• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is there anyone who actually wants Trout gone when its time?

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

That's a stretch.

You want to argue it, that's fine.  Maybe a bit of hyperbole. 

It was a tight game and Sosh kept wanting AK to bunt, and AK kept hitting home runs.

They lose that game, and it's back to two in Minnesota.  What's the Angels history in just having to win one of the final two games on the road in the ALCS to make it to the World Series?

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Miguel Cabrera says hi.

As monkey said, the book is still out. But yeah, it looks like he's in serious decline. But will he decline as drastically as Albert? Unlikely. The vast majority of of players who are truly great in their 20s remain at least pretty good deep into their 30s. 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Vaughn says Moo?

Vaughn wasn't "truly great" like Pujols or Trout. There are plenty of "lesser greats" or "very good" players who decline early. But what I'm talking about are "truly great" players. And with Pujols, it is just how far he fell. He went from being one of the three greatest first basemen ever (along with Gehrig and Foxx) to, well, you've been watching Angels baseball.

1 hour ago, Bronson said:

I will agree about the clutch hits thing. He hits ALOT of solo shots. And it’s not because no one is ever on base for him. He just never hits them when people are on base.

Everyone has a few clutch hits in their career. Trout just doesn’t seem like a “clutch” type guy.

trout does not hit in a bubble. pitchers are going to pitch him differently with men on base. that has to be factored into the equation here.

maybe it's a different discussion/conclusion if we looked at what pitches in what part of the zone trout hits well, and which ones he doesn't, and then compare that with how he hits with runners on and how pitchers pitch to him in those situations.

a solo homer isn't generally going to hurt your team very much, but that changes if there are runners on. thus the pitching strategy changes as well.

17 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

It was a tight game and Sosh kept wanting AK to bunt, and AK kept hitting home runs.

They lose that game, and it's back to two in Minnesota.  What's the Angels history in just having to win one of the final two games on the road in the ALCS to make it to the World Series?

thanks for that kick in the nads 

Just now, Throwman91 said:

I can tell Trout is going through the motions with the Angels, he's a home-town kinda guy and perhaps the fact he's playing for a team he doesn't care for has helped him tremendously.  If I played for a team I loved I would put a lot more pressure on myself to succeed and win every at-bat, this would lead to a lot more inconsistency.  So there's two sides to every coin, but the bottom line is Trout would rather play for his childhood team.

you're so edgy 

15 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

He obviously had a big game, but it wasn't a particularly competitive series. If we assume AK was replaced with an absolute 0 then yes, that could be a huge difference maker, but ultimately you could say the same for just about every player in that starting lineup. The argument ultimately comes down to, the Angels won the world series with AK on the team, and that alone justifies the trade, which I am fine with, but you can't take it to the extreme and give AK the largest share of credit. 

7 minutes ago, Throwman91 said:

I can tell Trout is going through the motions with the Angels, he's a home-town kinda guy and perhaps the fact he's playing for a team he doesn't care for has helped him tremendously.  If I played for a team I loved I would put a lot more pressure on myself to succeed and win every at-bat, this would lead to a lot more inconsistency.  So there's two sides to every coin, but the bottom line is Trout would rather play for his childhood team and I think every baseball fan knows it.

No.

You have no idea what you’re talking about do you?

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

He obviously had a big game, but it wasn't a particularly competitive series. If we assume AK was replaced with an absolute 0 then yes, that could be a huge difference maker, but ultimately you could say the same for just about every player in that starting lineup. The argument ultimately comes down to, the Angels won the world series with AK on the team, and that alone justifies the trade, which I am fine with, but you can't take it to the extreme and give AK the largest share of credit. 

I gave him credit for getting the Angels to their only WS appearance.  Since he won the ALCS MVP, I am going to give him credit.

49 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Huge AK fan. Loves him when he was here. Great dude in person, too.

But I have to disagree. And I think he would, too. He went off that game, but the offense as a whole was on fire. And Id say aside from the whole team (damn that was fun...almost every guy had a big moment), the pitching and especially the pen got us there.

2 minutes ago, Throwman91 said:

The Angels 2002 success was soley on Mike Scioscia's NL style ball in the AL, it took many teams out of their comfort zone and they couldn't adjust.  The problem is Scioscia stuck to that play style for over a decade and it never lead to any more amazing success albeit the 2005 series we likely would have won it all if Eddings wasn't the umpire.  Scioscia should have been gone after the 2009 ALDS loss to the Yankees, but he stuck around for another decade for reasons unknown.

Yeah because when a manager takes you to the ALCS and get you to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years you get rid of him. Makes perfect sense.

6 minutes ago, Throwman91 said:

The Angels 2002 success was soley on Mike Scioscia's NL style ball in the AL, it took many teams out of their comfort zone and they couldn't adjust.  The problem is Scioscia stuck to that play style for over a decade and it never lead to any more amazing success albeit the 2005 series.  Scioscia should have been gone after the 2009 ALDS loss to the Yankees, but he stuck around for another decade for reasons unknown.

Good call.

Angels had a 1.083 OPS *as a team* in the division series against NY.

Angels out homered the Twins 8-0 in the ALCS.

Good call.

13 minutes ago, Throwman91 said:

The Angels 2002 success was soley on Mike Scioscia's NL style ball in the AL, it took many teams out of their comfort zone and they couldn't adjust.  The problem is Scioscia stuck to that play style for over a decade and it never lead to any more amazing success albeit the 2005 series.  Scioscia should have been gone after the 2009 ALDS loss to the Yankees, but he stuck around for another decade for reasons unknown.

You are a monster

32 minutes ago, Throwman91 said:

I can tell Trout is going through the motions with the Angels, he's a home-town kinda guy and perhaps the fact he's playing for a team he doesn't care for has helped him tremendously.  If I played for a team I loved I would put a lot more pressure on myself to succeed and win every at-bat, this would lead to a lot more inconsistency.  So there's two sides to every coin, but the bottom line is Trout would rather play for his childhood team and I think every baseball fan knows it.

images 2.jpg

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Oh and in the good ol days obvious trolls like this dude would have never lasted a 3rd or 4th post.  

I don't know. That post where he simultaneously gave Scioscia complete credit for the 2002 run while also saying he should've been fired after the 2005 season was a thing of beauty. Like a painter whose sole canvas was AngelsWin.com.

22 hours ago, notherhalo said:

Seems hes the reason were not winning.  When its clearly time to rebuild a while ago, we are instead stuck in purgatory because were trying to get a guy a ring who's been on his way out the door long before Harper came to town.  

Through 858 career gms:
Trout 189 2B, 39 3B, 184 HR, 513 BB, 826 K .308/.408/.567
Pujols 237 2B, 11 3B, 229 HR, 453 BB, 369 K .331/.419/.626

Let Philly have the $40 million version of Trout when hes on the wrong side of 30 and approaching their 40's.   Thanks for the memories and the prime years.  Unless they find some new steroids ala David Ortiz, why should we expect them to perform differently than any other washed up superstar, now in that age.  Its going to be Pujols/Miguel Cabrera/McCutchen/most other superstars, PT 2 after just a couple years into that contract.

Shut up, Bruce.