• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Albert Pujols looks for bounceback season after two more sugeries

AngelsWin.com

45 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am being 100% truthful here.  Pujols is LITERALLY the least interesting player on the roster to watch hit.

Pujols coming up means it's the right time to run to the fridge, the bathroom or the mailbox.

I cannot think of a more boring hitter.

And I can't think of a more boring narrative... it never ends.  Not directing this just at you - but the general narrative that is day in and day out the most boring subject of all.  Nothing new is added.  Same old gripes over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... the continued hope/speculation/fantasy/etc. about his production/or lack off and the length and cost of his contract, etc., etc.  - no one even hopes he has a good season any more.  It's as if people take joy in his poor performance.... yadda, yadda, yadda.

Ausmus has made his statements about what is best for the team.  Time to let it play out.

51 minutes ago, True Grich said:

And I can't think of a more boring narrative... it never ends.  Not directing this just at you - but the general narrative that is day in and day out the most boring subject of all.  Nothing new is added.  Same old gripes over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... the continued hope/speculation/fantasy/etc. about his production/or lack off and the length and cost of his contract, etc., etc.  - no one even hopes he has a good season any more.  It's as if people take joy in his poor performance.... yadda, yadda, yadda.

Ausmus has made his statements about what is best for the team.  Time to let it play out.

Well then when you see a thread with Pujols in the title, and something about health, or contract, you best sit it out.

Because Pujols' horribleness has irritated a lot of fans.

On 2/17/2019 at 2:32 PM, AngelsWin.com said:

“I don’t need to show anybody, man,” Pujols said on Sunday morning in the Angels clubhouse. “My job is to just try to be healthy and help this ballclub to win a championship. I don’t think I need to show anybody. I know what I can do when I’m healthy, and that’s what I try to do.”

With all due respect to Albert, the best way he could help the Angels win a championship at this point in his career would be to retire and free up his $30M salary to some younger and better talent. Just saying...

11 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Pujols averaged approx 100 RBI’s over the last five years. Does that make the Angels worse in every way?

When you look at any real metric yes he makes us worse.  Now, we haven’t had much in the way of replacements for him, but he is not good any more.  

Also, I agree, this is not a really good effort on your part. 

18 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Pujols averaged approx 100 RBI’s over the last five years. Does that make the Angels worse in every way?

I don’t give a shit what’s he’s done the past five years. The past two years he’s been nothing short of abysmal and he doesn’t deserve a job. We are a better baseball team with out him.

3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I don’t give a shit what’s he’s done the past five years. The past two years he’s been nothing short of abysmal and he doesn’t deserve a job. We are a better baseball team with out him.

He produced 101 RBIs in 2017. I get your point but you’re going a little overboard. Your beef is with the FO I believe. 

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Effort? Runs and RBIs are still highly valued. 

RBI’s are a product of opportunity and one’s location in the lineup. 

Want to know how effective he actually is? Look at his base stats: Hits, avg, obp - those tell you that in context neutral settings he sucks. 

Think he’s just better with runners on base or in scoring position? Try WPA (win probability added) - it measures performance in contexts that are more significant to the result of the game (or, clutch). In 2018, Pujols ranked 7th out of 8 players on the Angels who had at least 300 PA, behind Fletcher, and even Calhoun. Kinsler was the only guy less clutch than Pujols by that metric. 

In other words, Pujols was abysmal. He batted .245 with a sub-300 obp. He cost the team runs by how bad he was compared to replacing him with, say, David Fletcher at the plate. David Fletcher was a meh hitter, but according to the numbers he was less bad at hitting last season than Pujols. 

Pujols gets rbi’s because he bats behind guys who get on base a lot. He has a high total of opportunities for RBI’s, and actually gets less of them than an average player would. So, enough with this Pujols is a useful member of the team. There is no world in which that is still true.  3 years ago he was still goodish, but not anymore.