• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels rotation

2 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

It was the reality the second they set the budget at what they did and made Harvey and Cahill the big acquisitions. It’s being generous to say they improved at all this offseason, other than the prospects being a year older. Harvey is basically a Garrett Richards-clone and Cahill gives you 125 innings of 4 ERA ball if you’re lucky. The board has convinced themselves that they addressed needs but I struggle to see it. Same gaping holes at 3B, 2B, front of the rotation, possibly C and RF too

the only acquisitions I’m a fan of are Bour and Allen. Everything else points to a write off year where we are waiting for prospects to be ready(2020)

so we can argue over whether they win 77 games or 84 games or somewhere in between but the end result is very likely to be missing the playoffs.

all im saying is they better have a plan in place to improve the rotation next offseason. Because help from the farm is arguably only coming to the lineup. We lack pitching prospects with upside

I agree they haven't upgraded the team that much.  The biggest upgrade would be for the rotation to stay healthy for the season.  Personally, I'd still like to see the Angels get Keuchel for the rotation.

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

They are working on a few things and missing some spots, but the ball is coming out of their hands really well.

There have been a few hiccups, but you just gotta turn the page when you see flies in the ointment.

It's early.

You guys reaching for the low-hanging fruit really need to get some new material -- the usual target/suspect for those catch-phrases is no longer around.    Troll away but, it's time for some original stuff.

3 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

This is what kills me.  That the Angels are content going into the season with an over-under of 84ish wins being a realistic goal.  I understand there just weren't that many realistic options out there in FA land this off-season for them, but it just feels like 2019 is going to be another year of wasting Trout.  The Angels are going to need to be healthier than the last few years and have some luck go their way. 

The seeds for wasting Trout were planted long ago... now they are riding out the storm/playing the long game.  It's painful but anyone believing they would do all the things necessary to be a legit threat to the Astros or more than a "contender" for a playoff spot was deluding themselves, or they missed it when the team spent wildly and guaranteed themselves nothing.   People can call them cheap, lazy, whatever -- but, at least the current front office isn't delusional.   Whether the long term strategy costs them Trout or not at this point...  nobody knows, but here's hoping when it's all said and done the Angels are back to winning games..  sooner rather than later.

Anyway I agree with you 100% they'll need to be a lot healthier, catch some breaks, and hopefully see someone come up from the minors and make an impact of some kind.   

Keuchel could have signed a long time ago if he were willing to take a deal most think reasonable.  

Lots of pitchers reportedly having injury issues so he and Boras are waiting it out in order to get that 4th year.  

still in the no thank you camp.  Again, a better option isn't always a good option.

And that also lends to what @Inside Pitch pitch mentioned.  I think this front office knows what this team is and knows what they want them to be/should be.  I believe that compromising on the latter is where you end up with players that weren't your primary target but available and somewhat fill a need.  Don't stretch with multi-year deals for mediocre players.  

47 minutes ago, RBM said:

“I really wish we still had Vinny Pestano instead of Mike Clevinger.”

- Said by nobody, ever. And by ever I mean never, ever including any of the alternate universes. 

Edit: Clevinger is pitching a perfect game through three innings vs. the Angels. Vinnie is on the water slides with his kids at Raging Waters. 

But Vinny is perfect through 7 cycles on the Cowabunga Plunge. That’s superhuman waterparking, right there. 

On 3/14/2019 at 6:50 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

Well all hell broke loose with their rotation last year and they won 80 games. 

Reality is the reasonable over-under for this team is probably 84ish wins. Obviously that’s not great, but it is within reasonable range of a playoff spot when the primary competition is the Rays and Twins. 

You think the A's are going to come back down to earth then?

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds