• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels rotation

3 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Better hope Canning is ready to make an impact this season, because his number will be called by May

This isn't encouraging.

2019 Spring Training

Year Tm Age GS W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP H9 HR9 BB9 SO9 SO/W OppQual
2019 LAA 23 1 0 1 .000 13.50 3 1 0 0 0 0 4.0 5 6 6 1 5 0 3 0 0 0 22 2.500 11.3 2.3 11.3 6.8 0.60 7.8

1 hour ago, Lou said:

if we're going to (over)spend, I'd rather we do it for Kimbrel. 

Not Eppler’s style but I guess he might....if he is going to overspend, can’t see it on a reliever, given how he’s approached them in the past....Allen surprised me a little but a one year deal of course....

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

Not Eppler’s style but I guess he might....if he is going to overspend, can’t see it on a reliever, given how he’s approached them in the past....Allen surprised me a little but a one year deal of course....

I agree 

42 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Sign one of Edwin Jackson or Gio Gonzalez, or hell, just go after Keuchel. This is getting stupid. 

Jackson is trash.  Last years limited success doesn't change that.  Gio or Keuchel are who the Angels need to get.  Neither one are perfect options, but they are historically durable and have been good pitchers over the years.  Even with the pick attached, I think it is time to sign Dallas if you can get him for 2 or 3 years at a lower price. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

which teams don't have any concern regarding their rotation?

Kind of an easy question to answer. ANY concern? Zero teams dont have ANY concern, of course. 

There are teams with only a MARGINAL concern.

A rotation doesnt exist in a vacuum. Some teams have rotations and bullpens that, given their lineup, they have MARGINAL concern that their rotation will give up more runs than they will score or limit, late in the game. I would say the Nationals, Yankees, Red Sox, Astros, Dodgers fall into this camp. Maybe the Brewers and the A's. 

The Angels do not, IMO.

It will be interesting to see if any more teams opt for the "opener" strategy. I wonder if the Rays will continue this, or whether it was just a function of losing traditional starters.

Hey, when Ohtani is ready to pitch again, if we agree to limit him to no more than three innings a start, could we maybe, just maybe, get him to hit more that 3-4 times a week?

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

lmao groundhogs day. God this shit is annoying

It’s pretty bad.  Maybe the organization should stop depending on a pitching staff of 3/4 injury  prone starters not getting injured.  Just dumb as fu*ck.  We’ll see what comes of this “minor” set back. 

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I really hope we get some career years out of our guys like the A's and other playoff teams did last year. 

Luck has to be swinging in our direction soon, right?

Lol, uhh the evidence is that no, luck is not going to swing our way.