bar drinking you damn well better not be driving. 

:P

Thats the other part. Uber made what was a somewhat lazy and occasional beer drinker into a professional turd slash alcoholic out of me.

So i thank them for that.

But seriously, parking at the stadium is like 15 bucks. I pay Uber 30 give or take to and from, can drink several watered down beers, then happily tinder swipe as someone else drives my drunk ass home in a prius, without a care in the world (except usually the bullpen).

3 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

That’s good

I’m more talking about the people who pay for shit like parking and then wonder why they don’t have extra money left over to invest at the end of the year.

i have several friends who fall into this category

They should probably scale back on their daily Starbucks addiction instead.